*** This Week Through Your Eyes 2019.10.12 ***

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Wormsmeat
Wormsmeat Forum Pro • Posts: 18,427
*** This Week Through Your Eyes 2019.10.12 ***

Good morning to everyone wherever you are in the world...

• Please reply to my original post when submitting your own pictures.
  • Photos do not have to be taken on m4/3. This long-running thread is a community for both m4/3 users and also old friends who have moved away or are experimenting with other systems. Including me.
  • Give your reply a title.
  • Leave your guns and knives at the door. Keep it polite. There are plenty of other threads if you can’t manage that.
  • First thread kicks off Saturday morning (UK time).
  • Don’t add any photos to a thread after my ‘POST NO NEW PICS’ message (see below).
  • Newbies encouraged, any standard.
  • Avoid wasting thread space with replies such as “Thanks n/t”
  • Try to avoid separate posts with pictures of a similar theme. Put them all in the same post to avoid filling the threads too quickly.
  • Photographs do not have to have been taken this week.
  • Pictures of ducks in the local park or cherry blossom close ups? C’mon, you’re better than that.
  • Posting here implies you’re happy to receive a critique of your work.

I start the next part of a thread before each one is full (at around 110/150 posts). This does not mean the current thread is closed. Continue to post replies to the older thread but please don't post any new PHOTOGRAPHS to it.

(If you’ve posted a picture in an earlier thread there'll still be room for you to receive a comment on it later in the week). It also prevents tail-enders in earlier threads from getting no comments at all because the thread to which they have posted is full.

-W

Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Sony a7R III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +5 more
Wormsmeat
OP Wormsmeat Forum Pro • Posts: 18,427
WAS...DES

A huge recovery job this.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Sony a7R III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +5 more
Florida Nature Photographer Veteran Member • Posts: 8,271
Maine Acadia National Park 03
 Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Topaz Adjust +3 more
Re: WAS...DES

Nicely spotted! Five and five.

Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Topaz Adjust +3 more
yyr
yyr Forum Pro • Posts: 12,230
Greenwich

We went back to Greenwich last weekend to check out the Painted Hall which has just re-opened after a massive restoration lasting several years. It's always a nostalgic indulgence to come back here as my husband worked here for a time and the place holds many fond memories; having your bacon & eggs in the Painted Hall is something to be remembered!It used to be free to come in here but it now costs £11 with the result that the place was nearly empty.

I trotted out the A7 along with the Voigtlander 10mm f5.6 and the Voigtlander 50mm f1.2. This is the type of shooting I wanted that camera for in combination with the 10mm which gives a 130 degree field of view. There's still much to master about shooting that wide but I'm pleased with these results so far. All handheld.

1. Voigtlander 10mm

2. Voigtlander 10mm

3. Voigtlander 10mm

4. Voigtlander 10mm - I had to lie on my back to take this. Benches are provided!

5. Voigtlander 50mm

6. Voigtlander 50mm. Rule Britania!!

7. Voigtlander 10mm

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

yyr's gear list:yyr's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Sony a7R II Leica CL
Wormsmeat
Re: Maine Acadia National Park 03

Hello Sir. Nice colours here. Maybe a little more headroom on the third would have further enhanced this fine shot.

yyr

Lots of elements to admire in this but the thing that stands out for me and makes the image complete is the young man on the left.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

Wormsmeat
Re: Greenwich

Great stuff. The ceiling appears to be ablaze at times. I thought the 3rd would win but the last beats it hands down. That last shot is just amazing.

ukbassman Junior Member • Posts: 42

Is it just me or are none of these taken on M43??

ukbassman's gear list:ukbassman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +1 more
Tried your suggestion

Too much  now?

New version

Wormsmeat
Re: Tried your suggestion

I'd go for this. The woman is the focal point not the bullrush.

Anyway - how do you know Meghan Markle?

All very nice. I like the last one the best but wish there was a tad more room at the bottom. I have a 10-24 lens for my new camera which I plan to use a lot but it isn a 1.5 crop, unlike the A7. I, of course, plan to concentrate on landscape and do architecture as a change of pace.

yyr

ukbassman wrote:

Is it just me or are none of these taken on M43??

No, you’re spot on!! All taken with the Sony A7r II.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------

yyr

I’ll say the same as I said last week.  Nice compositions and processing but the contrast/clarity feels a bit heavy handed. Maybe just my personal taste Florida but I would dial it back a bit.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------

Re: Tried your suggestion

Wormsmeat wrote:

Anyway - how do you know Meghan Markle?

Thanks for the valuable feedback. Meghan Markle???

yyr wrote:

I’ll say the same as I said last week. Nice compositions and processing but the contrast/clarity feels a bit heavy handed. Maybe just my personal taste Florida but I would dial it back a bit.

I will go back and try to see what I did to cause that.

Helgestahill
Helgestahill New Member • Posts: 18
Re: *** This Week Through Your Eyes 2019.10.12 ***

Korallkornell, ( Cornus alba ‘Sibirica' )
Panasonic Lumix GX7 och Lumix G 42,5/1.7
( 1/200, f/2.5, ISO200 )

Helgestahill's gear list:Helgestahill's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +7 more
Midwest Jessie Senior Member • Posts: 1,069

Really like this image!

The wall adds a particularly interesting perspective in image 1.

I struggle with getting a full sense of scenes like this. Thanks for modeling it.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads