a77ii 4D FOCUS Camera Settings Guide - available in print?

Started 2 months ago | Questions
Jnull91 New Member • Posts: 4
a77ii 4D FOCUS Camera Settings Guide - available in print?

The Guide is available and all, and I can read it on my iPad, but I would really like a printed copy.  Sony unfortunately did the guide with white text on black background, which makes it hard to read.  I printed it. The photos are fine, the text is awful. Can this be purchased?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
toughluck Veteran Member • Posts: 3,387
Re: a77ii 4D FOCUS Camera Settings Guide - available in print?

Did you print it white on black? That would be quite a waste of ink/toner.

Did you try printing it in negative? Sure, the pictures are not as useful, but the text is.

There are some more involved conversions possible, so if you have a PDF file, I could try converting it for you.

toughluck's gear list:toughluck's gear list
Sony a99 II Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony 35mm F1.4 G Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* +5 more
sybersitizen Forum Pro • Posts: 13,827

toughluck wrote:

Did you print it white on black? That would be quite a waste of ink/toner.

Did you try printing it in negative? Sure, the pictures are not as useful, but the text is.

There are some more involved conversions possible, so if you have a PDF file, I could try converting it for you.

You can obtain the PDF here.

OP Jnull91 New Member • Posts: 4

Yes, I have the .pdf.   Thanks

woodturner Regular Member • Posts: 185

I made a DIY cut down PDF that fits the essentials on two to a page of landscape A4 paper for travel use.

I can send to you if you contact me.

cheers,

Eric

Black text on white paper.

woodturner's gear list:woodturner's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX10 Sony SLT-A57 Sony a77 II Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro +7 more
sybersitizen Forum Pro • Posts: 13,827

Jnull91 wrote:

Yes, I have the .pdf. Thanks

I know you do. I was replying to toughluck, who said he could try converting the PDF if you have the file. Seemingly he was not aware that 1) you have it, and 2) he can obtain the file himself.

Marco Cinnirella
Marco Cinnirella Veteran Member • Posts: 7,736

tbh the guide is useful to know what the menu options should do, but in practice I have found that nothing beats actual experimentation 'in the field', and sometimes I have found that the appropriate settings have ended up being (somewhat counter-intuitively and frustratingly) the opposite of what that 4D AF guide suggests - at least, those are my findings on my a99ii which is supposed to share the same AF module more or less, as the a77ii.

-- hide signature --

https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcoc/
"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." Ansel Adams.

Marco Cinnirella's gear list:Marco Cinnirella's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a99 II Sony Alpha a99 Fujifilm X-H1
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 43,564

Marco Cinnirella wrote:

tbh the guide is useful to know what the menu options should do, but in practice I have found that nothing beats actual experimentation 'in the field', and sometimes I have found that the appropriate settings have ended up being (somewhat counter-intuitively and frustratingly) the opposite of what that 4D AF guide suggests - at least, those are my findings on my a99ii which is supposed to share the same AF module more or less, as the a77ii.

That could be because the setting that determines how quickly the AF switches from one subject to another (1-5) is opposite between the 2 cameras. With the A77ii 1 is most “sticky”  while with the A99ii 5 is.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads