Curious to know if I got a good deal. D850

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
ericaphoto New Member • Posts: 3
Curious to know if I got a good deal. D850

Hello everyone,

So I've never purchased used before and was just curious to see what you guys thought.

I got a D850 with 4500 shutter accusations. The previous owner had it for about 8 months and decided to switch to mirrorless.

He also threw in 3 XQD cards (2 120gb and a 64gb) along with a Sony XQD card reader, a flashpoint zoom r2 ttl flash and 3 extra Nikon batteries.

Total was $2,200.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Alex Ethridge
Alex Ethridge Veteran Member • Posts: 4,151
Re: Curious to know if I got a good deal. D850
 Alex Ethridge's gear list:Alex Ethridge's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Nikon D800E Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic GH5 +15 more
Nikon33 Senior Member • Posts: 1,512

ericaphoto wrote:

Hello everyone,

So I've never purchased used before and was just curious to see what you guys thought.

I got a D850 with 4500 shutter accusations. The previous owner had it for about 8 months and decided to switch to mirrorless.

He also threw in 3 XQD cards (2 120gb and a 64gb) along with a Sony XQD card reader, a flashpoint zoom r2 ttl flash and 3 extra Nikon batteries.

Total was $2,200.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Is it a USA model?

Nikon33's gear list:Nikon33's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ3 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D810 +7 more
Cato1040
Cato1040 Senior Member • Posts: 2,951

A generalization (but it depends on the product) for me when buying used is to pay under 70% of the retail price including tax. A better deal is under 60%. A great deal is under 50%. Your price is around 70% (depending on tax in your area) but it also came with expensive extras so I'd say it's a pretty good deal.

Cato1040's gear list:Cato1040's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Fujifilm X100T Panasonic LX10 Sony a6000 Sony a7 III +21 more
OP ericaphoto New Member • Posts: 3

Yes it's a USA model

OP ericaphoto New Member • Posts: 3

Good to know! I'll keep that in mind for the future as well. Thanks so much

mostlyboringphotog Veteran Member • Posts: 8,901

ericaphoto wrote:

Good to know! I'll keep that in mind for the future as well. Thanks so much

If I may add, imho, it will depend on how many shots you take with this camera and how many keepers you get.

Good luck.

mostlyboringphotog's gear list:mostlyboringphotog's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Pentax 645Z Nikon 1 J5
Wingsfan
Wingsfan Regular Member • Posts: 261

I agree with the above poster, if you use it and you get shots you like, then it was definitely worth it.

Wingsfan's gear list:Wingsfan's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Nikon Coolpix 4100 Canon PowerShot S95 Olympus XZ-1 Nikon Coolpix S9100 +17 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads