Pix for the Week Ending September 20th to 22nd, 2019

Started 3 months ago | Photos
larryj Forum Pro • Posts: 10,961
Pix for the Week Ending September 20th to 22nd, 2019

Hello Sigma Shooters:

September nears the half way point. Summer is over and fall has arrived.  A really good time to get out and shot some photos Remember that images taken with all Sigma cameras and lenses are welcome to post. Please try to limit your post to 3 images and don't forget to give your post a title so that comments will be properly directed.

Now get out there and shoot some summer/falll shots!

And by all means have some fun

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
larryj
If you can see the light, you can photograph it
Quote from Myron Woods

larryj's gear list:larryj's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art +1 more
OP larryj Forum Pro • Posts: 10,961
Re: Pix for the Week Ending September 20th to 22nd, 2019

Kathleen and I celebrated our 41st anniversary on Wednesday by taking a trip to Estas Park and staying at the historic Stanley Hotel.  We did a lot of sight seeing in Estas Park and ventured in Rocky Mountain National Park.  The traffic in the park was terrible and there were people everywhere,  We did get into Bear Lake and took a few images.  I like this view, even though the lighting was not the best

Taken with the SD1 Merrill and the 18-35 mm Art lens.  Processed with the Sigma Add-inn to Photoshop.

Enjoy!  

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
larryj
Quote from Myron Woods

Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art +1 more
Jvlahakis
Jvlahakis Regular Member • Posts: 450
Hanging on to Summer

Jvlahakis's gear list:Jvlahakis's gear list
Leica M-Monochrom Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X Fujifilm GFX 100 Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH +14 more
DavidWright2010 Senior Member • Posts: 1,944
The way south

Oregon coast weather Sunday and Monday was clouds and rain, so I took I-5 again.

I looked for an interesting viewpoint not far from the freeway, This is from the falsely named 'Summit Road:

Mt Shasta from the West

Further south is Sutter's Buttes, "The World's Smallest Mountain Range". (Actually a heavily eroded extinct volcano);

Cloud over the Buttes

Anybody know that crop this bright yellow field of grasses is?

Sutter's Buttes is mostly private property

Closed Gate

David

DavidWright2010's gear list:DavidWright2010's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD1 Merrill Pentax K-70 +1 more
DanInJapan256 Regular Member • Posts: 193
Soft light DP2M

Took some pictures in the park the other day.  This one turned out the best, IMO.

Dan

DanInJapan256's gear list:DanInJapan256's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP2s Sigma DP1 Sigma sd Quattro Sony a7
radissimo
radissimo Regular Member • Posts: 180
Re: Soft light DP2M

Path III

Path  IV

Roos

radissimo's gear list:radissimo's gear list
Ricoh GR Panasonic LX100 Canon PowerShot G7 X Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon G7 X II +13 more
D Cox Forum Pro • Posts: 24,402
Red

Berries of Black Bryony.

This is the time of year when I photograph Virginia Creeper. It's a pernicious weed which can do a lot of damage to your house, and I have far too many photos of it already; but here are two more.

Joris1632 Senior Member • Posts: 2,546
Autumn = Bock Beer .......

......   and old crumbly cheese and ........

........ kinda sad......

...... but Happy - I was young once ..........

-- hide signature --

Joris1632

Re: Red

Nice images Don:  Thanks for sharing

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
larryj
Quote from Myron Woods

Re: Autumn = Bock Beer .......

Nice images George:  Thanks for sharing

The first is my favorite of this group, makes me want to grab some cheese and bread and enjoy a sip of the rich bock beer

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
larryj
Quote from Myron Woods

Scottelly
Scottelly Forum Pro • Posts: 14,044
Ants

-- hide signature --

Scott Barton Kennelly
https://www.bigprintphotos.com/

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma sd Quattro H Nikon D810 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +20 more
Scottelly
Scottelly Forum Pro • Posts: 14,044

Congratulations Larry!

-- hide signature --

Scott Barton Kennelly
https://www.bigprintphotos.com/

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma sd Quattro H Nikon D810 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +20 more

Scottelly wrote:

Congratulations Larry!

thanks Scott, much appreciated 😎

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
larryj
Quote from Myron Woods

Peter A. Stavrakoglou Veteran Member • Posts: 8,018

Technically this may not qualify because it was shot a week ago but I only found the time this week to process the X3F files. If I've run afoul of any "rules", I beg forgiveness.

This is a view from our church looking at the grounds on a Sunday morning before service. We meet in a huge event barn http://gracemeadowsfarmtn.com/

-- hide signature --

My humble photo gallery: http://www.pete-the-greek.com

Peter A. Stavrakoglou's gear list:Peter A. Stavrakoglou's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Sigma SD1 Merrill Canon EOS R Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +17 more

Love the seasonality: it's been a very strange summer/ early autumn here, have you found the same?

Of course seasons are now controlled by the supermarkets ..........

-- hide signature --

Joris1632

Sorry, I missed the reference to your anniversary! Many congratulations!

-- hide signature --

Joris1632

xpatUSA
xpatUSA Forum Pro • Posts: 15,886
Purple

D Cox wrote:

Berries of Black Bryony.

Nice, Don.

Still looking at aliasing of irregular objects, I snapped these American Beautiberries this very afternoon:

Hand-held, low-res, 100% crop, no re-sampling.

They grow like weeds all around here ...

-- hide signature --

Ted

xpatUSA's gear list:xpatUSA's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP2 Merrill Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 +17 more
SigmaChrome Forum Pro • Posts: 11,638
Re: Autumn = Bock Beer .......

Lovely shots, George.

The first two are quite stunning, with gorgeous lighting, colour and composition.

The blackberries are a heavenly addition too. Also : I love fresh blackberries!

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Vitée
Capture all the light and colour!
http://www.pbase.com/vitee/galleries

SigmaChrome's gear list:SigmaChrome's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma DP1 Sony RX100 Sigma dp0 Quattro +33 more
D Cox Forum Pro • Posts: 24,402

Joris1632 wrote:

Love the seasonality: it's been a very strange summer/ early autumn here, have you found the same?

Of course seasons are now controlled by the supermarkets ..........

The weather here has been very changeable, but it usually is. We did have four or five hot days back in the Summer, instead of the usual two.

I think English weather makes more sense if you divide the seasons properly, with Midsummer Day as the middle day of Summer. It seems absurd to me to have Midsummer Day as the first day of Summer. Likewise for Midwinter: the shortest day must be the middle of Winter.

The beer in your still life shots is very tempting.

I think the bread in your first shot is a bit too near the edge -- not quite a tangent but nearly so. Great setup and lighting.

LWW Contributing Member • Posts: 614
Re: Great Western Woodlands

I live and work relatively remotely, Norseman, Western Australia. Some 700 klm east of Perth. Recently I had the pleasure to receive 30 or so guests to my turf, from the Rockingham Photography Club, near Perth. I met them out in the boonies to be guide into and around my town. Some pics from that sojourn at McDermid Rock, Woodlands drive.

LWW's gear list:LWW's gear list
Sigma dp1 Quattro Sigma dp3 Quattro Sigma dp0 Quattro Sigma dp2 Quattro Pentax K-5 II +37 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads