Daido Moriyama - How I Take Photographs

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
telemach Contributing Member • Posts: 581
GRIII review

Old Ricoh User wrote:

schmuck who apparently knows nothing

same with this

https://www.thephoblographer.com/2019/08/21/review-ricoh-gr-iii-an-almost-perfect-street-photography-camera/

I can't even find words to describe how bad it is

-- hide signature --

GR, GH2, GX7, F717, HX100V proud owner
looking for adapter to use filters on HX1 or HX100V/HX200V ???
send me a message

rube39 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,324
Re: Daido Moriyama - How I Take Photographs

Park Avenue Airwolf wrote:

Not everyone here knows a lot of facts about Daido, I don't claim to. So why not give us a summary of what you found to be inaccurate?

I know all kinds of stuff about Daido,having lived and shot in Japan for 35 years.

But so what?? Isn't it the shots that count???

-- hide signature --

Rube

Park Avenue Airwolf Regular Member • Posts: 291

rube39 wrote:

Not everyone here knows a lot of facts about Daido, I don't claim to. So why not give us a summary of what you found to be inaccurate?

I know all kinds of stuff about Daido,having lived and shot in Japan for 35 years.

I don't know why you'd post this. Do I appear to suggest otherwise? I am replying to someone who is complaining about a poorly reviewed book on this photographer, specifically citing inaccuracies.

Given that many of us may not know much of the deep history, it would behoove that person to at least put forth some of the examples. How you took my reply to that to mean that facts about Daido matter more than his work is beyond me.

rube39 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,324

Airwolf:

You claimed not to know much about Daido. My reply meant to indicate that knowing a lot or a little was basically irrelevant. Look at the work and then decide for yourself, based on that work.Who cares if he is from Osaka like me or Shinjuku where the whores hang out?

-- hide signature --

Rube

MikePennPhoto
OP MikePennPhoto Senior Member • Posts: 1,538

rube39 wrote:

This book isn't about photos

Park Avenue Airwolf Regular Member • Posts: 291

rube39 wrote:

Airwolf:

You claimed not to know much about Daido. My reply meant to indicate that knowing a lot or a little was basically irrelevant. Look at the work and then decide for yourself, based on that work.Who cares if he is from Osaka like me or Shinjuku where the whores hang out?

you aren’t getting it. I’m not claiming that knowing about him matters or doesn’t matter. I’m flailing that if you (OP) want to crit a review and then ask the Ricoh crowd for an assist it may behoove you to tell us what the review got wrong vs simply assuming we will know.

Please direct future comments on this to the OP not me.

Tungsten Nordstein
Tungsten Nordstein Senior Member • Posts: 1,915

Great comment. That will teach him a thing or two. You forgot to insult him though. Like calling him idiot, unobservant, nothing to say, guessing, uncreative, gearhead. Oh wait – you called him a schmuck here, instead.

This arrogant review is what's wrong with the internet in general. You have this

Arrogant? This would be funny if it wasn't so ironic.

Everything that's wrong with the internet? No Mike, this is everything that is wrong with you. The whole internet cannot be wrong. Or do you really mean the whole world?

schmuck who apparently knows nothing about Moriyama, his books, his methods or even street photography.

Get over it. As they say. It's not as if he's writing for national newspaper.

I encourage you to leave a comment under his article so complete BS pieces like this are no longer published. Opinion is one thing but lack of accuracy and facts is something completely different. Photography has taken it on the chin these past 8 years and it's time to right the ship.

I'm guessing (again) and hoping that its not going to be you captaining the ship, in this case. Not that there is a case.

Anyway, I left a comment effectively signing your comment for you on the blog and called him an idiot on your behalf. No need to hide under the anonymity of the 'streetshooter' alias when you have so much to tell everyone. No need to thank me either.

Signed:

Simon Lucas. (Idiot, uniformed, unobservant, nothing to say, uncreative, wrong, faux-tographer, gear-owning, can't-even-take-a-real-photograph, Ricoh forum member. And part-time moron.)

-- hide signature --

'I don't take photographs, I delete them.'
Tungsten Nordstein, 2909

Tungsten Nordstein's gear list:Tungsten Nordstein's gear list
Ricoh Caplio GX100 Ricoh GR Digital Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma dp2 Quattro Ricoh GR II +6 more
MikePennPhoto

Tungsten Nordstein wrote:

Great comment. That will teach him a thing or two. You forgot to insult him though. Like calling him idiot, unobservant, nothing to say, guessing, uncreative, gearhead. Oh wait – you called him a schmuck here, instead.

This arrogant review is what's wrong with the internet in general. You have this

Everything that's wrong with the internet? No Mike, this is everything that is wrong with you. The whole internet cannot be wrong. Or do you really mean the whole world?

schmuck who apparently knows nothing about Moriyama, his books, his methods or even street photography.

Get over it. As they say. It's not as if he's writing for national newspaper.

I encourage you to leave a comment under his article so complete BS pieces like this are no longer published. Opinion is one thing but lack of accuracy and facts is something completely different. Photography has taken it on the chin these past 8 years and it's time to right the ship.

I'm guessing (again) and hoping that its not going to be you captaining the ship, in this case. Not that there is a case.

Anyway, I left a comment effectively signing your comment for you on the blog and called him an idiot on your behalf. No need to hide under the anonymity of the 'streetshooter' alias when you have so much to tell everyone. No need to thank me either.

Signed:

Simon Lucas. (Idiot, uniformed, unobservant, nothing to say, uncreative, wrong, faux-tographer, gear-owning, can't-even-take-a-real-photograph, Ricoh forum member. And part-time moron.)

And the point of this post was to make yourself feel better ?

(unknown member) Regular Member • Posts: 219

The internet is a platform that can be utilised to promote bad blood between individuals. For those who criticised Hollywood and his antics vs his detractors you guys seem to be falling into the same trap

MikePennPhoto

Ants Mani wrote:

The internet is a platform that can be utilised to promote bad blood between individuals. For those who criticised Hollywood and his antics vs his detractors you guys seem to be falling into the same trap

I have never seen so many people with their panties in a bunch and turn their crappy responses away for them book review with its many false claims and whining. As always there are too many people looking for ways to be offended. Maybe most of you need another layer of....

A interesting forum has a sense of community sadly there is none here thus it becomes a platform of conflict. Who  should shoulder the blame ....easy everyone who posts here

MikePennPhoto

Ants Mani wrote:

A interesting forum has a sense of community sadly there is none here thus it becomes a platform of conflict. Who should shoulder the blame ....easy everyone who posts here

No, what is ironic is that I didn't make one comment on anyone in this thread who didn't come after me first such as 2ndact scene1 and Tungsten Nordstein who seems to have too many hours at the pub today.

First, second, thirty fourth same result

MikePennPhoto

Ants Mani wrote:

First, second, thirty fourth same result

My ignore list just keeps getting larger.

At least you get to respond to your own posts in anger and we can post peacefully  for no reason as you will not be there to read them

MikePennPhoto

Ants Mani wrote:

At least you get to respond to your own posts in anger and we can post for no reason as you will not be there to read them

I post out of observation, not anger.

Old Ricoh User wrote:

Ants Mani wrote:

At least you get to respond to your own posts in anger and we can post for no reason as you will not be there to read them

No your posts Re full of anger and disappointment

MikePennPhoto

Ants Mani wrote:

Old Ricoh User wrote:

Ants Mani wrote:

This were the typical forum arrogance comes rushing in. You are actually telling me when I'm angry. That doesn't sound incredibly stupid to you ?

Old Ricoh User wrote:

Ants Mani wrote:

Old Ricoh User wrote:

Ants Mani wrote:

This were the typical forum arrogance comes rushing in. You are actually telling me when I'm angry. That doesn't sound incredibly stupid to you ?

I shall leave you to wallow in your self pity which is a shame as you used to produce some great photography

MikePennPhoto

Ants Mani wrote:

Old Ricoh User wrote:

Ants Mani wrote:

Old Ricoh User wrote:

Ants Mani wrote:

I shall leave you to wallow in your self pity which is a shame as you used to produce some great photography

And now it's self pity?  I think it's time you trade in your magic 8-ball for a dictionary.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads