DxO PhotoLab 3 coming on October 23rd - rumors

Started Sep 23, 2019 | Discussions
Danielx64 Regular Member • Posts: 111
DxO PhotoLab 3 coming on October 23rd - rumors

While I am taking this as it's quite possible that DxO PhotoLab 3will be out on Oct 23rd.

If this was to be true, I would hold off from buying DxO PhotoLab 2 unless there was to be a free upgrade.

Source: https://photorumors.com/2019/09/22/dxo-photolab-3-coming-on-october-23rd/

Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 21,752
Re: DxO PhotoLab 3 coming on October 23rd - rumors

Danielx64 wrote:

While I am taking this as it's quite possible that DxO PhotoLab 3will be out on Oct 23rd.

If this was to be true, I would hold off from buying DxO PhotoLab 2 unless there was to be a free upgrade.

Source: https://photorumors.com/2019/09/22/dxo-photolab-3-coming-on-october-23rd/

No rumor. It is to be expected and I have been predicting it this fall all year. Both DXO PL and C1 Pro are on an annual update cycle. C1 Pro on Oct 31 or Nov 1.

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +2 more
sankos Senior Member • Posts: 2,374

DxO Staff indicate as much in their forum (late October, early November). Then there's usually a Black Friday deal, Christmas and Easter time promotions and something in the summer as well.

It's interesting they are not issuing a free camera/lens support update version in September -- the latest version (2.3.1) is from the beginning of August, and before that new updates appeared almost on a monthly basis. So, it looks like there will be no 2.3.2 nor 2.4, but an upgrade to v.3.

sankos wrote:

DxO Staff indicate as much in their forum (late October, early November). Then there's usually a Black Friday deal, Christmas and Easter time promotions and something in the summer as well.

Everyone was hoping for a Black Friday deal last year and I don't believe that happened. I know people hoped for C1 Pro BF deal and that for sure did not happen. I could be mixing that up with DXO. Hope I'm wrong and and there is a deal.

It's interesting they are not issuing a free camera/lens support update version in September -- the latest version (2.3.1) is from the beginning of August, and before that new updates appeared almost on a monthly basis. So, it looks like there will be no 2.3.2 nor 2.4, but an upgrade to v.3.

I guarantee version 3.

Canon EOS R Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +2 more
IanYorke Veteran Member • Posts: 4,017

Danielx64 wrote:

Will be interested to see if there is anything in it to warrant the upgrade or be traditional and skip every other update

Ian

Danielx64 wrote:

That would be nice. I purchased PL and two months later PL 2 came out. It is good give people a heads up about when to purchase.

sankos Senior Member • Posts: 2,374

Zeee wrote:

sankos wrote:

Everyone was hoping for a Black Friday deal last year and I don't believe that happened.

I don't recall the specifics but I know it was tempting enough for me to buy an upgrade from Optics Pro 9 Elite to PhotoLab2 Elite (it was around 50 Euros).

I know people hoped for C1 Pro BF deal and that for sure did not happen. I could be mixing that up with DXO. Hope I'm wrong and and there is a deal.

Yes, C1 pricing got more interesting starting from March this year -- I could upgrade my Pro for Sony license from version 8 to version 12 for 75 Euros.

OP Danielx64 Regular Member • Posts: 111

Zeee wrote:

Danielx64 wrote:

That would be nice. I purchased PL and two months later PL 2 came out. It is good give people a heads up about when to purchase.

Well after reading this, I am going to hold off, only because I hear that they don't do free upgrades....

sankos wrote:

Zeee wrote:

sankos wrote:

Everyone was hoping for a Black Friday deal last year and I don't believe that happened.

I don't recall the specifics but I know it was tempting enough for me to buy an upgrade from Optics Pro 9 Elite to PhotoLab2 Elite (it was around 50 Euros).

Yes I very well may be wrong on that one.

I know people hoped for C1 Pro BF deal and that for sure did not happen. I could be mixing that up with DXO. Hope I'm wrong and and there is a deal.

Yes, C1 pricing got more interesting starting from March this year -- I could upgrade my Pro for Sony license from version 8 to version 12 for 75 Euros.

Pieloe
Pieloe Forum Member • Posts: 72

Danielx64 wrote:

rumors.com/2019/09/22/dxo-photolab-3-coming-on-october-23rd/

This is not a rumor. Too easy

For almost twenty years DxO comes out the major release of Optics pro / PhotoLab each last week of october, preferabily on the wednesday.

Pascal

EJ Fudd
EJ Fudd Senior Member • Posts: 1,664
They release new version same time every year..(nt)
-- hide signature --

"The fact is that relatively few photographers ever master their medium. Instead they allow the medium to master them and go on an endless squirrel cage chase from new lens to new paper to new developer to new gadget, never staying with one piece of equipment long enough to learn its full capacities, becoming lost in a maze of technical information that is of little or no use since they don't know what to do with it."
A Great Quote by Edward Weston...

EJ Fudd's gear list:EJ Fudd's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS 90D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +17 more
EJ Fudd
EJ Fudd Senior Member • Posts: 1,664

yes..

as with ANY software do research to see when updates are release..DON'T buy the software 6 weeks before that

-- hide signature --

"The fact is that relatively few photographers ever master their medium. Instead they allow the medium to master them and go on an endless squirrel cage chase from new lens to new paper to new developer to new gadget, never staying with one piece of equipment long enough to learn its full capacities, becoming lost in a maze of technical information that is of little or no use since they don't know what to do with it."
A Great Quote by Edward Weston...

EJ Fudd's gear list:EJ Fudd's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS 90D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +17 more
Lan Senior Member • Posts: 1,985

sankos wrote:

Grrr; my next anticipated camera body is an A7R4, expected profile release date 10-2019... No free update for me!

OP Danielx64 Regular Member • Posts: 111

Lan wrote:

sankos wrote:

Grrr; my next anticipated camera body is an A7R4, expected profile release date 10-2019... No free update for me!

It's also the same story for the Cannon G7x mk3 as well...

Pieloe

Lan wrote:

... but maybe some great things to come with DPL3   

Pascal

Ernie Misner
Ernie Misner Veteran Member • Posts: 6,500

Pieloe wrote:

Danielx64 wrote:

rumors.com/2019/09/22/dxo-photolab-3-coming-on-october-23rd/

This is not a rumor. Too easy

For almost twenty years DxO comes out the major release of Optics pro / PhotoLab each last week of october, preferabily on the wednesday.

What's  your best guess on an upgrade price from PL 2?

Pascal

-- hide signature --

Ernie Misner
http://www.flickr.com/photos/erniemisner/
"I bet we'll find hints of extraterrestrial life before 2030" - Jamie Shreeve, Popular Science

Ernie Misner's gear list:Ernie Misner's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +6 more
IanYorke Veteran Member • Posts: 4,017

Lan wrote:

sankos wrote:

In the UK this camera is still on pre order at £3,500 you can't seriously be bothered by a modest upgrade cost to get DXO-PL support?

Also why aren't you using Capture One if cost is an issue? There is a free version or low cost Pro version for you lucky Sony owners

Ian

Digital Nigel Forum Pro • Posts: 12,251

IanYorke wrote:

Lan wrote:

sankos wrote:

In the UK this camera is still on pre order at £3,500 you can't seriously be bothered by a modest upgrade cost to get DXO-PL support?

Also why aren't you using Capture One if cost is an issue? There is a free version or low cost Pro version for you lucky Sony owners

Those  61mp images are going to be very slow to process with PRIME; even the mere 42mp images from my A7Riii are pretty slow, and that's on a very fast machine.

Digital Nigel's gear list:Digital Nigel's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Canon PowerShot G7 X Panasonic ZS100 Nikon Coolpix P900 Sony RX10 III +18 more
Pieloe

Ernie Misner wrote:

Pieloe wrote:

What's your best guess on an upgrade price from PL 2?

Pascal

89€ is the current price (I live in France).
You can expect 30% discount for a month.
Be careful, more discount for black friday isn't certain this year !

Pascal

John Barrett Regular Member • Posts: 235

Version 3 needs some updates, version 2 had promised updats that were never delvered, suport staff are hinting again about changes, but we have been through that befor and nothing was actually delvered. I hope but am not convinced by hints ofter last time.

John Barrett's gear list:John Barrett's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Sony a6000 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads