Fuji X-T3 Setting Live Colour Histogram

Started Oct 8, 2019 | Discussions
Tripodasaurus Junior Member • Posts: 36
Fuji X-T3 Setting Live Colour Histogram

Hi Fujilovers!

I read somewhere that the histogram in shooting mode can be set to colour. Does anyone know how to do this in the menu please?

Tripodasaurus's gear list:Tripodasaurus's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +3 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Steve Bingham
Steve Bingham Forum Pro • Posts: 27,590
Re: Fuji X-T3 Setting Live Colour Histogram

Well the X-H1 does. Looking at it now.

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +32 more
Alexander Meredith
Alexander Meredith Senior Member • Posts: 1,045

The RGB histogram is actually an overlay. Keep the Disp/Back button pressed for 3 secs then allocate a key press or touch screen swipe to the histogram. When you want the RGB histogram to appear press a key or swipe to show overlay.

Alexander Meredith's gear list:Alexander Meredith's gear list
Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Tamron 100-400mm F4.5-6.3 +1 more
OP Tripodasaurus Junior Member • Posts: 36

Thanks Steve. I sold my X-H1 for the X-T3 as I wasn’t using it for video. I love the X-T3 for its size and shooting experience.

Sigma DP1 Merrill Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +3 more

Wow great! Thanks very much Alexander. That’s a great help. Cheers.

Tom Schum
Tom Schum Veteran Member • Posts: 9,882

For a live histogram in color, assign that function to a function button. I have it assigned to the front function button. Press once and the live histogram appears, press again and it goes away.

See X-T3 manual page 204.

By the way, the electronic level can be assigned to a function button also. It provides left-right and forward-backward level indications so you can use wide angle lenses without lens distortion if you want.

Both of these are different from similar functions that can be assigned to the EVF and LCD. The electronic level in the display setup menu is just a horizon line that turns green when it is exactly horizontal. The live histogram in the display setup menu is luminance-only.  These settings are on manual page 198.

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum
Copper: Mankind's favorite electrical conductor

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Sigma dp0 Quattro Panasonic ZS100 Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma sd Quattro +15 more

Thanks Tom, what a star!

Thanks for making the effort to include the manual pages too.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads