Removing Glare from Glasses?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Skiddosaur New Member • Posts: 1
Removing Glare from Glasses?

Is there a way to remove the glare from this photo or is it a loss? I didn't take my glasses off while taking this photo and I've been trying to remove the glare in Photoshop for a good hour or two now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

splashy
splashy Veteran Member • Posts: 3,127
Re: Removing Glare from Glasses?
 splashy's gear list:splashy's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony FE 50mm F1.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +2 more
Patsy Murphy Veteran Member • Posts: 3,184

Skiddosaur wrote:

Is there a way to remove the glare from this photo or is it a loss? I didn't take my glasses off while taking this photo and I've been trying to remove the glare in Photoshop for a good hour or two now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The glare in the main has been created by a softbox thus creating straight edges, which are hard to get rid of. Regards the lady you could repair her eye without the softbox glare and then make a copy of it and replace the other eye but only with the pupil and iris. It will give you a far better chance of a good result.

Regards Patsym

knickerhawk Veteran Member • Posts: 6,372

Skiddosaur wrote:

To get rid of the color cast and recover some of the detail, on a duplicate layer I used apply image to replace the green and blue channels with the red channel. Masked in just the eyes so that the blue ring and badge weren't affected by the change. Then did some basic cloning to fill in any other missing detail.

SRetouch New Member • Posts: 1

Hope it's ok! x

OffshoreCP
OffshoreCP Junior Member • Posts: 36

From my trying. Think you will be satisfied with this.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads