This month with your Nikon 1 - September 2019

Started Sep 2, 2019 | Discussions
holgerlinke Regular Member • Posts: 456
This month with your Nikon 1 - September 2019

Welcome to another monthly thread! Feel free to share your work either here or through individual threads on the forum, whatever you are more comfortable with.

The rules are simple:

• Add your contribution by responding to this first message in this topic.
  • Change the subject of your message, then embed your image into the reply with whatever you’d like to say about it.
  • If you want criticism/critique (C&C) or technique feedback, say so. It’s generally assumed that you want general feedback, but direct requests make it clearer.

The title of the thread shouldn't discourage you from posting older pictures. Feel free to post anything that you found again in your archives or that you are currently working on.

Link to previous threads:

2019: Aug - July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2018: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2017: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May- April - March - Feb

Cheers,
Holger

holgerlinke's gear list:holgerlinke's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 Sony a7R II Nikon Z7 +19 more
iserp Forum Member • Posts: 54
Suede at Paredes de Coura 2019

I was pretty close to the stage, but to one side. I was getting too slow shutter speeds with my 30-110 for closeups, so I switched to the 18.5 to get a more general picture. This one is a crop from the original photo. I really like the mood of it.

Adzor Contributing Member • Posts: 519
His and hers perch - on a warm tiled roof

Do you see what I see?

Adzor's gear list:Adzor's gear list
Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 +12 more
Re: Suede at Paredes de Coura 2019

Great shot Iserp.

Cheers,

Wu Jiaqiu
Wu Jiaqiu Forum Pro • Posts: 29,102
Quack

-- hide signature --

"My chances of being PM are about as good as the chances of finding Elvis on Mars, or my being reincarnated as an olive."

Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D2Xs Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
Sangster Senior Member • Posts: 1,358
Last breath

...of summer. Went for a bike ride yesterday evening with the V1 in a fanny pack. There were people everywhere all savoring the last bit of summer. Here are a few.

-- hide signature --

"No matter how elegant the subject, an image requires something more than a literal recording of that scene. It needs a moment a gesture or light or color to add that third dimension and make it memorable." - Annie Griffiths

Sangster's gear list:Sangster's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 +1 more
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 3,290
Re: Last breath

lovely shots - i particularly like the first two.

the second is that classic shot with the sharp delineations of the hill outlines - something i havent yet managed to capture myself

richard

(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 3,290
Re: Suede at Paredes de Coura 2019

very atmospheric and works really well in b&w

richard

rube39 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,462
Crow

-- hide signature --

Rube

Sangster Senior Member • Posts: 1,358

rich_cx139 wrote:

lovely shots - i particularly like the first two.

the second is that classic shot with the sharp delineations of the hill outlines - something i havent yet managed to capture myself

richard

Thanks rich_cx139. When the light is good I try to get out because dark grey winters are a certainty here. I went back last Thursday and redid the last location at twilight as I finish my ride.

-- hide signature --

"No matter how elegant the subject, an image requires something more than a literal recording of that scene. It needs a moment a gesture or light or color to add that third dimension and make it memorable." - Annie Griffiths

Sangster's gear list:Sangster's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 +1 more
harry Veteran Member • Posts: 3,415
Re: This month with your Nikon 1 - September 2019

Recently bought a used mint condition Kenko Teleplus 300 Pro 1.4X, trying to extend my AF-P 70-300mm at the long end. Too bad it doesn’t autofocus with the AF-P. Desperate a bit, I tested the 1.4X TC with my other “old lenses” (70-300mm AF-S, 50mm F1.8D, etc.), none would AF. The last lens I tried was the 18-70mm AF (non-VR) that came with my D50 ancient years ago. Surprise, the AF worked!

So I mounted FT-1 on my V2, adding the 1.4X TC, then the 18-70mm, captured my favorite hummingbird in the backyard with this setup. I think I am falling love again with the 18-70mm.

-- hide signature --

HLL7575

harry's gear list:harry's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW110 Nikon Coolpix A1000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 J5 +8 more
jch2103B Contributing Member • Posts: 699
Late season dragonflies

Halloween Pennant dragonfly

Autumn Meadowhawk dragonfly

Band-winged Meadowhawk dragonfly

All taken with V3, 70-300 CX and 16mm extension tube.

jch2103B's gear list:jch2103B's gear list
Nikon 1 V3 Nikon Z6 Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 +4 more
dave
dave Senior Member • Posts: 1,497
Longleat annual Balloon Festival

Longleat in Wiltshire is the home of Lord Bath. In order to maintain the family home, where they have lived for over 400 years, the current Lord Bath's father created the first wild life Safari park in the UK. Over the last 50 years this has developed into one of the most successful visitor attractions in the UK.

Every year the estate hosts a three day balloon festival where around 150 balloons launch at sunrise. This year the weather was perfect and we rose at dawn on Friday and Saturday for a 5 minute drive to the launch site.

Here are a few images that capture the feel of the event in its historic Capability Brown setting.
Dave

Re: Longleat annual Balloon Festival

Spectacular spectacle.

Cheers,

TClair
TClair Veteran Member • Posts: 4,628
Roses and Rain Drops

harry Veteran Member • Posts: 3,415

Colorful fruits

-- hide signature --

HLL7575

harry's gear list:harry's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW110 Nikon Coolpix A1000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 J5 +8 more
Tord S Eriksson
Tord S Eriksson Forum Pro • Posts: 16,829

Sangster wrote:

...of summer. Went for a bike ride yesterday evening with the V1 in a fanny pack. There were people everywhere all savoring the last bit of summer. Here are a few.

A lovely mix of images, showing how well shots taken with a 1" can be, helped by a good photographer!

-- hide signature --

tordseriksson (at) gmail.....
Owner of 1 Olympus, 1 Ricoh, and a handful of Nikon, cameras.

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Ricoh GR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon D3300 +24 more
Tord S Eriksson

harry wrote:

Recently bought a used mint condition Kenko Teleplus 300 Pro 1.4X, trying to extend my AF-P 70-300mm at the long end. Too bad it doesn’t autofocus with the AF-P. Desperate a bit, I tested the 1.4X TC with my other “old lenses” (70-300mm AF-S, 50mm F1.8D, etc.), none would AF. The last lens I tried was the 18-70mm AF (non-VR) that came with my D50 ancient years ago. Surprise, the AF worked!

So I mounted FT-1 on my V2, adding the 1.4X TC, then the 18-70mm, captured my favorite hummingbird in the backyard with this setup. I think I am falling love again with the 18-70mm.

It is the same experience for me, some works, some don't. Your 18-70 definitely does!

-- hide signature --

Tord S Eriksson
Re: Roses and Rain Drops

TClair wrote:

Superb shot. Autumn in the air, and soon all the flowers fall off!

-- hide signature --

Cubits Regular Member • Posts: 174

harry wrote:

Colorful fruits

That is some great colour variation! It's like a cartoon.

Is this where Trix comes from?!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads