Diver finds SD card containing man's last moments

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
lbuclk= Veteran Member • Posts: 4,278
Diver finds SD card containing man's last moments

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2019/08/17/georgia-man-last-moments-treasure-hunter-youtube-sd-card-vpx.wsb

-- hide signature --

28+ years as a freelancer,(news,magazine, wedding photography) camera equip. over the years: Practica MLT, Canon A1, Minolta 9xi, 7xi, Dimage Z1,Fuji 5200,Canon S2,Pentax K100D,Olympus 380,Canon SX 10, Canon 40D ( http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v104/Buckl/ )

lbuclk='s gear list:lbuclk='s gear list
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 600D +11 more
ZX11
ZX11 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,840
No to entertainment

This sounds like they published what was on the SD card.  Assuming that they did publish it, since I won't look at clickbait from CNN which they hope will go viral,...

From Charlie Chaplin to snuf films on CNN.  Why would they publish video of someone dying?  Exciting story of conflict?  Sprucing up a dull segment like they do with nature films by having an exciting death scene?

I'd rather mow the lawn than watch that.  I'd rather the challenge of creating an exciting video of a, naturally boring to watch, mower.  Make it exciting without resorting to having a "watch this live garder snake get hit with the blades" scene in it to draw viewers.

If the SD card was not published, ignore this post 

-- hide signature --

"Very funny, Scotty! Now beam me down my clothes."
"He's dead, Jim! You grab his tri-corder. I'll get his wallet."

ZX11's gear list:ZX11's gear list
Canon EOS 700D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
alpineguy Forum Member • Posts: 55
Re: No to entertainment

zx11,

Perhaps you should watch the video before being too critical. Yes, the title does seem a bit misleading. But it clearly is not a snuff film. The parents of the young man express how glad they are to have the video. What is shown in the clip is simply a group of young men having a good time swimming. No horrendous death is shown.

alpineguy's gear list:alpineguy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 80D
ZX11
ZX11 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,840
Re: No to entertainment

alpineguy wrote:

zx11,

Perhaps you should watch the video before being too critical. Yes, the title does seem a bit misleading. But it clearly is not a snuff film. The parents of the young man express how glad they are to have the video. What is shown in the clip is simply a group of young men having a good time swimming. No horrendous death is shown.

Thanks.  You can ignore the post. I posted that it could be ignored if the video was not about the man's last moments but was instead about young men swimming.

The problem with seeing a video to see if someone is on it in their last moments, is that you see the person's last moments.  I'm old enough to have learned that I don't need to see that.

-- hide signature --

"Very funny, Scotty! Now beam me down my clothes."
"He's dead, Jim! You grab his tri-corder. I'll get his wallet."

ZX11's gear list:ZX11's gear list
Canon EOS 700D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads