Pentax X-5 photographer was one of the winner

Started Aug 24, 2019 | Discussions
Nhelnhel Senior Member • Posts: 1,490
Pentax X-5 photographer was one of the winner

Pentax X-5 photographer was one of the winner of 2019 Australian Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year.

Nhelnhel's gear list:Nhelnhel's gear list
Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM +3 more
Pentax X-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
robbo d Veteran Member • Posts: 3,120
Re: Pentax X-5 photographer was one of the winner

Just goes to show, the best camera to have is the one with you at the time.....

For all the to and fro discussions on this forum a prestigious award given to someone who nailed a great image with a humble bridge camera.

Leandros S Senior Member • Posts: 2,165

Nhelnhel wrote:

Pentax X-5 photographer was one of the winner of 2019 Australian Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year.

I both do and don't want to make this comment - that doesn't quite look like a 28mm image, so I'm guessing they're displaying the actual focal length, not its full frame equivalent in this case?

-- hide signature --

Loving aperture rings, focus throw and distance scales.

miles green
miles green Veteran Member • Posts: 7,657

Leandros S wrote:

Nhelnhel wrote:

Pentax X-5 photographer was one of the winner of 2019 Australian Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year.

I both do and don't want to make this comment - that doesn't quite look like a 28mm image, so I'm guessing they're displaying the actual focal length, not its full frame equivalent in this case?

I guess so:

On the 1/2.3"-type sensor, 28.3mm is about 156mm.

Unless my morning coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

-- hide signature --

Miles Green
Pentaxian since 1997!
Corfu, Greece
N.B. All my images are protected by Copyright

miles green's gear list:miles green's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads