[Test photos released] Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 Eight Element copy made in China

Started Jul 26, 2019 | Discussions
Kevinfinity-X New Member • Posts: 17
[Test photos released] Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 Eight Element copy made in China

Hey guys,

A few weeks ago, I heard someone in China started a project to remake the legendary Leica Summicron-M 35mm f2 first version, people also called it 8 element. Actually, it's been two years already since he started. It's not an easy project. Personally, I am very excited when I heard this news because I love classic Leica lenses. I have three Summicron 35mm f2 V1 in my collection. So I really want to compare the replica with my original Leica Summicron. Then I get in touch with the people who started this project. Unfortunately, I cannot get my hands on the prototype of the Summicron 35/2 replica since I am not living in China right now. But he is very kind to share some information about the project with me and send me some test shots taken with this lens. He wants me to share these photos here and to seek some real opinion. Please feel free to comment.

Here are the pictures taken with Leica monochrome + the Summicron 35/2 replica prototype at f/2 wide open.

I've been told that all the test photos were just slightly adjusted on Lightroom.

Enjoy the photos. And we are looking forward to your opinions.

Best regards,
Kevin

OP Kevinfinity-X New Member • Posts: 17
Re: [Test photos released] Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 Eight Element copy made in China

Here are the test shots on B&W film.

Lens: Leica Summicron 35mm f2 Eight Element Replica Prototype

Film: Kodak 400TX

Scanner: Imacon343

OP Kevinfinity-X New Member • Posts: 17
Re: [Test photos released] Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 Eight Element copy made in China

Here are some more sample shots on color film

Lens: Leica Summicron 35mm f2 Eight Element Replica Prototype

Film: Fujifilm RDP III

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads