best way to transfer images

Started 2 months ago | Questions
User7857776063 New Member • Posts: 2
best way to transfer images

Hello All,

I just bought the Sony RX10 IV.  The battery is currently charging in the camera.  My 1st question concerns the best way to transfer images from the Camera. I bought some San Disk UHS-1 cards. I looked around and saw some card readers, bt not sure. Some had very good reviews, but also had some bad ones as well    What would you suggest I purchase?  Thank You for your suggestios

Dave

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
haole New Member • Posts: 16
Re: best way to transfer images

I usually shoot around 1-2k photos per session & just use the USB 2.0A to Micro B cable that came w/ the camera to transfer my photos to the PC.

haole's gear list:haole's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Sony RX10 IV
sybersitizen Forum Pro • Posts: 13,441

User7857776063 wrote:

My 1st question concerns the best way to transfer images from the Camera.

To what?  A computer? Until recently, most computers had internal SD card readers, but now I'm seeing some with microSD readers instead.

I bought some San Disk UHS-1 cards. I looked around and saw some card readers, bt not sure.

If you need a card reader, just get one from Amazon and make sure it supports UHS-I. SanDisk is a good brand.

Belgarum
Belgarum New Member • Posts: 11

The RX10 IV has wifi built in, so you could use that to transfer your photos, but it will be v e r y  s l o w.

You can get adaptors which allow you to put an SD card in a USB socket on your PC for a pound or two on eBay or Amazon (or spend a bit more for a branded one, although the cheap ones have always worked fine for me).

Here is just one example  - there are an infinite number of similar adaptors available.
--
Philip

Belgarum's gear list:Belgarum's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Sony RX100 Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 III Nikon D5300 +1 more
Digital Nigel Veteran Member • Posts: 8,873

Belgarum wrote:

The RX10 IV has wifi built in, so you could use that to transfer your photos, but it will be v e r y s l o w.

You can get adaptors which allow you to put an SD card in a USB socket on your PC for a pound or two on eBay or Amazon (or spend a bit more for a branded one, although the cheap ones have always worked fine for me).

Here is just one example - there are an infinite number of similar adaptors available.

But make sure it's a USB 3 or USB C card reader, assuming the computer has such sockets.

Digital Nigel's gear list:Digital Nigel's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 III +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads