LR Pano and HDR save location

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
jmw4 Contributing Member • Posts: 607
LR Pano and HDR save location

After choosing to create a panorama or HDR image in LR, Is there anyway to select a specific folder for the resulting DNG to be saved to?

Right now it just automatically saves it in the same folder as the files that I used to create the panorama or HDR.

-- hide signature --

Long Distance Hiker: AT, PCT, CTx2, TMB, TRT
Instagram: jared.m.weber

Dper2016 Regular Member • Posts: 158
Re: LR Pano and HDR save location

jmw4 wrote:

After choosing to create a panorama or HDR image in LR, Is there anyway to select a specific folder for the resulting DNG to be saved to?

No.

Right now it just automatically saves it in the same folder as the files that I used to create the panorama or HDR.

Only option is to 'Stack' the HDR/Pano with the merged photos.

You can keyword (eg. Pano, HDR, etc) to easily filter for merged photos. (My method to find 'merged' images). Currently you need to select and Drag&drop the merged file to another folder in the Folder panel.

Make an Idea/Request for this function at- Photoshop Lightroom Family

Ernie Misner
Ernie Misner Veteran Member • Posts: 5,185

I don't think they give you a save option at that point because no editing has been done yet.

-- hide signature --

Ernie Misner
http://www.flickr.com/photos/erniemisner/
"I bet we'll find hints of extraterrestrial life before 2030" - Jamie Shreeve, Popular Science

Ernie Misner's gear list:Ernie Misner's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +6 more
Johanfoto Veteran Member • Posts: 3,793

Ernie Misner wrote:

I don't think they give you a save option at that point because no editing has been done yet.

This has nothing to do with editing. A new file is created (the panorama or HDR DNG-file), but you do not get a choice where to save it. It will be saved in the same folder as the brackets.

-- hide signature --
richardplondon
richardplondon Forum Pro • Posts: 10,893

Johanfoto wrote:

Ernie Misner wrote:

This has nothing to do with editing. A new file is created (the panorama or HDR DNG-file), but you do not get a choice where to save it. It will be saved in the same folder as the brackets.

...and this is the same as when making an externally edited version, or a virtual copy.

Whatever folder filing scheme you are using, that makes sense for a given camera original photograph - naturally makes the exact same sense for any derivative versions of this photo.

The capture date (and/or subject matter, client, whatever) according to which the originals are filed, is equally applicable to the merged version - hence, the appropriate storage location for that, will be no different.

richardplondon's gear list:richardplondon's gear list
Panasonic LX10 Pentax K-5 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +7 more
Reilly Diefenbach
Reilly Diefenbach Forum Pro • Posts: 13,438

Add to target collection (Panoramas) ?

Reilly Diefenbach's gear list:Reilly Diefenbach's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850
dj_paige
dj_paige Senior Member • Posts: 1,660

jmw4 wrote:

In Lightroom, the idea of segregating photos into folders to somehow keep them distinct from the originals isn't necessary; the filters available in LR will find the photos for you.

-- hide signature --

Paige Miller

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads