Kathleen Up to Her Shoulders in Wild Flowers

Started 2 months ago | Photos
larryj Forum Pro • Posts: 10,853
Kathleen Up to Her Shoulders in Wild Flowers

The wild flowers were everywhere and some very tall: Witness Kathleen a few steps off the road and deep in flowers. It was amazing and rainbow of colors!  Taken with the SD1 Merrill and the 18-35 mm Art lens.

Enjoy!

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
larryj
If you can see the light, you can photograph it
Quote from Myron Woods

larryj's gear list:larryj's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art +1 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Sigma SD1 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Lin Evans
Lin Evans Forum Pro • Posts: 17,640
Re: Kathleen Up to Her Shoulders in Wild Flowers

larryj wrote:

The wild flowers were everywhere and some very tall: Witness Kathleen a few steps off the road and deep in flowers. It was amazing and rainbow of colors! Taken with the SD1 Merrill and the 18-35 mm Art lens.

Enjoy!

Hi Larry,

Something happened with this image which isn't right. There is extreme CA in the upper right as well as along the ridge line, etc. That's not typical for either the lens or the SD1 so I'm not certain what happened. Look carefully at the periphery... Really strange.. it's almost as if an incorrect lens profile was somehow selected and no CA correction was applied?

Best regards,

Lin

Scottelly
Scottelly Forum Pro • Posts: 13,641

Lin Evans wrote:

larryj wrote:

The wild flowers were everywhere and some very tall: Witness Kathleen a few steps off the road and deep in flowers. It was amazing and rainbow of colors! Taken with the SD1 Merrill and the 18-35 mm Art lens.

Enjoy!

Hi Larry,

Something happened with this image which isn't right. There is extreme CA in the upper right as well as along the ridge line, etc. That's not typical for either the lens or the SD1 so I'm not certain what happened. Look carefully at the periphery... Really strange.. it's almost as if an incorrect lens profile was somehow selected and no CA correction was applied?

Best regards,

Lin

Do you see the green and magenta color blotching in those distant evergreens on the right Lin? I'm guessing there was some sort of processing glitch or something like that.

-- hide signature --

Scott Barton Kennelly
https://www.bigprintphotos.com/

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sigma SD1 Merrill Nikon D810 Sigma sd Quattro H Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +20 more
Lin Evans

Scottelly wrote:

Lin Evans wrote:

larryj wrote:

Enjoy!

Hi Larry,

Best regards,

Lin

Do you see the green and magenta color blotching in those distant evergreens on the right Lin? I'm guessing there was some sort of processing glitch or something like that.

Hi Scott,

Yes, that's part of the CA I was mentioning. Even along the ridgeline of the mountain, there is strong green CA and it's even visible in the clouds. Something's not right. Both on the right in the trees and even on the left there is way more blotching and CA than expected with this very good combination. I don't know enough about current versions of Sigma software to know whether there are lens profiles available, but in many software programs you can choose and it almost appears as if a wrong profile had been applied here.

Best regards,

Lin

OP larryj Forum Pro • Posts: 10,853

Lin Evans wrote:

larryj wrote:

Enjoy!

Hi Larry,

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks for the comments Lin, there are issues with this image.  I tried to bring back the clouds in a very bright sky (lot of clipped whites) and really over processed the image to a fault.  If i process the file again I think I will crop most of the sky out of the image, since it is a shot Kathleen shooting in the mist of lots of wild flowers

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
larryj
If you can see the light, you can photograph it
Quote from Myron Woods

larryj's gear list:larryj's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art +1 more
Lin Evans

Hi Larry,

Check your messages...

Best regards,

Lin

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads