This month with your Nikon 1 - August 2019

Started Aug 1, 2019 | Discussions
Tord S Eriksson
Tord S Eriksson Forum Pro • Posts: 14,793
Re: This month with your Nikon 1 - August 2019

Adzor wrote:

Yes, Santiago. It was a clearer day than normal. Unfortunately the moon was too high to include mountain peaks.

Not bad, not bad at all, as it is! Can't get everything in one shot, can you!

-- hide signature --

tordseriksson (at) gmail.....
Owner of 1 Olympus, 1 Ricoh, and a handful of Nikon, cameras.

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Ricoh GR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon D3300 +23 more
rich_cx139 Senior Member • Posts: 1,682
Re: Butterflies Buddleia

Tord S Eriksson wrote:

rich_cx139 wrote:

Planted Buddleia 7 years ago with the hope of attractive Butterflies and polinators. This is the first year I have noticed any in any numbers.

In the garden when sun came out ( very briefly - as usual ) and 20-30 appeared so managed to get a few shots in before they flew off.

Will try again - if the sun returns any time soon- see if I can reduce shutter and iso and use <f8 to get better DoF. The only shots that worked to any degree were ones ( like these ) where there was enough of the butterfly in the plane of focus.

I suppose I could try getting nearer of course...

Admirals and Painted Ladies! Not bad!

Gave our big buddleia, that have thrived in a big pot on the balcony for a couple of years, to my sister before going on vacation, but it sure is a plant that is fantastic in attracting butterflies!

Sadly its the changing of the season and the butterflies have gone as have most of the Buddleia flowers.  It's essentially a weed isn't it ? -grows rampant here both in gardens and any crevice it finds in old masonary.

Last random shots of a Peacock butterfly etc

Tord S Eriksson
Tord S Eriksson Forum Pro • Posts: 14,793

rich_cx139 wrote:

Tord S Eriksson wrote:

rich_cx139 wrote:

Planted Buddleia 7 years ago with the hope of attractive Butterflies and polinators. This is the first year I have noticed any in any numbers.

In the garden when sun came out ( very briefly - as usual ) and 20-30 appeared so managed to get a few shots in before they flew off.

Will try again - if the sun returns any time soon- see if I can reduce shutter and iso and use <f8 to get better DoF. The only shots that worked to any degree were ones ( like these ) where there was enough of the butterfly in the plane of focus.

I suppose I could try getting nearer of course...

Admirals and Painted Ladies! Not bad!

Gave our big buddleia, that have thrived in a big pot on the balcony for a couple of years, to my sister before going on vacation, but it sure is a plant that is fantastic in attracting butterflies!

Sadly its the changing of the season and the butterflies have gone as have most of the Buddleia flowers. It's essentially a weed isn't it ? -grows rampant here both in gardens and any crevice it finds in old masonary.

Last random shots of a Peacock butterfly etc

Even more delightful!

-- hide signature --

tordseriksson (at) gmail.....
Owner of 1 Olympus, 1 Ricoh, and a handful of Nikon, cameras.

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Ricoh GR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon D3300 +23 more
rich_cx139 Senior Member • Posts: 1,682

thanks Tord

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads