DPReview Reader Survey

Started Oct 8, 2019 | Discussions
Dale Baskin
Dale Baskin dpreview Admin • Posts: 121
DPReview Reader Survey

Thanks for being a member of DPReview’s forums. We’re conducting a survey to find out how we can better serve our readers as well as attract new readers. The survey will take less than ten minutes, and it's your chance to have a say into how we evolve our core content in the coming weeks, months and years.

We know there’s a community of photographers who use our forums but don’t visit our homepage, just as a lot of people who visit our homepage don’t use our forums. We want to make sure we engage with and understand the views of our forum users who provide an incredible value to photographers worldwide with user reviews, answers to questions that our reviews don’t address, and more.

Click here to take the survey.

If you have any questions or feedback about the survey please let us know in this thread. Thanks again for helping us improve DPReview!

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback – the survey is now closed.

Lee Jay Forum Pro • Posts: 56,673
Re: DPReview Reader Survey

The survey didn't ask about one of my favorite - and most-hated - site features, the camera feature search.

I love it but I really wish all the errors were fixed and the search interface were updated a bit.  For example, the video tab has a rotten division of frame rates, and the data are inaccurate as the slider entirely fails to pick up cameras that have a slow-mo mode, most of the time.  This is just an example.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Canon Extender EF 2x III +10 more
Jonsi
Jonsi Veteran Member • Posts: 6,091

Lol..

Why is "in a forum post" not one of the options for "How did you find this survey?"

Dale Baskin
OP Dale Baskin dpreview Admin • Posts: 121

Jonsi wrote:

Lol..

Why is "in a forum post" not one of the options for "How did you find this survey?"

Oops – we missed that one.  It should be an option for anyone who takes the survey now.

WryCuda Forum Pro • Posts: 10,721

There seems to be no distinction between members and casual viewers when fillng in the survey. I was able to complete the survey while not logged in.

Any checks for multiple entries?

WryCuda's gear list:WryCuda's gear list
Nikon D7100 Sony a6000 Sony a7
KCook
KCook Forum Pro • Posts: 19,552

Interesting survey.  Seemed 100% gear oriented.  I did not see any mention of software for photography.

ohwell

KCook's gear list:KCook's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic G85
Jonsi

KCook wrote:

Interesting survey. Seemed 100% gear oriented. I did not see any mention of software for photography.

ohwell

It was in the first question about ways to expand the content they provide.

Labe Forum Pro • Posts: 12,228
What survey???

Not available

-- hide signature --

He worships me so much he even took my name. How awesome is that!

Labe's gear list:Labe's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Panasonic LX100 II Fujifilm FinePix IS-1 Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR +5 more
Dale Baskin
Re: What survey???

Labe wrote:

Not available

Due to the high response to the survey we reached our target and closed it this morning. We appreciate all the feedback we got – it's a lot of data to sort through.

KCook
KCook Forum Pro • Posts: 19,552

Good that you made the effort.  Can we expect any of the results to be shared?

Kelly

KCook's gear list:KCook's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic G85
Dale Baskin

KCook wrote:

Good that you made the effort. Can we expect any of the results to be shared?

Kelly

It's unlikely that we'll publish the raw results, but the data will help us better understand our audience and what content will be most useful to readers. So, in an indirect way you'll see the results down the road.

Jonsi

Dale Baskin wrote:

Due to the high response to the survey we reached our target and closed it this morning. We appreciate all the feedback we got – it's a lot of data to sort through.

I only use mobile and I see its still available there in case people wanted to chime in.

Dale Baskin

Jonsi wrote:

Dale Baskin wrote:

I only use mobile and I see its still available there in case people wanted to chime in.

There may have been some delay, but anyone going to the survey now should see that it's no longer active (including on mobile). Hope you were able to provide us with some feedback.

Jonsi

Dale Baskin wrote:

Jonsi wrote:

Dale Baskin wrote:

There may have been some delay, but anyone going to the survey now should see that it's no longer active (including on mobile). Hope you were able to provide us with some feedback.

Yes, I did.

Link still works though.

Dale Baskin

Jonsi wrote:

Dale Baskin wrote:

Jonsi wrote:

Dale Baskin wrote:

Yes, I did.

Link still works though.

It may still let you through if it detects that you started the survey at some point. I'll double check on our end - thanks.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads