Godox Cross platform trigger and receiver question

Started Jul 28, 2019 | Discussions
TonyLee123 New Member • Posts: 1
Godox Cross platform trigger and receiver question

Hello everyone~!

I have a question. I’ve been a Nikon shooter  and in transition to Sony. Therefore, I own about 6 Nikon flashes.

My question is If I put a Godox XPro-s transmitter on my Sony A7RIII and the A6500 and I wish to......

1.I put the Nikon SB-900 flash onto the Godox. X1R-N

2.I wish to trigger the AD200Pro simultaneously

3.I wish to trigger Godox V1-s flash

Will this setup trigger my Nikon flashes along with all other flashes by my Sony Camera?Thank you.

Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
kli
kli Veteran Member • Posts: 3,591
Re: Godox Cross platform trigger and receiver question

TonyLee123 wrote:

Hello everyone~!

I have a question. I’ve been a Nikon shooter and in transition to Sony. Therefore, I own about 6 Nikon flashes.

My question is If I put a Godox XPro-s transmitter on my Sony A7RIII and the A6500 and I wish to......

1.I put the Nikon SB-900 flash onto the Godox. X1R-N

2.I wish to trigger the AD200Pro simultaneously

3.I wish to trigger Godox V1-s flash

Will this setup trigger my Nikon flashes along with all other flashes by my Sony Camera?Thank you.

You can trigger all three lights, but the X1R-N doesn't offer cross-brand TTL/HSS/remote power support. When used cross-brand it'll become manual-only.  The only add-on triggers that do the cross-brand TTL thing would be the Cactus V6II.

You should have full TTL/HSS/remote power support over the V1-S and AD200 Pro.  It may make sense, if you are selling off your Nikon gear, to sell the SB-900 and use the money towards an additional Godox speedlight with a built-in transceiver (e.g., TT600, V850II, TT685, V860II, or V1).

kli's gear list:kli's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +12 more
tugwilson Senior Member • Posts: 2,474

kli wrote:

You should have full TTL/HSS/remote power support over the V1-S and AD200 Pro. It may make sense, if you are selling off your Nikon gear, to sell the SB-900 and use the money towards an additional Godox speedlight with a built-in transceiver (e.g., TT600, V850II, TT685, V860II, or V1).

Just to echo this advice. Sell your Nikon branded strobes and buy Godox if you are moving from Nikon to Sony. It will cost you very little money (you might even make a small profit) and it will save you a ton of hassle.

Gato Amarillo Veteran Member • Posts: 6,873

tugwilson wrote:

kli wrote:

You should have full TTL/HSS/remote power support over the V1-S and AD200 Pro. It may make sense, if you are selling off your Nikon gear, to sell the SB-900 and use the money towards an additional Godox speedlight with a built-in transceiver (e.g., TT600, V850II, TT685, V860II, or V1).

Just to echo this advice. Sell your Nikon branded strobes and buy Godox if you are moving from Nikon to Sony. It will cost you very little money (you might even make a small profit) and it will save you a ton of hassle.

I'll go farther and say even if you want to keep Nikon cameras and your Nikon flash, buy a Godox hotshoe flash anyhow. They're cheap enough and you'll have full compatibility.

Gato

BJBBJB Regular Member • Posts: 111

I understand this thread is dated but pretty close to my question.  I have a Godox V1 for Nikon and a Godox V1 for Fujifilm. They both work great with their cameras.  My question is can the Nikon V1 trigger the Fujji V1 and vice versa?

Thanks,

BJBBJB

kli
kli Veteran Member • Posts: 3,591

BJBBJB wrote:

I understand this thread is dated but pretty close to my question. I have a Godox V1 for Nikon and a Godox V1 for Fujifilm. They both work great with their cameras. My question is can the Nikon V1 trigger the Fuji V1 and vice versa?

I don't have a V1, but AFAIK, yes, that should work.

My TT685 can switch "brand modes" as a off-camera receiver, depending on which XPro transmitter I used with it:

TT685-C, in L. to R. Canon, Fuji, and micro 4/3 (Olympus) modes.

kli's gear list:kli's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +12 more
BJBBJB Regular Member • Posts: 111

@kli,

Thanks!

BJBBJB

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads