**Photo Challenge CIC 194 -- Summer **

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
sparkey2
sparkey2 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,874
For Traveller ..................

You suggested that I take up being a artist so in the meanwhile here I am working on my new craft, with a mouse rather than a brush.

Dave
Dave Veteran Member • Posts: 4,652
Re: For Traveller ..................

sparkey2 wrote:

You suggested that I take up being a artist so in the meanwhile here I am working on my new craft, with a mouse rather than a brush.

Very nice.  Imaging the flower from behind is innovative/artistic in itself.

Dave's gear list:Dave's gear list
Canon PowerShot S20 Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot G6 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon EOS 80D +7 more
Dave
Re: Sigh...Voting is So Insanely Easy...I'm Surprised...

Jim B (MSP) wrote:

Dave wrote:

I flew back from Europe to vote.

You are truly a committed voter

I have been told more than once that I should be committed.

Canon PowerShot S20 Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot G6 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon EOS 80D +7 more
Traveller Veteran Member • Posts: 5,853
Love it, Really, With a Caveat....

...I feel the eye is drawn too much to the upper right by the promenance of the sun....I think this would be fine without the sun at all, or maybe reduced 50~75%.

The subject is the sunflower and its petals...looking out into its landscape or its future...to distract from this is to defeat it's purpose.

I think...but...

You are the artist, these are your decisions and decisions to be respected.

Traveller

OP Jim B (MSP) Veteran Member • Posts: 9,864
Re: Love it, Really, ......

Traveller wrote:

...I feel the eye is drawn too much to the upper right by the promenance of the sun....I think this would be fine without the sun at all, or maybe reduced 50~75%.

The subject is the sunflower and its petals...looking out into its landscape or its future...to distract from this is to defeat it's purpose.

I think...but...

Traveller

Hmmm. This could be an interesting discussion. I see the sunflower looking to the sun as its source of energy and life. I see them as a pair.

That why the rear view works so well for me.

-- hide signature --

Jim
"It's all about the light"

Jim B (MSP)'s gear list:Jim B (MSP)'s gear list
Canon EOS 80D
Congratulations to our winners .....

to Traveller for his win in Eligible with The Beauty of a Redhead at Harvest Time

and to Dave for his win in Exhibition with Staying Cool.

And a thanks to our new members for their participation and contributions.

Traveller - the next challenge is all yours.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Canon EOS 80D
sparkey2
Re: Love it, Really, With a Caveat....

Jim B (MSP) wrote:

Traveller wrote:

I think...but...

Traveller

Hmmm. This could be an interesting discussion. I see the sunflower looking to the sun as its source of energy and life. I see them as a pair.

That why the rear view works so well for me.

Jim hit the nail on the head, exactly my thinking as this developed in front of me.  In this situation the sun is a complete fabrication in photoshop so I can go back in and shrink it a touch but then again it’s art and nothing is in exact proportions.

The reason I’ve shot this from behind is the wild sunflower is in a  natural pollination field  looking in the general direction of the sun and no way in hell was I wandering into 4 to 5 feet high natural grasses and weeds to capture it face to face. This angle drew me in even more than the possibility of a front view.

Shutter, I Feel a Disturbance in the Force of the Universe...

...as if, something is wrong, as if a thousand dying suns in Paul's back yard were screaming out....Traveller did NOT win....or, if he did, it was only through the evil machinations of some Dark Force....

Be that as it may....Here is your assignment Mr. Hunt (and others) should you chose to accept it, but if you are caught the Secretary will disavow any knowledge...etc, etc, etc

This is My Life

Interpret this as you will, this could be Dave's car, or Paul's hands or an artistic rendering of all the dying sun's in Paul's back yard...or Dave's very cool back yard...a macro shot of your mother's broach...or of yourself or a loved one.

This is your life.

Enjoy.

I'll get the galleries incorrectly set up as soon as reasonably possible...but you can start shooting...now, tonight....while you are in the shower?....lol

Be Good

Traveller

sparkey2
Re: Shutter, I Feel a Disturbance in the Force of the Universe...

Traveller wrote:

...as if, something is wrong, as if a thousand dying suns in Paul's back yard were screaming out....Traveller did NOT win....or, if he did, it was only through the evil machinations of some Dark Force....

Be that as it may....Here is your assignment Mr. Hunt (and others) should you chose to accept it, but if you are caught the Secretary will disavow any knowledge...etc, etc, etc

This is My Life

Interpret this as you will, this could be Dave's car, or Paul's hands or an artistic rendering of all the dying sun's in Paul's back yard...or Dave's very cool back yard...a macro shot of your mother's broach...or of yourself or a loved one.

This is your life.

Enjoy.

I'll get the galleries incorrectly set up as soon as reasonably possible...but you can start shooting...now, tonight....while you are in the shower?....lol

Be Good

Traveller

tricky devil you are !

Here is a link to the new gallery template. My gift to you.

https://pbase.com/edit_gallery/cichallenge/cic195

Traveller wrote:

Be that as it may....Here is your assignment ...

This is My Life

Interpret this as you will, ....

Traveller

Lots of possibilities to think about.

Hmmmm

-- hide signature --

Jim

Canon EOS 80D
Dave

Traveller wrote:

This is My Life

This is your life.

Enjoy.

Be Good

Traveller

A very cool event takes place tomorrow just beyond my backyard. Maybe something from it will do.  So many aspects to my life.  Some (mostly family) I keep private.  This should be a fun challenge.

Guys, I know I'm Running Slow but Promise to....

...have the galleries up over this weekend.

In the mean time...where are you? Intellectually, emotionally, physically....That's what you shoot, that's what you interpret.

Best Wishes, Traveller

sparkey2
Re: Guys, I know I'm Running Slow but Promise to....

Traveller wrote:

...have the galleries up over this weekend.

In the mean time...where are you? Intellectually, emotionally, physically....That's what you shoot, that's what you interpret.

Best Wishes, Traveller

It’s not like you’re getting fired or anything!

Traveller wrote:

Where am I now?

Hmmmmm.

Catching up with life with no time for photos.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Canon EOS 80D
Dave

Jim B (MSP) wrote:

Traveller wrote:

Where am I now?

Hmmmmm.

Catching up with life with no time for photos.

Gee, I'm just going out to shoot.  Always trying to enjoy life.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads