How much would you willing to pay for em1x?

Started 3 months ago | Polls
Minolta_A2 Junior Member • Posts: 32
How much would you willing to pay for em1x?

I am in the potential market for em1x once the price goes down. How about you?

Thank you!

p.s. This is just for fun so please don't take it seriously.

Minolta_A2's gear list:Minolta_A2's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus E-PL9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Leica Nocticron 42.5mm Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +4 more
POLL
I already own it.
10.4% 14  votes
$3000 is fine, I will buy it soon.
3.0% 4  votes
$2500
3.0% 4  votes
$2000
11.9% 16  votes
$1500 or lower
14.2% 19  votes
I am not interested.
57.5% 77  votes
  Show results
daleeight Senior Member • Posts: 2,291
Re: How much would you willing to pay for em1x?

So, the E-M1X offers something that you need, yet you don't need it bad enough until they care to give it to you, right?

-- hide signature --

Dale

daleeight's gear list:daleeight's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +7 more
gary0319
gary0319 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,274

It would seem that the question is not what someone else would pay, but rather what would you, as the OP pay?

What was your vote??

gary0319's gear list:gary0319's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +8 more
Smaug01
Smaug01 Senior Member • Posts: 2,742

gary0319 wrote:

It would seem that the question is not what someone else would pay, but rather what would you, as the OP pay?

What was your vote??

My take was that he was asking what's a fair price for a used one.

-- hide signature --

-Jeremy
"Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength."

Smaug01's gear list:Smaug01's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS30 Olympus OM-D E-M10 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +16 more
OP Minolta_A2 Junior Member • Posts: 32

gary0319 wrote:

What was your vote??

Seeing em1 mark ii goes down from $2000 to $1200(or so when they had trade up bonus recently), I wish to see em1x at somewhere around $2000. I don't mind waiting with em1 mark ii until then.

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus E-PL9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Leica Nocticron 42.5mm Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +4 more

daleeight wrote:

So, the E-M1X offers something that you need, yet you don't need it bad enough until they care to give it to you, right?

If you change "need" to "want", that would be more accurate.

gary0319

Minolta_A2 wrote:

gary0319 wrote:

What was your vote??

Seeing em1 mark ii goes down from $2000 to $1200(or so when they had trade up bonus recently), I wish to see em1x at somewhere around $2000. I don't mind waiting with em1 mark ii until then.

Fair enough...

The trade up deal on the E-M1 II was launched about 30 months after the camera was introduced., so if that holds, the same kind of deal on the E-M1X should hit the dealers around 2 years from now (August 2021).

I am going to assume that the follow on to our E-M1 II will be out by then, so that might be my next purchase instead of the X (I like the smaller form factor of the Mark II). However, the upcoming E-M5III might make a piggy bank robbery necessary in the interim.

Panasonic LX100 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +8 more
Chumby
Chumby Regular Member • Posts: 389

On sale now for $3200AU ($2200US) - chepeast I have seen!  And that's with a 900r flash!

https://www.digidirect.com.au/cameras/olympus

Cheers

Chumby

Chumby's gear list:Chumby's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 +21 more
HRC2016 Senior Member • Posts: 4,492

Why do you think buying something will make you happy?

Use the money for travel or to learn something.

-- hide signature --

I believe in science, evolution and light. All opinions are my own. I'm not compensated for any of my posts. Can you honestly say that?

HRC2016's gear list:HRC2016's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +2 more

gary0319 wrote:

However, the upcoming E-M5III might make a piggy bank robbery necessary in the interim.

Now I can certainly agree with that.....

If it has a 5mp EVF for sure, although I don't need it, but hey, get up to date with others. If you aren't putting in a 24mp sensor, then at least up the MPs in the EVF and LCD...

-- hide signature --

Dale

Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +7 more

HRC2016 wrote:

In a lot of ways, $2000 on a trip to somewhere that has a lot of photo opportunities is money better spent. Or on a photo tour with a good guide/instructor.

-- hide signature --

Dale

gary0319 wrote:

Minolta_A2 wrote:

gary0319 wrote:

What was your vote??

Fair enough...

The trade up deal on the E-M1 II was launched about 30 months after the camera was introduced., so if that holds, the same kind of deal on the E-M1X should hit the dealers around 2 years from now (August 2021).

I am going to assume that the follow on to our E-M1 II will be out by then, so that might be my next purchase instead of the X (I like the smaller form factor of the Mark II). However, the upcoming E-M5III might make a piggy bank robbery necessary in the interim.

This is exactly what I'm thinking as well.
I know it took more than 2 years for em1 mark2 to reach that price($1200) so I expect the same or longer time for em1x to be on the same proportion of discount. Then, I thought about em1 mark3 as well(assuming you meant iii not ii). It would be interesting to find out what em1 mark3 might have that em1x does not. Better sensor, better viewfinder, etc? Also, what em1x features that em1 mark3 might NOT have? I assume the price would be similar between the two then it would be an interesting choice.

Also, I'm eyeing on em5 mark3 as well. Depending on the features, I might be okay with it.

James Pilcher Veteran Member • Posts: 9,898
$2500 USD, but...

Minolta_A2 wrote:

Thank you!

I was about to spring for the E-M1X at $2500 until I found locally a “used” E-M1.2 for $950 in truly like-new condition. It was an Olympus refurb with firmware 1.0 and out-of-the box newness even with a peel-off LCD protective plastic film. I was almost willing to pay the difference between $1500 and $2500, but not between $950 and $2500.

Jim Pilcher
Summit County, Colorado, USA
Living above life in the Rocky Mountains

James Pilcher's gear list:James Pilcher's gear list
Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Fujifilm X70 Olympus PEN-F +10 more
James Pilcher Veteran Member • Posts: 9,898
Why so negative? (n/t)

daleeight wrote:

Jim Pilcher

James Pilcher's gear list:James Pilcher's gear list
Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Fujifilm X70 Olympus PEN-F +10 more
Gnine Regular Member • Posts: 381

HRC2016 wrote:

Why do you think spending money on travel, or learning something will make you happy?

gary0319
Re: $2500 USD, but...

James Pilcher wrote:

Minolta_A2 wrote:

Thank you!

I was about to spring for the E-M1X at $2500 until I found locally a “used” E-M1.2 for $950 in truly like-new condition. It was an Olympus refurb with firmware 1.0 and out-of-the box newness even with a peel-off LCD protective plastic film. I was almost willing to pay the difference between $1500 and $2500, but not between $950 and $2500.

Jim Pilcher

When my dealer let it out that there was a new model coming that I might like, and it was not to be a replacement for my E-M1 II, I too was thinking in the $2500 range. But, then the E-M1 X came out and I wasn’t keen on the vertical grip, so I passed. Then the 3.0 firmware upgrade came out for my E-M1 II,  and I actually got the camera I would have paid $2500 for........ for free.

Now there’s some customer appreciation!

geoson Contributing Member • Posts: 992

I’m not the type of user I think they’re targeting with the X. Having said that, I finally got to see one at  B&H and I can see the appeal to those I think they are after.  As usual, it’s smaller and lighter than it appears in pictures, and you can make a smaller sports/wildlife package with comparable focal length lens than with a 35mm set up.

geoson's gear list:geoson's gear list
Samsung TL500 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +2 more
gary0319

geoson wrote:

I’m not the type of user I think they’re targeting with the X. Having said that, I finally got to see one at B&H and I can see the appeal to those I think they are after. As usual, it’s smaller and lighter than it appears in pictures, and you can make a smaller sports/wildlife package with comparable focal length lens than with a 35mm set up.

I’ll have to admit that when I got a chance to hands on and shoot with the E-M1X at our local rollout event, it seemed to get smaller and lighter the longer I had it in hand. Never got small enough to get my credit card out, but it was an eye opener.

geoson Contributing Member • Posts: 992

gary0319 wrote:

geoson wrote:

I’m not the type of user I think they’re targeting with the X. Having said that, I finally got to see one at B&H and I can see the appeal to those I think they are after. As usual, it’s smaller and lighter than it appears in pictures, and you can make a smaller sports/wildlife package with comparable focal length lens than with a 35mm set up.

I’ll have to admit that when I got a chance to hands on and shoot with the E-M1X at our local rollout event, it seemed to get smaller and lighter the longer I had it in hand. Never got small enough to get my credit card out, but it was an eye opener.

Remember the old saying “The camera adds 10 pounds?”  We should all remember that when we see a new camera in print or on a screen.

geoson's gear list:geoson's gear list
Samsung TL500 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +2 more
karlreed Senior Member • Posts: 2,023
Re: How much would you willing to pay for em1x? A$3200.80

If you are quick and in Oz, you can get one for a$3200.80.

Sale ends midnight tonight

https://www.digidirect.com.au/cameras/olympus-e-m1x-body-only

Karl

-- hide signature --

karl reed "let's change the tone-civility is in!"

karlreed's gear list:karlreed's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Nikon D200 Nikon D750 Olympus E-M1 II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads