Fz 1000 ,constant preview,

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
jonno35 Regular Member • Posts: 329
Fz 1000 ,constant preview,

Hi, what I like about digital is you can see the effects that your exposure changes make in real time but, I find that I make an exposure setting and in constant preview it looks great, then I take the shot and it does'nt match the previewed.. exposure..What am I missing here, it's not very obvious in good lighting but in low light it is.Perhaps I'm expecting too much.  Thanks for any input.

jonno35's gear list:jonno35's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic FZ1000 +1 more
Nywrecker
Nywrecker Contributing Member • Posts: 646
Re: Fz 1000 ,constant preview,

jonno35 wrote:

Hi, what I like about digital is you can see the effects that your exposure changes make in real time but, I find that I make an exposure setting and in constant preview it looks great, then I take the shot and it does'nt match the previewed.. exposure..What am I missing here, it's not very obvious in good lighting but in low light it is.Perhaps I'm expecting too much. Thanks for any input.

Try adjusting the brightness on your LCD screen to see if can get closer to the actual image.

Also, you can enable the histogram to see in real time how balanced or not the brightness levels of the scene are.

One Armed Photographer
One Armed Photographer Forum Member • Posts: 99

I agree that the LCD brightness doesn't match the actual light in the scene you are photographing.

Dick

OP jonno35 Regular Member • Posts: 329

Playing with the LCD / Monitor brightness doesnt seem to help but I've found in Manual it is a bit better.With the LCD brightness I only have Auto plus 3 more sttings so I cant fine tune it .

jonno35's gear list:jonno35's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic FZ1000 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads