Ugly Duckling

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Macromeds
Macromeds Veteran Member • Posts: 3,771
Ugly Duckling

I didn’t know what to make of it at first, is this the front or rear … or deceptive in survival, eat the tail before the head?

It becomes apparent … it’s the rear all right, of a not very attractive caterpillar resting out of the sun and wind.

At least, by the look of it, I wouldn’t eat it. Not without someone else testing it first. An unusual creature for sure.

Actually, it does grow on me. It is pretty in a way, an alien life-form sort of way. I wasn’t game to taste it though.

And here is its face coming into view, tucked into its middle. Mother probably loves her, mother Earth for sure.

DNSJR Senior Member • Posts: 2,412
Re: Ugly Duckling

excellent series as usual Mark; yes ugly, but important, a wonderful part of nature

DNSJR's gear list:DNSJR's gear list
Nikon D7100 Sony a6300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro +9 more
filmluvr
filmluvr Veteran Member • Posts: 3,777

Beautiful shots!

Jack

filmluvr's gear list:filmluvr's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM +8 more
stevendillonphoto Contributing Member • Posts: 848

Nice details and colors.  I like the 3rd one the best.

-- hide signature --

Steven Dillon - Capturing Nature's Art - http://www.stevendillonphoto.com

Macromeds
OP Macromeds Veteran Member • Posts: 3,771

DNSJR wrote:

excellent series as usual Mark; yes ugly, but important, a wonderful part of nature

Thanks D... Everything has its place. Ugly is an unfortunate personalisation that allows for indifference to and exploitation of nature.

Macromeds

filmluvr wrote:

Beautiful shots!

Jack

Thanks Jack.

Macromeds

stevendillonphoto wrote:

Nice details and colors. I like the 3rd one the best.

Thanks Steven. I prefer the second and fourth myself.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads