Summer in Zion with the Nikon D850 & 14-24 (Images)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Lihkin
Lihkin Senior Member • Posts: 2,713
Summer in Zion with the Nikon D850 & 14-24 (Images)

Hi all,

I managed to visit Zion for a few days and did the hike to the Subway. I also finally got to hike The Narrows during summer. I was afraid of the crowds - hence took the first shuttle at 6 AM. Even then, I was surprised seeing the lines for the first shuttle on a weekday (about 60% of the crowd couldn't get on the first shuttle). Anyway, I hiked up The Narrows on two days (with a day apart the hikes) and it was fabulous. I was always under the illusion that the best light would be during early to late morning, but I found the afternoon light to be gorgeous in certain sections of the canyon. I couldn't make it all the way to Big Springs as the water levels were higher than chest level in certain areas and I didn't want to swim with my gear (even though I had a dry bag). Here are some shots from my hikes. Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

-- hide signature --
 Lihkin's gear list:Lihkin's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
freewill New Member • Posts: 18
Re: Summer in Zion with the Nikon D850 & 14-24 (Images)

Sweet images!  Zion is stunning!

Mackiesback
Mackiesback Senior Member • Posts: 6,877

Very Nice!

Mackiesback's gear list:Mackiesback's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Nikon D50 Nikon D100 Nikon Df Nikon Z6 +17 more
Lihkin
OP Lihkin Senior Member • Posts: 2,713

freewill wrote:

Sweet images! Zion is stunning!

Thanks much. Zion really is stunning. I try and come here twice a year.

Cheers,

-- hide signature --
 Lihkin's gear list:Lihkin's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
Michael Gebauer Contributing Member • Posts: 616

Congratulations, these are great images

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads