Sekonic L-758D automatic memory clear / single memory?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
AriV1 New Member • Posts: 2
Sekonic L-758D automatic memory clear / single memory?

Hi,

I have Sekonic L-758D.

Is there function to automatically clear the memories or use only one memory?

If i take a memory and use AVE./EV, it lets me see how many stops I’m under or overexposing with the selected stop.

When I do that again, it sets to another memory and takes the old reading and memory. I do a lot of mistakes when this happens and if I don’t clear the memory in between.

any solutions?

fotowbert
fotowbert Veteran Member • Posts: 3,066
L-758 Contrast Function

AriV1 wrote:

Hi,

I have Sekonic L-758D.

Is there function to automatically clear the memories or use only one memory?

I don't see anything like that in the table of L-758 custom settings. The table is on pdf page 50 (bottom of page shows 44) of the pdf file I downloaded from Sekonic's web site several years ago. Same table is on page 40 of the paper manual of my son's L-758.

If i take a memory and use AVE./EV, it lets me see how many stops I’m under or overexposing with the selected stop.

It sounds like you are using the L-758's "Contract Function" where you put one reading into memory then press AVE/EV and take a 2nd reading. The difference in EV between the two readings is displayed while you continue pressing the metering button.

In item "5" of the "Contrast Function" Sekonic calls the reading in memory "the Standard Value" and gives instruction on how to clear it. Using Memory Clear button works but pressing AVE/EV button does not, contrary to the Sekonic's instruction. I have confirmed pressing AVE/EV button does not clear the Standard Value from memory using  my son's L758 and or my L-358 model which has a similar function.

When I do that again, it sets to another memory and takes the old reading and memory. I do a lot of mistakes when this happens and if I don’t clear the memory in between.

You will need to press "M CLEAR" if you need to set a new Standard Value.

• John
-- hide signature --

"[If you don't sweat the details] the magic doesn't work." Brooks, F. P., The Mythical Man-Month, Addison-Wesley, 1975, page 8.

fotowbert's gear list:fotowbert's gear list
Canon PowerShot A20 Canon PowerShot SD870 IS Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8 Canon PowerShot S95 +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads