First pictures of the X-Pro3?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
AaronX Senior Member • Posts: 1,231
Re: First pictures of the X-Pro3?

The 2nd LCD will add to the cost of the Pro, which is already not cheap. It looks Fuji is positioning the Pro further into a niche, emphasizing the film era feel.

Personally I don't have any use for a OVF, but I love the corner EVF which gives me more real estate on the back of the camera with my left eye looking through the view finder. I was moderately interested in the Pro3 since there seems to be a long wait for the X-E4.

I hope the further niche-ing of the Pro could give room for the early release a strong X-E4, with a X-T2/3 styled LCD, to compete directly with Sony A6600. It will sell well. If Fuji adds IBIS to the X-E4, it will be the perfect camera for me.

holashobby Contributing Member • Posts: 522

nomad147 wrote:

looks great, i like that they are thinking outside of the box, this will be a great camera, can't wait to get my hands on it!!

At what cost! No need designing a product so radical that no one buys it because its unwieldy! Reminds of how Apple let Microsoft back in the personal computer market by pushing form over function to an extreme. I hope this LCD screen rumour turns out to be untrue! Otherwise, this is a deliberately crippled camera! The design makes it impractical for casual video, will there be enough takers for such an eccentric design?

holashobby's gear list:holashobby's gear list
Panasonic LX10 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +4 more
Majikdragon Regular Member • Posts: 131

I dunno, seems like something they might do, but I'd much rather it had the same kind of flip out screen that the X-A7/E-M5/Pen-F etc have. At least then you'd have the option to leave it reversed. They already have the hinge in the X-A7 so this just makes no sense to me.

DarnGoodPhotos Veteran Member • Posts: 9,006

Les Lammers wrote:

Threaded wrote:

A certain well known rumour site has published apparently accurate sketches of the forthcoming X-Pro3, from one of their reliable sources - https://www.fujirumors.com/leaked-this-is-the-fujifilm-x-pro3-dual-screen-and-button-layout-sketches-of-x-pro3-top-front-and-backside/

It appears to confirm not only the controversial “flip down” rear screen, but also a secondary small display on the back of the flap for settings etc (similar to the XH1’s top lcd possibly).

It’s fair to say I’m not a fan. I don’t need or want Fuji to patronise me by weaning me off the rear screen, and I don’t want to pretend I’m using a film camera, I’m quite happy feeling like a grown up with a digital camera when I use my XP2. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Seems a bit weird to me too. However, many have wanted a flippy screen on the X_Pro. It could be useful when shooting overhead...unless I'm missing something. I'm going to simply wait until there is more info.

Apparently it only tilts to help with low shots; for up high it’s no different than the Pro2’s fixed screen.

-- hide signature --

www.darngoodphotos.com

DarnGoodPhotos's gear list:DarnGoodPhotos's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
Erik Baumgartner Senior Member • Posts: 1,263

Homo erectus wrote:

...Even with the X-Pro 2 there are so many shots where the automation in the camera that I don't control made some decision that ruined or compromised a shot. I'm not enthusiastic about more automation and less direct control surfaces in new cameras.

The best thing about these Fuji cameras is that they are either as manually controlled or as automated as you choose to make it. If the “camera” ruined or compromised a shot, it’s because you allowed it to. You can always your shooting parameters manually if that is your preference. Just because the camera can operate autonomously, doesn’t mean it has to.

Erik Baumgartner's gear list:Erik Baumgartner's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +1 more
KFo
KFo Regular Member • Posts: 495

DarnGoodPhotos wrote:

Les Lammers wrote:

Threaded wrote:

A certain well known rumour site has published apparently accurate sketches of the forthcoming X-Pro3, from one of their reliable sources - https://www.fujirumors.com/leaked-this-is-the-fujifilm-x-pro3-dual-screen-and-button-layout-sketches-of-x-pro3-top-front-and-backside/

It appears to confirm not only the controversial “flip down” rear screen, but also a secondary small display on the back of the flap for settings etc (similar to the XH1’s top lcd possibly).

It’s fair to say I’m not a fan. I don’t need or want Fuji to patronise me by weaning me off the rear screen, and I don’t want to pretend I’m using a film camera, I’m quite happy feeling like a grown up with a digital camera when I use my XP2. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Seems a bit weird to me too. However, many have wanted a flippy screen on the X_Pro. It could be useful when shooting overhead...unless I'm missing something. I'm going to simply wait until there is more info.

Apparently it only tilts to help with low shots; for up high it’s no different than the Pro2’s fixed screen.

Flip the camera upside down when held overhead... NBD.

-- hide signature --

Unconcerned but not indifferent.
Sharpness is a bourgeoisie concept.
Opted into the Fuji X system big time. Like to travel light and shot quick; that's why I also have a Ricoh GR....
INSTAGRAM https://www.instagram.com/streeteatsyou/
BLOG http://streeteatsyou.com/category/photography/

KFo's gear list:KFo's gear list
Ricoh GR II Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Leica M10-P Leica Summicron-M 28mm f/2 ASPH +14 more
Brian P Smith Contributing Member • Posts: 609

I'm cautiously optimistic that it won't look like this, but it is looking more and more like it is. Not a fan, though I'm sure others will like it. It seems to me like a solution waiting for a problem, while trying to be "unique".

In my opinion, you have this nice huuuge screen developed for the X-A7 that you could have stuck on there and had the same effect (flip it around and it's covered for transport/ovf only use) which would have appealed to a much broader audience.

Brian P Smith's gear list:Brian P Smith's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon Z6 Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +5 more
9VIII Contributing Member • Posts: 626
Re: Many options for you...

Threaded wrote:

razorfish wrote:

X-T3, X-H1, X-T30, etc etc...

Let the X-Pro be something different, we don’t need a lot of clone cameras.

I'm not asking for a clone camera, I'm asking for a good update for the X-Pro line I've been using for the past four years or so. Please don't try and tell me I want an XT30, I do not.

I think the takeaway here is maybe the X-E4 should be a little more upscale.
I’d like to see an X-E40 on top of an X-E4, but the X-E line seems to be niche enough that they should just focus on the high end.
I can’t say what it would accomplish from a marketing perspective but it would be really cool to see the X-E4 and X-T4 launch at the same time with the same internals, just giving everyone the choice of layout.

9VIII's gear list:9VIII's gear list
Canon EOS 1100D Fujifilm X-E2S Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II +5 more
notchy
notchy Regular Member • Posts: 396

9VIII wrote:

Threaded wrote:

razorfish wrote:

I'm not asking for a clone camera, I'm asking for a good update for the X-Pro line I've been using for the past four years or so. Please don't try and tell me I want an XT30, I do not.

I think the takeaway here is maybe the X-E4 should be a little more upscale.
I’d like to see an X-E40 on top of an X-E4, but the X-E line seems to be niche enough that they should just focus on the high end.
I can’t say what it would accomplish from a marketing perspective but it would be really cool to see the X-E4 and X-T4 launch at the same time with the same internals, just giving everyone the choice of layout.

It would be sweet, but I somehow doubt we'll see two such models launch simultaneously. Like many other manufacturers out there, Fujifilm clearly stagger their product launches in such a way as to keep the brand in the news on a fairly regular basis.

notchy's gear list:notchy's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3

Brian P Smith wrote:

I'm cautiously optimistic that it won't look like this, but it is looking more and more like it is. Not a fan, though I'm sure others will like it. It seems to me like a solution waiting for a problem, while trying to be "unique".

In my opinion, you have this nice huuuge screen developed for the X-A7 that you could have stuck on there and had the same effect (flip it around and it's covered for transport/ovf only use) which would have appealed to a much broader audience.

I would have preferred either the X-T3 or X-T100 screens over the X-A7 screen.

-- hide signature --

www.darngoodphotos.com

Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
holashobby Contributing Member • Posts: 522
Re: Not sure about the veracity of this info

Threaded wrote:

After further thought,  I think this rumour veracity is questionable,  the absence of a d-pad i.e. fewer buttons on a camera without a full-time touch screen is dubious. The design must allow for easy navigation in some form,  otherwise, this will be a rather unwieldy  camera

Let's wait and see!

holashobby's gear list:holashobby's gear list
Panasonic LX10 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +4 more
markusw Senior Member • Posts: 1,705

holashobby wrote:

Threaded wrote:

After further thought, I think this rumour veracity is questionable, the absence of a d-pad i.e. fewer buttons on a camera without a full-time touch screen is dubious. The design must allow for easy navigation in some form, otherwise, this will be a rather unwieldy camera

Let's wait and see!

A really wise post!

-- hide signature --
Old Salt Regular Member • Posts: 443

Fuji has managed to stick to a great design for the X100-series. Polishing the design by adding small improvements with each new version. They have had great success with this camera.

In the same way the X-Pro2 is a great camera that does not need to be fixed, because it is not a broken design. The X-pro2 clearly has it’s following, just give us the same camera with improved internal components. Please. Bigger viewfinder, better auto focus and ISO on the front dial is easy and achievable.

If the screen is to have a hinge, make it one like Olympus so we can turn it around and view it while it is flat against the camera. Otherwise don’t change it at all.

Old Salt's gear list:Old Salt's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +3 more
OP Threaded Senior Member • Posts: 2,844

holashobby wrote:

Threaded wrote:

After further thought, I think this rumour veracity is questionable, the absence of a d-pad i.e. fewer buttons on a camera without a full-time touch screen is dubious. The design must allow for easy navigation in some form, otherwise, this will be a rather unwieldy camera

Let's wait and see!

We'll all wait and see of course, but the fact is FR have published many similar sketches in the past of other forthcoming models, most likely from the same inside "artist", and all have proven entirely correct.  I find FR quite annoying a lot of the time and they certainly publish a lot of dross in between the nuggets of solid info like this, but when they do publish these rumours and quote "verified sources" as they have done here, experience shows there's really not a lot of room for doubt.

Threaded's gear list:Threaded's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
HatWearingFool
HatWearingFool Senior Member • Posts: 1,943

holashobby wrote:

Threaded wrote:

Let's wait and see!

People always doubt the rumours they don't like and then they always come to pass. I understood the skepticism a few years ago but none of these sites have ever been wrong with a FT5 or probably even ft4 classed rumour. It's happening, accept it.

-- hide signature --
markusw Senior Member • Posts: 1,705
It‘s Fuji‘s decision

Without any sarcasm: I guess Fuji did a lot of market research upfront development, and it is a tough decision in times of shrinking markets. We are just a couple of people with requirements which might be not shared by the majority of buyers.

And times have changed since the XP1. Today, wedding, documentary or portrait pros have enough bodies to choose from, and I assume many of them will go for the XT3. So, the XP is even more a niche product as it was in 2012.

Just keep in mind - for most of us it‘s just a hobby. But for Fuji, it is about jobs, earnings, shareholders, and in the end, it‘s about surviving in this shrinking market. A real tough situation, and I am pretty sure they did the very best.

So - my suggestion: Let‘s see what the specs will be, get a hand-on experience, and then judge about the design. And if you don‘t like it - get something else, as long as it is from Fuji

-- hide signature --

Fuji won’t remove the d-pad without it having a touchscreen.

-- hide signature --

www.darngoodphotos.com

BWJunkie Regular Member • Posts: 275

razorfish wrote:

You have it the other way around.  The X-Pro1 was the FIRST Fujifilm X-Series camera with the four way D-pad.

Tim C.

BWJunkie's gear list:BWJunkie's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
caesarb Contributing Member • Posts: 514

I was hoping for a very simple and clean design, similar to Leica M.

OP Threaded Senior Member • Posts: 2,844

BWJunkie wrote:

razorfish wrote:

You have it the other way around. The X-Pro1 was the FIRST Fujifilm X-Series camera with the four way D-pad.

Tim C.

Very true, in fact it was the first X series MILC full stop and originated many of the features that subsequent Fuji’s “cloned”.  Ironically one of the things which came to differentiate the X-Pro2 from its peers was its faithful adherence to a fixed rear screen rather than any form of tilty flippy arrangement; so much for letting the X-Pro be something different..

Threaded's gear list:Threaded's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads