Advice needed for a compact camera

Started 3 months ago | Questions
Barry Twycross Senior Member • Posts: 1,403
Re: Advice needed for a compact camera

Le Frog wrote:

Barry Twycross wrote:

Le Frog wrote:

If you can live without an EVF, the GXxxx have a smaller body but no manual controls,

No manual controls?

That's news to me, who shoots with a GX850 in manual 95% of the time.

I meant physical manual controls; on the GXxxx series I can see only a PASM wheel (ok, fair enough, there is also a recessed rotary wheel on the back).

What more would you like? There's enough physical controls to physically control the camera.

Barry Twycross's gear list:Barry Twycross's gear list
Panasonic GX850 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Leica Nocticron 42.5mm Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +3 more
Le Frog Regular Member • Posts: 496

Barry Twycross wrote:

Le Frog wrote:

Barry Twycross wrote:

Le Frog wrote:

If you can live without an EVF, the GXxxx have a smaller body but no manual controls,

No manual controls?

I meant physical manual controls; on the GXxxx series I can see only a PASM wheel (ok, fair enough, there is also a recessed rotary wheel on the back).

What more would you like? There's enough physical controls to physically control the camera.

Ideally, the manual controls of the LX100; at the very least a rotary/click wheel, as in the GM5. Also, at least during the summer, an EVF is a must.  Not to mention that, even if I could buy the argument that IBIS is tecnologically impossible (it is not; think of the PEN PM2), since we are talking about a 2019 camera, infinitesimal improvements over the GM5 (esp. in terms of sensor/processor) are simply not enough.

Le Frog's gear list:Le Frog's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S +6 more
Barry Twycross Senior Member • Posts: 1,403

Le Frog wrote:

Barry Twycross wrote:

Le Frog wrote:

Barry Twycross wrote:

Le Frog wrote:

No manual controls?

at the very least a rotary/click wheel,

It does.

an EVF is a must.

That's what I compromised on. (Not that that's a manual control.)

Barry Twycross's gear list:Barry Twycross's gear list
Panasonic GX850 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Leica Nocticron 42.5mm Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads