tilted I know!

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III +4 more
D Lynch Veteran Member • Posts: 4,176
Re: Rt 66

Great photos.

Great trip?

....little white corvette.... 

-- hide signature --

DaveL
Hazeltown

D Lynch's gear list:D Lynch's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 II Nikon D300S Sony a6000
Bill Borne
OP Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 40,035

D Lynch wrote:

Great photos.

Great trip?

....little white corvette....

Yup Trip is over! It was hectic, too hot

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III +4 more
Enders Shadow
Enders Shadow Senior Member • Posts: 2,554

Yes, legendary Route 66. And, some of us are old enough to remember the Route 66 TV show. (Never missed an episode)

18 years ago a friend and myself decided to do Route 66 on our motorcycles. Starting in Santa Monica, we wanted to see how much of the historic highway remained. Even then many sections were torn up and bypassed or in such bad shape to be undriveable. Many of the roadside attractions and businesses listed in our guidebook were closed or barely operational. We abandoned the trip after crossing into Oklahoma. Still, it was a fun ride and we met a bunch of interesting people.

Anyway, you took some nice pictures that triggered a few fond memories.

-- hide signature --

Phil

Enders Shadow's gear list:Enders Shadow's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Olympus Tough TG-3 Fujifilm X30 +22 more
Bill Borne

Enders Shadow wrote:

Yes, legendary Route 66. And, some of us are old enough to remember the Route 66 TV show. (Never missed an episode)

18 years ago a friend and myself decided to do Route 66 on our motorcycles. Starting in Santa Monica, we wanted to see how much of the historic highway remained. Even then many sections were torn up and bypassed or in such bad shape to be undriveable. Many of the roadside attractions and businesses listed in our guidebook were closed or barely operational. We abandoned the trip after crossing into Oklahoma. Still, it was a fun ride and we met a bunch of interesting people.

Anyway, you took some nice pictures that triggered a few fond memories.

Yes quite a few years ago I bought a set of route 66 maps to tour all parts that are still driveable but never got around to driving it. Over the years I have driven it here and there. I don't remember the show but am sure I'm old enough to!

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Harvey Rawn
Harvey Rawn Senior Member • Posts: 2,715

Bobby Troup

Route 66

-- hide signature --

Harvey
I stop for photo ops.

Harvey Rawn's gear list:Harvey Rawn's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Apple iPhone X
Mina J
Mina J Veteran Member • Posts: 3,580

Bill Borne wrote:

tilted I know!

Wonderful images Bill! Glad you're staying safe and sound. How many miles have you already driven on this trip?  Also liked your North Carolina shots.

Mina

-- hide signature --

"A photograph is a mirror that remembers"
By Blind Tom 1849-1908

Mina J's gear list:Mina J's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 IV Nikon D300 Nikon D750
Bill Borne

Harvey Rawn wrote:

Bobby Troup

Route 66

Too slow for me Harvey

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Bill Borne

Mina J wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

tilted I know!

Wonderful images Bill! Glad you're staying safe and sound. How many miles have you already driven on this trip? Also liked your North Carolina shots.

Mina

6 or 7 but I always look for places I never been before. I have been to almost every state in continental US and almost every National park. And quite a few state parks and there is still boundless places to see!

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

66GTO Veteran Member • Posts: 3,391

My Dad took our family from Chicago to California on 66 in the 50's. I have travelled it many times, and like the few sections that remain. It Deserves to be 66 in name and spirit.

-- hide signature --

Crazy old man! Slow down. You are way too old to be
hunting hemi's in that 66GTO.

66GTO's gear list:66GTO's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony RX100 +1 more
NorCal Jim
NorCal Jim Regular Member • Posts: 411

66GTO wrote:

My Dad took our family from Chicago to California on 66 in the 50's. I have travelled it many times, and like the few sections that remain. It Deserves to be 66 in name and spirit.

Our family also moved to California via Rt 66 in the 50's.

Jim

NorCal Jim's gear list:NorCal Jim's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX99 Olympus PEN E-P5 Sony a5100 Olympus E-M5 II +20 more
Bill Borne

66GTO wrote:

You bet it is!

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Bill Borne

NorCal Jim wrote:

66GTO wrote:

Jim

Good memories!

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

NorCal Jim
NorCal Jim Regular Member • Posts: 411

Bill Borne wrote:

NorCal Jim wrote:

66GTO wrote:

Jim

Good memories!

That's for sure!

NorCal Jim's gear list:NorCal Jim's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX99 Olympus PEN E-P5 Sony a5100 Olympus E-M5 II +20 more
Richard_CC Regular Member • Posts: 214

Had a trip in 1988, rented a Buick 2 door, drove through AZ towards the end of a big loop from SFO via many national parks including both sides of Grand Canyon and back to the coast at LA.  it was hard to find much evidence of Rt66 but when you did there were a few faded glory type diners and suchlike.  Didn't take as many pictures back then - Kodachrome 25 or 64 and every time you pressed the shutter it cost you: tried to limit myself to a 36 exposure roll a day.

Returned in 2012 on a similar trip, it felt like there was a full-on Rt66 gift shop led nostalgia industry in full swing, hard to tell the real from the pastiche.  Old signs restored and local "Historic Rt66" signage.  Lots of interest though.    Rented a Chevrolet SUV  - how times change - saw an Edsel and immediately understood why Ford almost went broke in 1960.  By then we were digital so every time you see something even vaguely worthy of capture you press the shutter.

I suspect its the fate of anywhere 'interesting'.  Just the same here in UK and Europe.  Can't blame people for wanting to go nor for wanting to make a living out of it.  Let's package it up and sell some of it .......

Bill Borne

Richard_CC wrote:

Had a trip in 1988, rented a Buick 2 door, drove through AZ towards the end of a big loop from SFO via many national parks including both sides of Grand Canyon and back to the coast at LA. it was hard to find much evidence of Rt66 but when you did there were a few faded glory type diners and suchlike. Didn't take as many pictures back then - Kodachrome 25 or 64 and every time you pressed the shutter it cost you: tried to limit myself to a 36 exposure roll a day.

Returned in 2012 on a similar trip, it felt like there was a full-on Rt66 gift shop led nostalgia industry in full swing, hard to tell the real from the pastiche. Old signs restored and local "Historic Rt66" signage. Lots of interest though. Rented a Chevrolet SUV - how times change - saw an Edsel and immediately understood why Ford almost went broke in 1960. By then we were digital so every time you see something even vaguely worthy of capture you press the shutter.

I suspect its the fate of anywhere 'interesting'. Just the same here in UK and Europe. Can't blame people for wanting to go nor for wanting to make a living out of it. Let's package it up and sell some of it .......

Exactly

Interesting read and nice pics

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Harvey Rawn
Since we're digging out old photos

here are my wife, Suz, and our dog, Flocke, in Hackberry, AZ in 2007.

-- hide signature --

Harvey
I stop for photo ops.

Bill Borne
Re: Since we're digging out old photos

Harvey Rawn wrote:

I bet he was never there!

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Harvey Rawn
Re: Since we're digging out old photos

Bill Borne wrote:

Harvey Rawn wrote:

I bet he was never there!

Flocke was a she and you'd be wrong.

-- hide signature --

Harvey
I stop for photo ops.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads