*** This Week Through Your Eyes 2019.10.12 ***

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
NCV
NCV Veteran Member • Posts: 9,770
Re: Greenwich

Just my sort of set. I like the detail of the fresco with all that caos around the ship. The mirror was a great boon in the last one.

10mm! I thought my 12mm Sigma was as wide as you could go in FF. I find these super wide lenses are almost uncontrollable off a tripod, the slightest tilt or off axis alignment shows up like a sore thumb.

Did you straighten things up in post, as your framing is very precise?

Does you Sony have IBIS as I see some slow shutter speeds?

NCV's gear list:NCV's gear list
Nikon D810 Olympus OM-D E-M5
Jim Vincent Contributing Member • Posts: 989
Utah & Arizona

We took a trip to southern Utah and Sedona Arizona last month. Just thought I'd share a few shots from that trip for your consideration.

From Phoenix we drove up through the Petrified Forest to Utah.

Painted Desert - north end of Petrified Forest National Park - late afternoon.

Painted Desert Inn - late afternoon

Pano stitched in MICE from Goosenecks State Park - San Juan River

My wife & I at Owachomo Bridge in Natural Bridges National Monument

House on Fire - Mule Canyon trail

We hiked Wire Pass slot canyon to it's confluence with Buckskin slot canyon

Wire Pass viewed from Buckskin Gulch

Sedona at Crescent Moon Picnic Site

Sedona - Devil's Bridge

Sedona - Soldier's Pass Trail

If you are interested, a full set of photos from the trip are here .

Jim Vincent's gear list:Jim Vincent's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +1 more
Jim Vincent Contributing Member • Posts: 989
A little fall color

A couple from the garden this week and one from a bike ride along the Brown's Creek trail to Stillwater.  We aren't to peak fall color here in southern Minnesota yet.

Bees were loving the Asters, this green one caught my eye

A little color along the Brown's Creek trail

Jim Vincent's gear list:Jim Vincent's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +1 more
EdoOwned Forum Member • Posts: 92
Re: *** This Week Through Your Eyes 2019.10.12 ***

A few from my town, autumn is here...... Looking for nice light.....

EdoOwned's gear list:EdoOwned's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED
NCV
Re: Blue sky

I enjoyed this set. You have made some ordinary commercial architecture special.

JosephScha Veteran Member • Posts: 6,095

For some time this thread on the m43 forum has been open to all.  Especially people who have both m43 and something else, or used to have m43 and now have only something else; but even to people who never had m43 but just want to post a picture here.

I think that happened when the host of this thread become one of the people with a second system!

-- hide signature --

js

JosephScha's gear list:JosephScha's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 Panasonic 100-300mm F4-5.6 II +5 more
yyr
yyr Forum Pro • Posts: 12,463
TO THE CRITICS

JosephScha wrote:

For some time this thread on the m43 forum has been open to all. Especially people who have both m43 and something else, or used to have m43 and now have only something else; but even to people who never had m43 but just want to post a picture here.

I think that happened when the host of this thread become one of the people with a second system!

Well there's an implied criticism in your final sentence which surprises me coming from someone who posts in this thread from time to time even though it's no longer restricted to M43. Have I misunderstood?

There's plenty of room for everyone on DPR and if there are those out there who want to limit themselves to only looking at or commenting on m43 photos then they should start their own weekly thread with all the time, effort and dedication that entails. Then they can stop being offended by this one which is for people interested in photography regardless of format.

Many of us have been posting here week in and week out for many years , even before Wormy was moderating, and the m43 forum is richer for the contribution of those who post here - and that includes the contributions you make. Yet instead of being proud that the m43 forum hosts one of most popular and longest running threads on DPR and being proud that virtually all contributors here have shot with m43 and continue to do so alongside other systems, they want to be offended.

People should get a grip!

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

yyr's gear list:yyr's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Sony a7R II Leica CL
yyr

Beautifully done. I had to resort to Google as a blue-tinged berry on a plant which had 'alba' in it's name confused me a bit. I didn't realise it was a Dogwood.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

yyr
Re: Blue sky

These are great and really well seen. I think the 5th is my favourite with that rather nice composition of the two windows and stark black background.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------

yyr

Cyucus wrote:

Barn in cornfield, Northern Illinois

Shot with high resolution mode on EM5 MII.

Would appreciate any thoughts on processing.

Thanks

I'm not sure from the B&W what you have available to play with but I'd look for some separation between the corn and the barn . I don't know what you use for PP but in LR I'd look at the B&W panel where you can change the mix of the underlying colours. Hope that makes sense - just try it to see what I mean.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------

yyr
Re: Carpi

I love the room with the golden light and the marquetry floors. And the frescos are wonderful.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------

yyr
Re: Yellowstone

I wan't too sure about the first couple of shots but then the rest of the set just blew me away. Beautiful compositions and beautiful light, they're fantastic.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------

yyr
Re: Utah & Arizona

Fantastic landscape and an inspiring set Jim. My picks below (I was too lazy too count). The light in the first two is spectacular.

Jim Vincent wrote:

We took a trip to southern Utah and Sedona Arizona last month. Just thought I'd share a few shots from that trip for your consideration.

From Phoenix we drove up through the Petrified Forest to Utah.

Painted Desert - north end of Petrified Forest National Park - late afternoon.

Painted Desert Inn - late afternoon

Pano stitched in MICE from Goosenecks State Park - San Juan River

We hiked Wire Pass slot canyon to it's confluence with Buckskin slot canyon

Sedona - Devil's Bridge

If you are interested, a full set of photos from the trip are here .

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------

yyr
Re: A little fall color

I've never seen a green bee before.....

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------

yyr

The skill to make a good photo from this scene has to be admired. A really good result.

EdoOwned wrote:

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------

EdoOwned Forum Member • Posts: 92

yyr wrote:

The skill to make a good photo from this scene has to be admired. A really good result.

EdoOwned wrote:

Thank you for your compliment..... Persistence is a nice virtue....   a lot of great images here, hard to compete....

EdoOwned's gear list:EdoOwned's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED
yyr

Chris Oly wrote:

Excellent, clean and clear. My tops are #1, #3 and the last one. Lens correction or that lens is magic?

The lens is magic on a FF camera. I took a lot of care to line up the shots carefully with varying degrees of success. I've posted the OOC version of the last one below. It was almost perfect but not quite. At this AoV even the smallest variation is noticeable and although I tweaked the alignment in post it's still not perfect in the final image.

Yaelle
--------

yyr

NCV wrote:

Just my sort of set. I like the detail of the fresco with all that caos around the ship. The mirror was a great boon in the last one.

10mm! I thought my 12mm Sigma was as wide as you could go in FF. I find these super wide lenses are almost uncontrollable off a tripod, the slightest tilt or off axis alignment shows up like a sore thumb.

Did you straighten things up in post, as your framing is very precise?

Does you Sony have IBIS as I see some slow shutter speeds?

Thanks Nigel. The 10mm is pretty wild I have to admit and will take some taming and learning on my part. See my response to Chris Oly where I posted an OOC version of the last. I took great care with the framing and yes, in spite of my best efforts it's extremely hard to get it perfect in camera without a tripod. The slightest variation will cause significant distortion which was not really called for in this set.

Yes, the Sony has IBIS which I really appreciate given that the Leica has none. The light in the images is deceiving, it was nowhere near as bright as it appears.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------

yyr

It's not a competition you know. No one here is so good that they can't learn from others. 

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------

NCV
Re: Yellowstone

An interesting take on Yellowstone with these pictures.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads