Editing tool for Fuji video files

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Russell_doubleL Junior Member • Posts: 29
Editing tool for Fuji video files

I record video in MOV format via my Fujifilm X-T30, importing them to iCloud Photo. However, I cannot do any basic editing like trim in the Photo app. I can kick off  the iMovie app and import the video in it, edit it and export it. But it requires a few extra steps.

Any one have some tips about how to edit it? Most of the time, I just want to cut the disturbing frames from the video.

miroshi Contributing Member • Posts: 521
Re: Editing tool for Fuji video files

When I used Windows there was an app Xvid4PSP , do not be fooled by the name, this app supported (at least last time I used) all modern AV codecs and lot of filters - there was crop, resize, etc.

But first thing you do, IMO is to change container to mkv, then you can get MkvTollNix and separate or add new streams.

-- hide signature --

"It isn’t the camera that makes the pictures great, it’s you." - Dan Bailey
phototravels-bg.com

miroshi's gear list:miroshi's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +3 more
Greybeard2017
Greybeard2017 Contributing Member • Posts: 810

Russell_doubleL wrote:

I record video in MOV format via my Fujifilm X-T30, importing them to iCloud Photo. However, I cannot do any basic editing like trim in the Photo app. I can kick off the iMovie app and import the video in it, edit it and export it. But it requires a few extra steps.

Any one have some tips about how to edit it? Most of the time, I just want to cut the disturbing frames from the video.

Which platform?

LumaFusion gives you a lot of flexibility on an iPad.

Greybeard2017's gear list:Greybeard2017's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30
OP Russell_doubleL Junior Member • Posts: 29

MacOS

TangoMan Senior Member • Posts: 1,645

Are you ready to spend some time (many hours) watching a tutorial and learning to use a tool?

If yes, Davinci resolve is free and could do what you want real quick and easy... once you start knowing your way around. It's like using the full version of photoshop to crop images. Overkill, but it works and when you want to do more, you already have the tools.

Then, to make your video way more compact while still keeping a very acceptable quality, you should use handbrake (Resolve is very bad at exporting mp4 : the quality is atrocious). So I export high quality video out of resolve (a huge file) and then convert it efficiently with handbrake ( very small file). There's some more learning involved..., but I could give you some "preset" that works well if you start using it.

But then again, maybe you're better off with a very simple editing application. "Youcut" is popular on Android. Easy to learn. There are good ones for apple too.

EDIT: I think i misread your question. When I read "I can't edit..." I though it was because you didn't have the tools. I guess it's easy to find a tutorial on imovie and do it from there. Good luck.

myphotographic
myphotographic Regular Member • Posts: 104

Avidemux is an open source, multiplatform easy to use editor ideal for just trimming out sections of videos.

http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

-- hide signature --

Paul

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads