MH-25(a) issue...is it safe to use?

Started 2 months ago | Questions
public_af_lobster Regular Member • Posts: 279
MH-25(a) issue...is it safe to use?

Probably open talk forum?

But at risk of getting scolded, posting to the Pro Dx, Fx, Z forums that specifically use the MH-25 for the EN-EL15 s

Has anyone encountered an issue with a brand new charger with the short insert plug configuration.

Where if the plug and charger are in line with socket...everything is fine, works, and charges.

But, slide switch and rotate plug 90 degrees and charge unit forms an L shape...and nothing, no light, no charging when in socket.

Did not realize issue with charger until recent need to charge more than one battery at a time.

Guessing it will be an issue to take up with Nikon vs dealer as many months have gone by since additional body purchase.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
garryr Regular Member • Posts: 336
Re: MH-25(a) issue...is it safe to use?

If you think your charger is defective return it to the retailer you bought the camera from and show them.

garryr's gear list:garryr's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +4 more
arniebook Senior Member • Posts: 1,173

public_af_lobster wrote:

Probably open talk forum?

But at risk of getting scolded, posting to the Pro Dx, Fx, Z forums that specifically use the MH-25 for the EN-EL15 s

Has anyone encountered an issue with a brand new charger with the short insert plug configuration.

Where if the plug and charger are in line with socket...everything is fine, works, and charges.

But, slide switch and rotate plug 90 degrees and charge unit forms an L shape...and nothing, no light, no charging when in socket.

Did not realize issue with charger until recent need to charge more than one battery at a time.

Guessing it will be an issue to take up with Nikon vs dealer as many months have gone by since additional body purchase.

Yes, I had the same problem in the summer of 2016, just a few months after getting the D500, and got worried it would quit altogether or burn my house down. I didn't have confidence a replacement would be any better. If I remember correctly, the Nikon charger is only warranted for 90 days.

I also wanted to charge more than one battery at a time, and wanted to be able to charge anywhere as well, so I bought the RAVPower Dual Slot Battery Charger which uses a USB port.

I already had two batteries, but the new charger came with two RAVPower batteries. Both the charger and the RavPower batteries have been excellent for more than three years. I have successfully used it in my car, hotels, and aboard a cruise ship. You can use it with a portable power bank, if need be.

I bought this one ... $36 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JG6QWUA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But they now have the charger only for $10 ... a steal IMHO!

https://www.amazon.com/EN-EL15-RAVPower-Battery-Compatible-Batteries/dp/B07QS96BJT/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=ravpower+for+nikon+enel15+battery+charger+only&qid=1570988079&s=electronics&sr=1-5#customerReviews

Arnie

-- hide signature --

What we spend on this stuff is equal to the depth of our pockets squared ($²) times what we (j)ustify in our minds as to what we expect to do with our pictures plus (+) the (e)njoyment we experience from using our stuff and sharing the result ... $xxxx=$²(j+e )

arniebook's gear list:arniebook's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +3 more
OP public_af_lobster Regular Member • Posts: 279

Yes, my thoughts too, just had to sound it out.

Thanks

OP public_af_lobster Regular Member • Posts: 279

Thanks, good to know it does happen.

Just suspicious if it was factory tested or someone retail swapped, as unit has that used electronic odor but stronger. Will get it replaced as only had as spare, not in need for now of dual charger, but thanks for the suggestion.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads