Impressed by samsung s7 edge camera

Started 11 months ago | Discussions
Boss of Sony Senior Member • Posts: 2,207
Impressed by samsung s7 edge camera

I picked up a 2nd hand Samsung s7 edge for $150 including Gear VR headset. The phone is not as polished or as fast as my old iphone 7, but the camera seems to be a bit better. Here is a photo I snapped using the lightroom app. Quite a lot of detail in the photo.

Boss of Sony's gear list:Boss of Sony's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 9mm F8 Fish-Eye Body Cap Lens
QuangFoto
QuangFoto Regular Member • Posts: 368
Re: Impressed by samsung s7 edge camera

That is a great image.  I can't believe it's from a cell phone.

QuangFoto's gear list:QuangFoto's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic FZ1000 Sony RX10 IV Nikon D60 +20 more
doak Regular Member • Posts: 137
Re: Impressed by samsung s7 edge camera

And Samsung hasn't upgraded the sensor in 4 generations of phone... my S10e has the same sensor that was introduced in the S7. The 12MP sensor introduced in the S7 improved low light photography but i think Sammy also increased the default processing cause in normal/good light i liked the pics from the 16MP sensor in the S6 better. Ah, progress.

The Samsung camera UI has been changed over time... for the worse. Less direct control and now it is iPhone like and subject to inadvertent mode changes when zooming and such.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads