*** PART2: This Week Through Your Eyes 2019.09.21 ***

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
19andrew47
19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 34,057
Re: A few from Mount Hood Wilderness (GX9)

A beautiful set Joseph!!

Andrew

s_grins
s_grins Forum Pro • Posts: 13,185
Re: What they are looking at?
1

windmillgolfer wrote:

I can see why this caught your eye: shapes, angles and colour. Even though it removes the colourful plant pots, I did think a crop might increase the sense of angles. Hope you don’t mind...

Of cause I do not mind!

From my perspective original photo bears a controversy between usual normality and weirdness of unusual coexisting in close proximity. It like aliens look at us.

-- hide signature --

Camera in bag tends to stay in bag...

 s_grins's gear list:s_grins's gear list
Panasonic G85 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +3 more
19andrew47
19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 34,057
Re: *** PART2: This Week Through Your Eyes 2019.09.21 ***

I like the juxtaposition of the woman and the mural.

Andrew

G Dickson Contributing Member • Posts: 677
Re: A few from Mount Hood Wilderness (GX9)

lovely set!

 G Dickson's gear list:G Dickson's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Olympus OM-D E-M10 Canon 6D Mark II Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +12 more
windmillgolfer
windmillgolfer Forum Pro • Posts: 16,282
Re: A few from Mount Hood Wilderness (GX9)
 windmillgolfer's gear list:windmillgolfer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +5 more
Tobamory Senior Member • Posts: 1,092
Coniston Jetty Lake District
2

Coniston Jetty

Weather was as always pants in the Lake District but the G9 held her own against the Nikons and Fujis

 Tobamory's gear list:Tobamory's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 28mm F2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM +4 more
BruceRH Senior Member • Posts: 1,873
Re: Coniston Jetty Lake District

Really nice image!

 BruceRH's gear list:BruceRH's gear list
Sony RX100 III Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Sony a7R II +25 more
Henry Falkner
Henry Falkner Forum Pro • Posts: 14,786
Re: The best camera is the one you have with you

Looks like you were lucky. You saw him - went back to the car to get the camera - and on return he was still there. Well captured, too. You forgot to close your eyes as you pressed the button.

Henry

-- hide signature --

Henry Falkner - E-M10 Mark II, SH-1, SH-50, SP-570UZ
http://www.pbase.com/hfalkner

 Henry Falkner's gear list:Henry Falkner's gear list
Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus SH-50 Olympus Stylus SH-1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II
Henry Falkner
Henry Falkner Forum Pro • Posts: 14,786
Short Break In The Rain
1

The cat went out the moment the sun came out.

The sun stayed out for long enough to get five shots. I just kept this one, where Lucky is not looking away.

Went in to download the picture, and the rain started. Lucky wanted to come in again.

Henry

-- hide signature --

Henry Falkner - E-M10 Mark II, SH-1, SH-50, SP-570UZ
http://www.pbase.com/hfalkner

 Henry Falkner's gear list:Henry Falkner's gear list
Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus SH-50 Olympus Stylus SH-1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II
sinkas Senior Member • Posts: 1,514
Re: A few from Mount Hood Wilderness (GX9)

Really nice set. Especially liked the last with the sunlight coming through.

-- hide signature --
 sinkas's gear list:sinkas's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon D850 Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +5 more
yyr
OP yyr Forum Pro • Posts: 12,209
*** POST NO NEW PICS***

The new thread has started.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

 yyr's gear list:yyr's gear list
Leica CL Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Sony a7R II
Midwest Jessie Senior Member • Posts: 1,066
Re: A few from Mount Hood Wilderness (GX9)

The last is the winner for me!

Tobamory Senior Member • Posts: 1,092
Re: Coniston Jetty Lake District

BruceRH wrote:

Really nice image!

Thanks Bruce

 Tobamory's gear list:Tobamory's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 28mm F2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM +4 more
outlierrn Regular Member • Posts: 136
Re: The best camera is the one you have with you

Henry Falkner wrote:

Looks like you were lucky. You saw him - went back to the car to get the camera - and on return he was still there. Well captured, too. You forgot to close your eyes as you pressed the button.

Henry

Well, I stayed in the car, remembered to turn it off for less vibrations and moved slowly trying not to startle.  I must confess, though, I don't understand your last sentence about closing my eyes?

Henry Falkner
Henry Falkner Forum Pro • Posts: 14,786
Re: The best camera is the one you have with you
1

outlierrn wrote:

Henry Falkner wrote:

Looks like you were lucky. You saw him - went back to the car to get the camera - and on return he was still there. Well captured, too. You forgot to close your eyes as you pressed the button.

Henry

Well, I stayed in the car, remembered to turn it off for less vibrations and moved slowly trying not to startle. I must confess, though, I don't understand your last sentence about closing my eyes?

Sorry about the bad joke. A number of prints I have to do for family and friends are off-center, because they don't keep looking at the LCD / viewfinder until after they have taken the shot. Some happy snaps we see in these forums suggest the same.

Your shots are perfect - including the one where the bird flies away. So I guess you kept looking right until you knew you had the shots.

Off topic - I forget technique from one gannet season to another. I wasted much of my recent visit, forgetting to set shutter priority. The following light crop from the camera original might just tolerate a 33x23 inch print, without looking with a magnifier -

Henry

-- hide signature --

Henry Falkner - E-M10 Mark II, SH-1, SH-50, SP-570UZ
http://www.pbase.com/hfalkner

 Henry Falkner's gear list:Henry Falkner's gear list
Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus SH-50 Olympus Stylus SH-1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II
outlierrn Regular Member • Posts: 136
Re: The best camera is the one you have with you

Henry Falkner wrote:

outlierrn wrote:

Henry Falkner wrote:

Looks like you were lucky. You saw him - went back to the car to get the camera - and on return he was still there. Well captured, too. You forgot to close your eyes as you pressed the button.

Henry

Well, I stayed in the car, remembered to turn it off for less vibrations and moved slowly trying not to startle. I must confess, though, I don't understand your last sentence about closing my eyes?

Sorry about the bad joke. A number of prints I have to do for family and friends are off-center, because they don't keep looking at the LCD / viewfinder until after they have taken the shot. Some happy snaps we see in these forums suggest the same.

Your shots are perfect - including the one where the bird flies away. So I guess you kept looking right until you knew you had the shots.

Off topic - I forget technique from one gannet season to another. I wasted much of my recent visit, forgetting to set shutter priority. The following light crop from the camera original might just tolerate a 33x23 inch print, without looking with a magnifier -

Henry

No worries, that's about what I figured.  Nice shot!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads