Collected rocks near here

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III +4 more
Evenstar606
Evenstar606 Senior Member • Posts: 2,857
Re: Arizona July 15 2019

Bill Borne wrote:

The Cacti look really cool. So do the donkeys playing peek a boo.

-- hide signature --

Courtney

Evenstar606's gear list:Evenstar606's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 Apple iPhone X
Ken Yull
Ken Yull Senior Member • Posts: 2,161

Hi Bill love your photos always enjoy them. But they do make the RX10 IV very tempting, I am trying hard to resist. Can I ask as I am not into variations of our four legged friends, are the standing animals horses or maybe Mules, or are they some wild bred variation.  I like their look of curiosity.

Thanks for sharing and posting.

-- hide signature --

Cheers. Ken.

Ken Yull's gear list:Ken Yull's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W1 Panasonic LX100 Panasonic FZ2500 Sony RX10 IV +2 more
Bill Borne
OP Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 39,996

Evenstar606 wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

The Cacti look really cool. So do the donkeys playing peek a boo.

Yeah I like to see wildlife.... And no cactuses here in NY

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III +4 more
Bill Borne

Ken Yull wrote:

Hi Bill love your photos always enjoy them.

Thanks

But they do make the RX10 IV very tempting, I am trying hard to resist.

I love he cam

Can I ask as I am not into variations of our four legged friends, are the standing animals horses or maybe Mules, or are they some wild bred variation. I like their look of curiosity.

Not sure but probably wild burros. When gold and silver miners gave up they world just release their burros

Thanks for sharing and posting.

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

abiquiuense
abiquiuense Senior Member • Posts: 3,997
+1

abiquiuense
There! On the withers . . .

. . . you'll find converging lines.  Besides helping you compose this wonderful shot, they also tell a story.  Jesus rode an animal similar to this one, and from that day forward, you'll find a "cross" on the back of donkeys.

I'm attaching a picture of a horse, in case you see one nearer your home.  Glad to see that you crossed the Missisisuuppii in one piece.

Oh no!  That's not a horse, and it's wet; euyweiuwy, whajjjj.

Here's a horse.

Later, Bill

David

Bill Borne
Re: There! On the withers . . .

abiquiuense wrote:

. . . you'll find converging lines. Besides helping you compose this wonderful shot, they also tell a story. Jesus rode an animal similar to this one, and from that day forward, you'll find a "cross" on the back of donkeys.

I'm attaching a picture of a horse, in case you see one nearer your home. Glad to see that you crossed the Missisisuuppii in one piece.

Oh no! That's not a horse, and it's wet; euyweiuwy, whajjjj.

Here's a horse.

Later, Bill

David

Cool, Thanks, David Lat shot looks like maybe has a tumor on his right side?

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

abiquiuense

Bill Borne wrote:

abiquiuense wrote:

. . . you'll find converging lines. Besides helping you compose this wonderful shot, they also tell a story. Jesus rode an animal similar to this one, and from that day forward, you'll find a "cross" on the back of donkeys.

I'm attaching a picture of a horse, in case you see one nearer your home. Glad to see that you crossed the Missisisuuppii in one piece.

Here's a horse.

Later, Bill

David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTO8_KNcuo

Thanks, Bill.  I've always wanted to say that.  My nephew (my Babe's nephew) Mike, is a First Grade teacher.  He is about 6'3", probably more, has to bend to walk through my house.  Long story; short.  Things deteriorated with a recalcitrant boy.  The boy hurled a shoe.  Mike took a step, slipped, fell, like a Ponderosa pine tree, that falls without making a sound in the wilderness.  Can you see all those tiny chairs and desks go airborne? What does he say after the story is told and retold?

Well, I never repeat myself.

Bill Borne

abiquiuense wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

abiquiuense wrote:

Here's a horse.

Later, Bill

David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTO8_KNcuo

Thanks, Bill. I've always wanted to say that. My nephew (my Babe's nephew) Mike, is a First Grade teacher. He is about 6'3", probably more, has to bend to walk through my house. Long story; short. Things deteriorated with a recalcitrant boy. The boy hurled a shoe. Mike took a step, slipped, fell, like a Ponderosa pine tree, that falls without making a sound in the wilderness. Can you see all those tiny chairs and desks go airborne? What does he say after the story is told and retold?

Well, I never repeat myself.

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

66GTO Veteran Member • Posts: 3,381

Arizona is a beautiful place, but weatherwise is much more user friendly in October!

-- hide signature --

Crazy old man! Slow down. You are way too old to be
hunting hemi's in that 66GTO.

66GTO's gear list:66GTO's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony RX100 +1 more
Bill Borne

66GTO wrote:

Arizona is a beautiful place, but weatherwise is much more user friendly in October!

Yup you are so right

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 43,180

After the other fantastic photos you've posted this is pretty bland. If this is typical of Arizona I'll pass.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +10 more
Bill Borne

tbcass wrote:

After the other fantastic photos you've posted this is pretty bland. If this is typical of Arizona I'll pass.

You do that, TomĀ 

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 43,180

Bill Borne wrote:

tbcass wrote:

You do that, Tom

Back in 1999 I spent 2 weeks in El Centro located in the Imperial Valley which was surrounded by a similar desert. I did a  lot of exploring and found it interesting. It satisfied my curiosity to the point that I could care less if I ever see a desert again.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +10 more
Bill Borne

tbcass wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

tbcass wrote:

You do that, Tom

Back in 1999 I spent 2 weeks in El Centro located in the Imperial Valley which was surrounded by a similar desert. I did a lot of exploring and found it interesting. It satisfied my curiosity to the point that I could care less if I ever see a desert again.

I never get tired of deserts etc

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

abiquiuense
&c

Bill Borne wrote:

tbcass wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

tbcass wrote:

You do that, Tom

Back in 1999 I spent 2 weeks in El Centro located in the Imperial Valley which was surrounded by a similar desert. I did a lot of exploring and found it interesting. It satisfied my curiosity to the point that I could care less if I ever see a desert again.

We all live in a yellow . . .

. . . well, we do, considering time travel where those yellow cliffs are under a sea, as mud.

Deserts are cool.

Bill Borne
Re: &c

abiquiuense wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

tbcass wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

tbcass wrote:

You do that, Tom

. . . well, we do, considering time travel where those yellow cliffs are under a sea, as mud.

Deserts are cool.

You can look at a forest but walk among the trees is inspiring. Same goes for deserts IMO? Just usually hotter.....

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

abiquiuense
Re: &c

Bill Borne wrote:

abiquiuense wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

tbcass wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

tbcass wrote:

You do that, Tom

Deserts are cool.

You can look at a forest but walk among the trees is inspiring. Same goes for deserts IMO? Just usually hotter.....

Bill:

I just want you to know that you may cut in on my conversations any time that you want to. Just wish my friend with the coffee cups would show up.

Plenty room for elbows where they can't remember their names.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSZXWdKSQNM

abiquiuense
Hope you don't mind.

"Ventura Highway."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnV7dTXlXxs

Eagle Who Keeps Ten Crows Fed, or,

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads