Rokinon 21mm f/1.4 Samples...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
RLight Senior Member • Posts: 1,149
Rokinon 21mm f/1.4 Samples...

I've been having fun with this little guy and putting him through the paces.

Most of the shots are without the EVF thus far, and I'm a bit out of practice for MF, but I still feel the results are decent thus far in the game.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmFdMiK2

I'll be updating it over time and removing lesser samples and replacing them with better ones as available. Just throwing something up there both for myself, and others to study.

Also, I'm giving LR CC a shot as it's camera matching profiles aren't bad for the M6 and auto lighting + lens corrections (as the Rokinon doesn't have lens corrections in DPP4) make quick work of light touch up / enhancement. Most shots are camera standard matching, which is close to what SOOC JPEG or DPP4's standard picture profile produces, close enough that I'll go with it.

F-stops are in the tags in case curious. I shoot wide open a lot; most shots are f/1.4 with a few exceptions either due to shutter / ISO combo exceeding 1/4000 and 100 requiring stop down (as I don't like mounting/demounting filters) or desired field depth IE I don't want wide open as it would be too shallow for subject.

RLight's gear list:RLight's gear list
Canon G1 X III Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS R Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +3 more
Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads