D810 key symbol continuously flashing on info screen

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
john49brown Regular Member • Posts: 214
D810 key symbol continuously flashing on info screen

For some reason the key symbol seems to be permanently displayed on the camera info screen. I cannot find any indication in the 810 manual on how to disable flashing symbol.

Anyone encounter this problem before, it does not appear to be interfering with any function but I would rather not see it f possible

-- hide signature --

JohnB

john49brown's gear list:john49brown's gear list
Nikon D300 Samsung NX300 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D810 Fujifilm X-T3 +16 more
Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
xrdbear Veteran Member • Posts: 3,939
Re: D810 key symbol continuously flashing on info screen

john49brown wrote:

For some reason the key symbol seems to be permanently displayed on the camera info screen. I cannot find any indication in the 810 manual on how to disable flashing symbol.

Anyone encounter this problem before, it does not appear to be interfering with any function but I would rather not see it f possible

I have no idea if this is right but is the lock engaged on the side of the SD card?

-- hide signature --

Brian

Sagittarius Veteran Member • Posts: 6,165

john49brown wrote:

Which camera screen do you mean. Top LCD or back LCD when you press i button?

-- hide signature --

Best regards

Sagittarius's gear list:Sagittarius's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +4 more
Schrodingers_cat Senior Member • Posts: 2,593
Try a Two Button Reset

That and reformatting the card are the only things that come to mind.

Sagittarius Veteran Member • Posts: 6,165

xrdbear wrote:

john49brown wrote:

I have no idea if this is right but is the lock engaged on the side of the SD card?

I just checked. If you have CF card and locked SD card inserted, the key symbol will flash on the rear LCD when info (i) button is pressed. If you have only locked SD card inserted, the word "Card", key symbol and (---) will be flashing on rear LCD when i button is pressed.

So yes, locked SD card is causing this problem.

-- hide signature --

Best regards

Sagittarius's gear list:Sagittarius's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +4 more
OP john49brown Regular Member • Posts: 214
Gentlemen one and all

You all nailed it, the culprit was the locking mechanism for the SD card which had moved when inserting card.

Thanks again everyone

-- hide signature --

JohnB

john49brown's gear list:john49brown's gear list
Nikon D300 Samsung NX300 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D810 Fujifilm X-T3 +16 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads