Adobe not downloading.

Started 2 months ago | Questions
Edmund-D Junior Member • Posts: 33
Adobe not downloading.

Whenever I attempt to download Creative cloud or any other adobe app it doesn't work. Download the installer is easy then when I open it I sign in and this message appears.

Enabling java on crome does nothing and changing browsers does nothing.

If anyone could help with this problem it would be much appreciated.

Edmund

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Tony French Regular Member • Posts: 204
Re: Adobe not downloading.

I don't know what browser you are using but the obvious answer is to try another browser.

Tony French's gear list:Tony French's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +2 more
OP Edmund-D Junior Member • Posts: 33

Tony French wrote:

I don't know what browser you are using but the obvious answer is to try another browser.

I was using Google chrome to start with then I tried Internet explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Edmund

sygnus21
sygnus21 Senior Member • Posts: 1,647

Could also mean the servers were down. It happens sometimes.

For my downloads I use Microsoft's Edge browser and never had an issue downloading anything from Adobe.

That said, what browser are you using???

-- hide signature --

I was once asked if I were embarrassed for asking so many questions. Well, I replied, only a man who has nothing to learn should be embarrassed.

sygnus21 wrote:

Could also mean the servers were down. It happens sometimes. For my downloads I use Microsoft's Edge browser and never had an issue downloading anything from Adobe.

That said, what browser are you using???

I have tried every day for the last week on Google chrome, Edge and internet explorer with the same results every day.

Edmund

sygnus21

Edmund-D wrote:

Whenever I attempt to download Creative cloud or any other adobe app it doesn't work. Download the installer is easy then when I open it I sign in and this message appears.

Uh, that doesn't look like an Adobe sign in page to me. That's the okta portal to your school account. I use it all the time. Here's Adobe

-- hide signature --

I was once asked if I were embarrassed for asking so many questions. Well, I replied, only a man who has nothing to learn should be embarrassed.

sygnus21 wrote:

Uh, that's not an Adobe sign in page there. That's the okta portal to your school account. I know because I use it all the time. Here's Adobe

Yes after opening the adobe set up file that page opens I proceed to log in and then the Okta message pops up. I was trying to get past this but don't know how?

Edmund

Is this your own computer or a work computer, if the latter, admin may be locking this out. Just a thought.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +2 more
sygnus21

Edmund-D wrote:

Yes after opening the adobe set up file that page opens I proceed to log in and then the Okta message pops up. I was trying to get past this but don't know how?

Just to be clear what OS are you using? Also where are you downloading the Adobe file from?

And Toney has a good point about PC ownership. So what's your answer to his question? And yes, if the PC belongs to an organization you may have to go through them.

-- hide signature --

I have never heard of Okta but a google search finds the below answer. You need to talk to the administrator.

What is the use of Okta? With Okta, IT can manage any employee's access to any application or device. Okta runs in the cloud, on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform, which integrates deeply with on-premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.13 Mar 2019

sygnus21

Tony French wrote:

I have never heard of Okta but a google search finds the below answer. You need to talk to the administrator.

What is the use of Okta? With Okta, IT can manage any employee's access to any application or device. Okta runs in the cloud, on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform, which integrates deeply with on-premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.13 Mar 2019

Yep, and I use it to access my school...

Saint Leo University Okta sign-in page.

BTW if you go here https://www.okta.com/login/ and type in Adobe's name, it'll take you to Adobe's log in page...

Okta.com master sign-in page

Adobe's Octa sign in (for corporate authentication)….

Adobe's okta sign-in page.

So it appears Adobe is also using Okta; however it seems to be for "corporate" use as I couldn't sign in with my normal Adobe account credentials. I get "sign in failed!"

With that, unless the OP has a corporate account, there's no reason to be signing in through Okta. How and why the OP is getting that page is a mystery. And why I asked where the downloaded file he's using came from???

Anyway the OP's best bet is to go here, https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html, and login. That bypasses the okta side of the house and just takes you to the normal sign in page where you can then download the items you want.

-- hide signature --

Tony French wrote:

Is this your own computer or a work computer, if the latter, admin may be locking this out. Just a thought.

This is my personal laptop so I don't think an admin is locking me out.

Edmund

sygnus21 wrote:

Edmund-D wrote:

Just to be clear what OS are you using? Also where are you downloading the Adobe file from?

And Toney has a good point about PC ownership. So what's your answer to his question? And yes, if the PC belongs to an organization you may have to go through them.

It is my personal laptop running windows 10. I acquired this license by buying one from the IT department which isn't used as they normally have some leftover after buying lots at the start of the term. Upon emailing them they told me that they had just sold it to me and so refused to help.

Edmund

Tony French wrote:

The IT department has refused to help with any problems as it is not there responsibility. but this makes me think that it may be their problem after all. Thank you for that definition.

Edmund

Edmund-D wrote:

The IT department has refused to help with any problems as it is not there responsibility. but this makes me think that it may be their problem after all. Thank you for that definition.

Edmund

The sledgehammer approach would be to reinstall a fresh version windows. That will need a bit of careful planning making sure that you can obtain the necessary drivers for your laptop. You would normally get these from the manufacturers website. but to be fair, microsoft does a pretty good job of providing drivers.

sygnus21

Tony French wrote:

The sledgehammer approach would be to reinstall a fresh version windows.

Sledgehammer approach indeed. First off the OP seems to be ignoring the suggestion to get the file directly from Adobe so that raises questions.

Secondly this is of a curious nature - "I acquired this license by buying one from the IT department".  I'm 99.9 percent sure the "IT department" is not on Adobe's authorized vendor list. Additionally, this is also why the app is trying to log into the corporate side of Adobe, instead of the consumer side.

So yeah, reinstalling the OS is a sledgehammer approach because it won't solve the issue of an unauthorized piece of software.  At this point (based on what the OP is telling us) the only way to solve this is through the source he bought the software from... the IT department. However, It sounds like someone in the IT department sold something they shouldn't have sold and are now refusing the give the OP the credential they need to install said software.

My two cents.

-- hide signature --

sygnus21 wrote:

Tony French wrote:

The sledgehammer approach would be to reinstall a fresh version windows.

Sledgehammer approach indeed. First off the OP seems to be ignoring the suggestion to get the file directly from Adobe so that raises questions.

Secondly this is of a curious nature - "I acquired this license by buying one from the IT department". I'm 99.9 percent sure the "IT department" is not on Adobe's authorized vendor list. Additionally, this is also why the app is trying to log into the corporate side of Adobe, instead of the consumer side.

So yeah, reinstalling the OS is a sledgehammer approach because it won't solve the issue of an unauthorized piece of software. At this point (based on what the OP is telling us) the only way to solve this is through the source he bought the software from... the IT department. However, It sounds like someone in the IT department sold something they shouldn't have sold and are now refusing the give the OP the credential they need to install said software.

My two cents.

You say that this will not solve the unauthorised piece of software but that is exactly what a fresh install will do. Clean windows install only the software the OP wants.

My tupence hapenny

sygnus21

Tony French wrote:

You say that this will not solve the unauthorised piece of software but that is exactly what a fresh install will do. Clean windows install only the software the OP wants.

How in the world will a clean install of Windows allow an unauthorized (stolen) piece of software to install???

If the software is unauthorized and the servers won't accept the program, a "clean install of Windows" isn't going to change the server's mind. Sorry, but you appear to have no idea how these things work.

-- hide signature --

sygnus21 wrote:

Tony French wrote:

How in the world will a clean install of Windows allow an unauthorized (stolen) piece of software to install???

If the software is unauthorized and the servers won't accept the program, a "clean install of Windows" isn't going to change the server's mind. Sorry, but you appear to have no idea how these things work.

A clean install will have the effect of removing the software off the OP's computer. Even a blind person can see that. (no disrespect to blind people )

I am not getting into an arguement with you. You are wrong.

sygnus21

You're clearly being obtuse and argumentative. And clearly have no idea how these things work. And anyone with a basic understanding of software activation knows this.

Oh, and the OP can't uninstall what he can't install.

And yes, arguing with you is a waste of time. And your self rep speaks volumes.

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads