*** This Week Through Your Eyes 2019.10.12 ***

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
NCV
NCV Veteran Member • Posts: 9,749
Re: Utah & Arizona

Some fantastic landscapes in this set. In the USA you are blessed with some spectacular places.

NCV's gear list:NCV's gear list
Nikon D810 Olympus OM-D E-M5
JosephScha Veteran Member • Posts: 6,088
Re: TO THE CRITICS

I'm truly sorry if that sounded like criticism. It is not.  It is simply reporting of the sequence of events as they happened.

-- hide signature --

js

JosephScha's gear list:JosephScha's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Panasonic 100-300mm F4-5.6 II Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 +5 more
Lu1Wang
Lu1Wang Senior Member • Posts: 1,809
Strange sight

To intimidate wild animals maybe?

Lu1Wang's gear list:Lu1Wang's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Sony a7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 +9 more
19andrew47
19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 34,297
Re: Greenwich

A nicely done set of a magnificent building and art work Yaelle.

Andrew

Daneland
Daneland Regular Member • Posts: 225
Pizzeria shots

My friend took me his friend's restaurant. Pizza was good. I find so many interesting angles in restaurants but I am unable to capture nicely. At least, I am trying.

PS: Pizza was good, the last one is the pizza I ate, margherita with some parmesan shaving.

http://zzetta.co.uk/

-- hide signature --
 Daneland's gear list:Daneland's gear list
Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
yyr
yyr Forum Pro • Posts: 12,425
Re: TO THE CRITICS

JosephScha wrote:

I'm truly sorry if that sounded like criticism. It is not. It is simply reporting of the sequence of events as they happened.

In which case I apologise for aiming my rant at you.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

yyr's gear list:yyr's gear list
Leica CL Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Sony a7R II
Wormsmeat
OP Wormsmeat Forum Pro • Posts: 18,623
Re: Carpi

I'm fascinated to know the story of the 7th. Snapping a cane over his knee?

Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Sony a7R III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +5 more
Wormsmeat
Re: Yellowstone

What a lovely set, full of dramatic colours and landscapes. 3 and 7 stand out.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Sony a7R III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +5 more
Wormsmeat
Re: Utah & Arizona

Fabulous landscapes, very well depicted. Really enjoyed these, I felt hot and dusty when I got to the end. The seconds is, of course, the standout shot, dramatic stuff!

Wormsmeat
Re: A little fall color

#1 = autumn in a single leaf.

Wormsmeat
Re: *** This Week Through Your Eyes 2019.10.12 ***

Some nice sunrays in there.

Wormsmeat
Re: Strange sight

How very odd. There's a punchline there somewhere.

Wormsmeat
Re: Pizzeria shots

Had a look at the menu...pizzas look fantastic. You should get commission. Good pics too.

Cyucus
Cyucus New Member • Posts: 14

yyr wrote:

Cyucus wrote:

Barn in cornfield, Northern Illinois

Shot with high resolution mode on EM5 MII.

Would appreciate any thoughts on processing.

Thanks

I'm not sure from the B&W what you have available to play with but I'd look for some separation between the corn and the barn . I don't know what you use for PP but in LR I'd look at the B&W panel where you can change the mix of the underlying colours. Hope that makes sense - just try it to see what I mean.

FYI: I use Lightroom Classic and Photoshop CC for photo editing.

I definitely know what you mean! Went back and forth on the BW toning for the corn. My wife ( a pro photo editor and artist) thought the corn should have more shadows (than a previous version). So I went with the above.

Here's the previous version: (I think the corn is probably too light and the barn is too dark here. Probably need a Goldilocks version between the two.)

Previous version: Lighter corn, darker barn.

Cyucus's gear list:Cyucus's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +1 more
yyr
yyr Forum Pro • Posts: 12,425

Wormsmeat wrote:

Maybe we should just say 'Bravo'?

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

yyr's gear list:yyr's gear list
Leica CL Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Sony a7R II
Wormsmeat

yyr wrote:

Wormsmeat wrote:

Maybe we should just say 'Bravo'?

Ouch.

Peter Del Veteran Member • Posts: 5,825

Lu1Wang wrote:

To intimidate wild animals maybe?

Or they could be a statement against breast cancer, as these awere

Peter Del

Peter Del's gear list:Peter Del's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +5 more
Quinngarcia New Member • Posts: 12

Testing the 35-100 f/2.8 lens.

Quinngarcia New Member • Posts: 12

So far I'm really liking this lens.

KLH475 Senior Member • Posts: 1,187
Staying Close to Home

Because I take care of a disabled family member I cannot basically go anywhere for too long as anything can go wrong quite suddenly. So pretty much most of my photography is within the same basic areas here in Sacramento. So here's some more of Sacramento!

View out my apartment door at the end of the afternoon when the sun, which is behind the plants, lights up these plants and they appear to be glowing!

Two miles from where I live is an amazing 1 acre rock garden. This curly leaf appears every year for the last 3 years on the same branch on the same tree!

KLH475's gear list:KLH475's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Nikon D810 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads