**Photo Challenge CIC 194 -- Summer **

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
aglake
aglake Regular Member • Posts: 244
Water Lily

After going through all of my vacation pictures, I moved on to a set of flower pictures and I realized that they were taken within the challenge period. So I really do have a picture that can go in the eligible category:

https://pbase.com/image/169619417

aglake's gear list:aglake's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 X Canon PowerShot ELPH 190 IS Canon EOS 80D Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 10-18mm F4.5–5.6 IS STM +3 more
OP Jim B (MSP) Veteran Member • Posts: 9,869
Re: Flower Photo

Dave wrote:

Your comment has merit, Jim. Unfortunately I am not in a position to make any changes. The most I can hope for is swapping with one of my images in Pending. I’m not sure I have the password to do so, however.

Dave - see a private message to you.

-- hide signature --

Jim
"It's all about the light"

Jim B (MSP)'s gear list:Jim B (MSP)'s gear list
Canon EOS 80D
Voting Starts tomorrow

The voting booth opens tomorrow.

Voting Begins: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 00:00 UTC

Voting Ends: Thursday, August 15, 2019 23:59 UTC

Last chance to get your photos in.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Canon EOS 80D
Traveller Veteran Member • Posts: 5,857
Late (or Early...lol) Entry/Dawn--Summer Morning
I have Straightened out my Entries...

...but I must say deleting some, throwing others into pending or even Exhibition is like tossing out one of your children...we become attached....lol

In any case, back to the top.

Traveller

The Voting Booth is Open

Voting will take place here: http://www.liteserv.com/cicvotebooth

Please join us.

Remember - no voting for yourself, and please do not "stack" the voting booth.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Canon EOS 80D
Re: I have Straightened out my Entries... and I am mad

Traveller wrote:

...but I must say deleting some, throwing others into pending or even Exhibition is like tossing out one of your children...we become attached....lol

In any case, back to the top.

Traveller

I am mad at you.   

You removed Marina, one of the best portraits you have ever done. She is a beautiful subject, and you captured her in such great light.

I would gladly produce a 8x10 for you of either just her, and/or with Pericles darkened but present -- if you promise to frame and hang her.

Stick the raw in dropbox and email me the link  (jimmsp AT aol.com)

-- hide signature --

Jim

Canon EOS 80D
Re: The Voting Booth is Open

Jim B (MSP) wrote:

Please join us.

Remember the rule:

The winning photo must be submitted by a photographer who has voted in that challenge

So please come and vote.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Canon EOS 80D
Let Me Talk to You about Your Fine Version...

....I mean it really is good...as noted, better than mine.

Or better put, it is like you made the second figure a doppelganger...either a ghost of her, or, her in the past with the main image in the future/present.

It is spooky good...but, to me, spooky....or maybe just a really great portrait realized as a genius visualization.

I don't actually know her...though I know the young lady in, "Maidenhead."

I would expect to see, though not photograph, the final performance of Pericles...I wish to just enjoy. Pericles is late Shakespeare and I found unusually good...different good, (maybe co-written with a barkeep)

I will see if I can run into her...and maybe make an offer of the image....but I am NOT pushy in these contexts or situations.

We will see. I'll let you know.

But thank you so much...but also a question, which version are you referring to, which one do you like best?

Traveller

Re: Let Me Talk to You about Your Fine Version...

Traveller wrote:

....I mean it really is good...as noted, better than mine.

Or better put, it is like you made the second figure a doppelganger...either a ghost of her, or, her in the past with the main image in the future/present.

It is spooky good...but, to me, spooky....or maybe just a really great portrait realized as a genius visualization.

I don't actually know her...though I know the young lady in, "Maidenhead."

I would expect to see, though not photograph, the final performance of Pericles...I wish to just enjoy. Pericles is late Shakespeare and I found unusually good...different good, (maybe co-written with a barkeep)

I will see if I can run into her...and maybe make an offer of the image....but I am NOT pushy in these contexts or situations.

We will see. I'll let you know.

But thank you so much...but also a question, which version are you referring to, which one do you like best?

Traveller

I would work from the original raw of https://pbase.com/cichallenge/image/169573381

I could produce a version like I did from the jpeg where I left the 2nd character in, though dark. But I would also like to try my hand at just a portrait of the first woman, without the 2nd one there at all. I normally don't do portraits, but she looks perfect for one. You captured her essence.  It will pretty much fall out of the first one.

And I like your description of a doppelganger or ghost produced by leaving the 2nd figure in, but just barely in. This could be fun.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Canon EOS 80D
sparkey2
sparkey2 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,875
I feel like i'm out in left field or something.

Personally (and I'm showing my level of intelligence here) I've never heard of a doppelganger so had to look it up. From my view they have similarities but not twins by any means. The one on the right looks to be about half naked tho. I'm just not cultured enough to understand what's going on.

Speaking on non cultured, we are going to the diner theater again in a few days. This is the final show of the season and it's "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat".  I've already got my mind made up that it's going to be terrible and I'll be bored all through it.  The dinner is always good tho.

Paul

sparkey2

Jim B (MSP) wrote:

Jim B (MSP) wrote:

Please join us.

Remember the rule:

The winning photo must be submitted by a photographer who has voted in that challenge

So please come and vote.

Some how, some way we have to get these new guys to feel comfortable in voting and commenting.  Not sure how tho.

aglake

Speaking as a new guy ... I did vote.  It was not completely clear how it worked but I made my best guess.  (Perhaps the unwritten FAQ might have helped, and no, I am not volunteering to write it!)

Canon PowerShot G5 X Canon PowerShot ELPH 190 IS Canon EOS 80D Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 10-18mm F4.5–5.6 IS STM +3 more
sparkey2

aglake wrote:

Speaking as a new guy ... I did vote. It was not completely clear how it worked but I made my best guess. (Perhaps the unwritten FAQ might have helped, and no, I am not volunteering to write it!)

Mr. New Guy, (no offense intended with the title BTW). The writer in the group is Traveller. He just has a way with words. Me not so much, I have a way with the galleries instead. But it is important for everyone to vote.

Paul

aglake wrote:

Speaking as a new guy ... I did vote. It was not completely clear how it worked but I made my best guess. (Perhaps the unwritten FAQ might have helped, and no, I am not volunteering to write it!)

Thanks for voting.  Your votes in Eligible registered.

But you have not voted in Exhibition yet.

Go back to the voting booth, and just above the line of photos on the far left is a link to the Exhibition Gallery. You vote there just like you voted in Eligible.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Canon EOS 80D
Re: I feel like i'm out in left field or something.

sparkey2 wrote:

Personally (and I'm showing my level of intelligence here) I've never heard of a doppelganger so had to look it up. From my view they have similarities but not twins by any means. The one on the right looks to be about half naked tho. I'm just not cultured enough to understand what's going on.

Quit underestimating yourself. I like the definition on Wikopedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppelg%C3%A4nger

Speaking on non cultured, we are going to the diner theater again in a few days. This is the final show of the season and it's "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat". I've already got my mind made up that it's going to be terrible and I'll be bored all through it. The dinner is always good tho.

I've seen dinner theater presentations of the same play. The music can be quite enjoyable if it is done right. You'll have fun.

Paul

-- hide signature --

Jim

Canon EOS 80D
Sigh...Voting is So Insanely Easy...I'm Surprised...

....people aren't just walking in off the street to vote...have some fun...voice an opinion...Who doesn't have an opinion on how my worthless my work is?...;>}}

Gads, have some fast fun...better than Love!

Go

http://www.liteserv.com/cicvotebooth/

Choose Eligible or Exhibition

http://www.liteserv.com/cicvotebooth/index.php?mode=View%20Category&category=cic194_summer::cic194_eligible

http://www.liteserv.com/cicvotebooth/index.php?mode=View%20Category&category=cic194_summer::cic194_exhibition

Give yourself a user name on the right...anything you might like...it need not be your posting name....it can be M or 1 or Bbb, whatever...is just fine. If you don't have any entries...also just pick something something simple.

Give yourself a pass code...1 or x or anything you want

Scroll on down...there is a box on the left after each image...Vote for this Picture

Do this 5 times,

But!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must then scroll back up and check the box on the right saying these are your votes...

Then press submit and you....are Satisfied....lol

Best Wishes, Traveller

aglake
And don't forget

to vote in both categories.  (I didn't and had to be reminded!)

Dave
Dave Veteran Member • Posts: 4,661
Re: Sigh...Voting is So Insanely Easy...I'm Surprised...

I flew back from Europe to vote.

Dave's gear list:Dave's gear list
Canon PowerShot S20 Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot G6 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon EOS 80D +7 more
Re: Sigh...Voting is So Insanely Easy...I'm Surprised...

Dave wrote:

I flew back from Europe to vote.

You are truly a committed voter

-- hide signature --

Jim

Canon EOS 80D
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads