Will the X-H1 receive a major firmware update?

Started Sep 17, 2019 | Discussions
holashobby Senior Member • Posts: 1,203
Will the X-H1 receive a major firmware update?

The release of the X-A7 have brought welcome improvements to the Fujifilm x series platform. I hear that some of these will trickle up to X-T3/30 models very soon.  Are the any plans for a major firmware update for the X-H1?

holashobby's gear list:holashobby's gear list
Panasonic LX10 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +3 more
Fujifilm X-H1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Ben Herrmann
Ben Herrmann Forum Pro • Posts: 21,087
Ahhh, allow me to briefly look into my crystal ball...

,,,which, for the moment, happens to be in the shape of a Budweiser in a bottle.  Nope - I'm not seeing anything at the moment.  But thanks for assuming that we out here in Fuji land may somehow know what the future entails. 

-- hide signature --

Best of luck and health to you all!

Bernd ("Ben") Werner Herrmann
Fuquay Varina, North Carolina USA

Just a friendly reminder here homies - bear in mind that any posting of mine represents my opinion only - not those of other folks - nor am I implying that others will feel the same way that I do about a given issue or camera. I advance suggestions or information based on my having used a camera (or cameras) - not purely on blind speculation. However, If you feel absolutely compelled to argue about a personal opinion of mine, please feel free to go ahead and do so - and it could be without my participation of course - and that would be quite an interesting conversation to say the least.

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Panasonic FZ1000 Canon EOS M Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-330 +15 more
ikaika777
ikaika777 Senior Member • Posts: 2,573
Re: Will the X-H1 receive a major firmware update?

You mean like the better eye af? It depends, does the X-A7 have the same sensor and processor as the H1, T2, X-E3, Pro2, X100F? If not then probably not.

-- hide signature --

After all is said and done and your photo is hanging on the wall, no one is going to know or care what camera, lens, or what post processing you used. All they care about is if the image moves them.
I’m not hung up on the Bokeh fad because I’m too busy chasing shadows.

ikaika777's gear list:ikaika777's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +18 more
OP holashobby Senior Member • Posts: 1,203

ikaika777 wrote:

You mean like the better eye af? It depends, does the X-A7 have the same sensor and processor as the H1, T2, X-E3, Pro2, X100F? If not then probably not.

Yes, I sense that the forthcoming X-T3/30 firmware update may put clear blue water between the capabilities of the new generations models and the prior generation leaving Fujifilm's only IBIS enabled body in a tricky spot.

holashobby's gear list:holashobby's gear list
Panasonic LX10 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +3 more
Threaded Veteran Member • Posts: 3,326

holashobby wrote:

The release of the X-A7 have brought welcome improvements to the Fujifilm x series platform. I hear that some of these will trickle up to X-T3/30 models very soon. Are the any plans for a major firmware update for the X-H1?

I’m going to say no.  They haven’t identified what processor/platform is powering the XA7 (which is typical with the XA line) but either way I don’t think it will herald any new development of the third gen chips in the XH1.  All the developer attention in on the fourth gen XT3/XT30/X-Pro3 etc.

Threaded's gear list:Threaded's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
Samuraidog Contributing Member • Posts: 689

holashobby wrote:

The release of the X-A7 have brought welcome improvements to the Fujifilm x series platform. I hear that some of these will trickle up to X-T3/30 models very soon. Are the any plans for a major firmware update for the X-H1?

I feel like I think I know where you are going with this. I too wonder the same thing. If we knew there was an update coming, it would make it easy for us to decide whether to grab the X-H1 deal before it is gone.

Pure speculation, but I doubt there is any update coming for the X-H1. I've got the X-T2 and I'd love to have IBIS. I'm holding out for the X-H2.

Samuraidog's gear list:Samuraidog's gear list
Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm X-E2S Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +9 more
Doug Pardee
Doug Pardee Veteran Member • Posts: 9,897

No inside knowledge, but I'd bet against any further significant updates to the old 2-core code (used prior to the X-T3). The firmware team is probably knee-deep in the new 4-core code for the X Processor 4.

-- hide signature --

Co-founder of the open-source LightZone Project: http://lightzoneproject.org/

Doug Pardee's gear list:Doug Pardee's gear list
Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Olympus Stylus 1030 SW Canon EOS 350D +13 more
Marco Cinnirella
Marco Cinnirella Veteran Member • Posts: 7,843

Unlikely. I know Kaizen etc but apparently the X-H1 AF can not be updated to X-T3 standards because of a less powerful processor (so the rumor goes). They might issue minor tweaks to IBIS, lens compatibility etc but I'm not holding my breath for game-changer magnitude firmware upgrades

-- hide signature --

https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcoc/
"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." Ansel Adams.

Marco Cinnirella's gear list:Marco Cinnirella's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a99 II Sony Alpha a99 Fujifilm X-H1
Lukedriftwood Regular Member • Posts: 225

X-H1 will receive a "moderate" firmware update, X-T3/X-T30/GFX100 will receive more "major" ones.

More info at Fujifilm X Summit.

TwoMetreBill Senior Member • Posts: 1,806

Unless there's hidden hardware in the X-H1 (highly unlikely) only minor upgrades are possible.

-- hide signature --

Bill

TwoMetreBill's gear list:TwoMetreBill's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads