Where Is the Camera Industry Headed In this Ridiculous Resolution War?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Finatil New Member • Posts: 18
Re: Where Is the Camera Industry Headed In this Ridiculous Resolution War?

The new sony for example.. same crop resolution as x-t3/30, sensor covers 70% of the frame in full frame mode, no 4k60.. It's a better a7r with improved features but nothing new. They just added more megapixels and priced it accordingly and there's nothing wrong with that.

jjz2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,208

Wildabobalore wrote:

NottsPhoto wrote:

you hold a very negative view of your generations offspring. It’s not accurate in my experience.

Of course the manager of b and h told you that btw... he’s a sales guy and he plays to your prejudices...

but go away and do some research. This idea that millennials are feckless idiots is a gross misconception of the truth. They are the product of the world you created, no more no less, and they are neither less no more feckless than previous generations, but they are stuck with a far worse level of affordability for major assets such as homes, than the boomers, and far less job security.

Thank you for being a voice of reason in this thread. I too live in the US and the only photographers I see running around with the latest and greatest and $5000 worth of lenses are boomers. Millenials I know can barely upgrade from their 4+ year old Rebel DSLRS to even consider which brand new MILC is going to be worth $2000+ of their hard earned money.

The DPR forums are the absolute perfect example of this. There are daily threads of boomers asking whether they should spend $15k on which system because they have to have the newest and greatest AF and the newest and fasted holy trinity for each system.

This is my observation as well. I've never once seen a millennial with a Leica either, it's always been a boomer. every single time.

jjz2's gear list:jjz2's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 7artisans 35mm F1.2 Fujifilm 15-45mm F3.5-5.6 OIS PZ
stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 22,452

Todd Jones wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

Todd Jones wrote:

biza43 wrote:

Todd Jones wrote:

biza43 wrote:

Many photographers have clients that require high resolutions. It has been like that for decades, where we had film sizes from 35mm to large format.

For what end result is that mp needed or could they be caught up by by the mp race, please explain or show that need in use? Thanks

I know a couple of professional photogs in Portugal (my country) that need high res for what they do. They typically shoot fashion, corporate, studio, some also landscape. After all, high res today is about the same thing why folks used to shoot MF and LF in the past.

Worldwide, there are many others.

Right, a couple. And worldwide a tiny percentage (that's a guess that I'm pretty comfortable making).

You don't want to pay for the F1 engine in your daily commuter but you want the technology that is learned from F1 like safety, handling, new materials.

But a 4 or 6 cylinder in my car is perfect but I'd LIKE to have the other new technology that I can actually use with my 4 cylinder car. And I'm going to make another comfortable guess, that most photographers don't need it at all even if they think they do.

This is rarely about need, it's mostly about want. I didn't need a 5 litre V8, but I wanted it and I like what it does for me on a daily basis both in it's sound, acceleration and handling, even if I rarely break the speed limit.

But you are also aware of and have accepted the higher cost in fuel, tires, brakes rotors, synthetic oils, insurance etc.

As it turns out, synthetic oils cost less because they last longer. And the brakes don't cost more as I've found out.

But to your point, I pay a bit more, but you'd be surprised at how little it really is.

Just like- faster computer, faster and bigger memory cards, inability to wirelessly transfer at reasonable speeds, TIME importing, TIME for Raw processing etc

I've pulled in the 100Mp raw files from the GFX100 and played around with them. I think the only change I would need would be to increase my storage. But only because I'm already running out. I do find they're a little slower to process, but not significantly.

I could have had plenty of fun with a 2.5 litre Mazda 3.

In the same way, for those who don't need 60Mp, there is still benefit.

Sure, I can crop as good as the next guy.

Cropping is happening in both scenarios - 46MP vs. 60Mp - either way, doesn't matter. But when you do crop the 60Mp, you're left with more and better resolved detail, less moire (I hope) etc. etc.

I also find that when you increase MP, you get better looking tonal transitions. Not sure how that will look in this increase, but between 24Mp and 36Mp, it was very noticeable.

So I think there is more than just cropping, right?

If we're in the business of telling companies what they shouldn't and shouldn't manufacture based on some loosely defined need and our own perception of what is "ridiculous", we might as well dial the clock back to USSR days and live in the Soviet Union.

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more

Finatil wrote:

The new sony for example.. same crop resolution as x-t3/30, sensor covers 70% of the frame in full frame mode, no 4k60.. It's a better a7r with improved features but nothing new. They just added more megapixels and priced it accordingly and there's nothing wrong with that.

Just added more megapixels? How is adding more pixels indicative of "stagnation"? Just because the density is similar to the Xt3, it doesn't follow that "therefore they used the same wafer and all they had to do was cut it a different size". It's not quite that simple.

Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
Re: Pushing the boundaries, and Envy

James Pilcher wrote:

I cannot fathom why so many people here are annoyed, some tremendously, that other people have/want more resolution than they have. I can only conclude that these naysayers are masking Envy by belittling those things they do not and cannot have. It becomes the photographic version of class warfare.

I’m glad that a 61Mp FF camera exists, just as I’m glad that a 100Mp Super FF camera exists (I am reluctant to call 33mm x 44mm medium format).

Me too!

I am quite unlikely to own either, but I’m glad they exist. Pushing the boundaries of technology moves the entire photographic world forward.

Jim Pilcher
Summit County, Colorado, USA
Living above life in the Rocky Mountains

Agreed.

Advent1sam
Advent1sam Veteran Member • Posts: 7,783

Batdude wrote:

Where, how and why did this resolution thing start to begin with? I mean, who on earth needs so much resolution??? I am going to guess that only a few photographers need such cameras. I certainly don't. Most of the stuff I do is for people to post it on facebook for them to post and view their photos on a phone. Simple as that. I have shot thousands and thousands of high quality photos with my 16MP cameras and so far nobody has require that I use a high resolution camera. Like I said, I am sure there are other fields where high res images are needed and that's totally cool with me.

I'm not happy regarding where the camera industry is heading why?

1) Having to edit large files for no good reason

2) Too time consuming

3) Will have to upgrade computer system and hardware. I just did that close to two years ago and I'm already starting to feel like the system I got is too slow and I'm only PP 16MP files. Yes for sure I have noticed that storage has gone down in price dramatically but still, what's the point?

Yeah I can simply select the lower resolution file size setting in the camera, but still, what's the point? Personally I don't like the look of images that come out of cameras that have all this cramped up megapixels. Images are starting to look like when I went from Plasma TV to LCD with that nasty ugly unpleasant soap opera look. I mean come on man is that where we are heading? And regarding Fuji IQ, I fell in love with Fuji some years ago when I discovered the S5 Pro by pure accident because someone posted some photos and they did look very different than the Nikon D7000 I was using at that time. But even now I'm not seeing and feeling that same love from the images coming out of the Fuji cameras. I'm just not seeing the same thing anymore guys sorry.

Are sensors with less resolution with bigger pixels really gone forever and are we never again going to get those gorgeous saturated looking pictures? I mean a reasonable amount of resolution is fine with me I have no beef with that but man I think this is getting way our of hand and I find all this ridiculous.

You don't need to use the full 60mp res, you could shoot 26mp FF(M setting) and 26mp crop (L setting)

This makes every lens more flexible, choose FF if dr/noise/dof is necessary, choose crop if focal length/shutter speed is necessary. eg, 24-70 is 24-105, 100-400 is 100-600 with FF/crop provides a multitude of options. I think Sony thought this through very well and they know what they are doing.

Advent1sam's gear list:Advent1sam's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sigma 30mm F1.4 for Sony E Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (Sony) Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +3 more
Todd Jones
Todd Jones Senior Member • Posts: 1,468

James Pilcher wrote:

I cannot fathom why so many people here are annoyed, some tremendously, that other people have/want more resolution than they have. I can only conclude that these naysayers are masking Envy by belittling those things they do not and cannot have. It becomes the photographic version of class warfare.

I’m glad that a 61Mp FF camera exists, just as I’m glad that a 100Mp Super FF camera exists (I am reluctant to call 33mm x 44mm medium format). I am quite unlikely to own either, but I’m glad they exist. Pushing the boundaries of technology moves the entire photographic world forward.

I can't imagine how good Ansel Adams photos would be now! 😲

Jim Pilcher

-- hide signature --

Todd
I'm His, John 6:44

Todd Jones's gear list:Todd Jones's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm +1 more
Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Veteran Member • Posts: 9,436

Finatil wrote:

Companies always start selling resolution when tech comes to a stalemate. This fad is a simple intermission before organic sensors, in-camera ai, etc.. So I just say, don't be a sucker for the stockholders annual sales target.

If you haven't noticed - camera sales have taken a nose dive the last three or four years.  Canon is going to miss their profit goal but at least 20% and maybe up to 40% this year.

The smart phones have wiped out the compact camera market and for ILC sales is down across the board and there doesn't seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel that is not a freight train.

The bubble started to deflate in about 2016 and now that hissing sound is getting louder.

The bottom line chip sales are down but that is for all chips.  Most of the newer sensors we see arose out of supporting the smart phone market.  Apple is Sony's cash cow.  The BSI technology was developed because it is essential in small smart phone sensors.  BSI makes little difference for APS-C and pretty close to none in FF.  But whatever small improvement - it is an improvement.

The higher density lower noise detectors are driven by small sensor smart phone cameras and after they are developed can migrate to larger sensors.

If someone does not want a higher resolution camera - don't buy one.  But the technology march will continue as Moore's law proves to be just as valid for all semiconductors - including sensors - as ever.  Quite frankly the camera companies probably feel they need to make progress as the growth has stopped and the contraction is happening.

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +9 more
MrALLCAPS
MrALLCAPS Contributing Member • Posts: 791
I know where I'M Heading...

To the Camera store, to pick up a slightly used X-Pro 2. I really could care less about MP wars, never did. I remember people arguing in the M43 forums about 16 vs 20 and I actually wanted a 12 MP camera.

MrALLCAPS's gear list:MrALLCAPS's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon Z6
Todd Jones
Todd Jones Senior Member • Posts: 1,468
Re: I know where I'M Heading...

MrALLCAPS wrote:

To the Camera store, to pick up a slightly used X-Pro 2. I really could care less about MP wars, never did. I remember people arguing in the M43 forums about 16 vs 20 and I actually wanted a 12 MP camera.

There are real world advantages to less (and more for some, I argue much less) megapixels no doubt. For me 12 was enough but I've had 36mp full frame and now shoot 24 on apc.

But I only shoot for a fun hobby

-- hide signature --

Todd

Todd Jones's gear list:Todd Jones's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm +1 more
Batdude
OP Batdude Senior Member • Posts: 4,095

Todd Jones wrote:

biza43 wrote:

Todd Jones wrote:

biza43 wrote:

Many photographers have clients that require high resolutions. It has been like that for decades, where we had film sizes from 35mm to large format.

For what end result is that mp needed or could they be caught up by by the mp race, please explain or show that need in use? Thanks

I know a couple of professional photogs in Portugal (my country) that need high res for what they do. They typically shoot fashion, corporate, studio, some also landscape. After all, high res today is about the same thing why folks used to shoot MF and LF in the past.

Right, a couple. And worldwide a tiny percentage (that's a guess that I'm pretty comfortable making).

im pretty sure it is a very tiny % and like I said, I’m sure there are specific fields where high res files are required by an employer, assuming that they ALSO know what they are doing or asking for, but yeah the majority of people on our planet do not need high res pictures.

i met some gentlemen the other day that hired me to  photo shoot an event and he bought a Sony A7RIII recently and when I asked him how he liked it he said “oh God I love it”.

I honestly don’t exactly know what he does with his pictures but I do know he is not a professional photographer and he doesn’t do paid jobs.  He is kind of like a model and what I do know is that whatever pictures he or someone else takes of him all he does is post his photos on Facebook for social media stuff and I know that what all these people do is look at aaaalllll these stuff on their cell phones.  That’s the darn truth.

You don't want to pay for the F1 engine in your daily commuter but you want the technology that is learned from F1 like safety, handling, new materials.

But a 4 or 6 cylinder in my car is perfect but I'd LIKE to have the other new technology that I can actually use with my 4 cylinder car. And I'm going to make another comfortable guess, that most photographers don't need it at all even if they think they do.

-- hide signature --

Todd

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +8 more

Batdude wrote:

Todd Jones wrote:

biza43 wrote:

Todd Jones wrote:

biza43 wrote:

im pretty sure it is a very tiny % and like I said, I’m sure there are specific fields where high res files are required by an employer, assuming that they ALSO know what they are doing or asking for, but yeah the majority of people on our planet do not need high res pictures.

i met some gentlemen the other day that hired me to photo shoot an event and he bought a Sony A7RIII recently and when I asked him how he liked it he said “oh God I love it”.

I honestly don’t exactly know what he does with his pictures but I do know he is not a professional photographer and he doesn’t do paid jobs. He is kind of like a model and what I do know is that whatever pictures he or someone else takes of him all he does is post his photos on Facebook for social media stuff and I know that what all these people do is look at aaaalllll these stuff on their cell phones. That’s the darn truth.

Well that's a shame and he shouldn't be allowed to have an A7Riii. We should really institute a law that requires one to prove need for anything over 12Mp.

Truman Prevatt

Batdude wrote:

Todd Jones wrote:

biza43 wrote:

Todd Jones wrote:

biza43 wrote:

i met some gentlemen the other day that hired me to photo shoot an event and he bought a Sony A7RIII recently and when I asked him how he liked it he said “oh God I love it”.

I honestly don’t exactly know what he does with his pictures but I do know he is not a professional photographer and he doesn’t do paid jobs. He is kind of like a model and what I do know is that whatever pictures he or someone else takes of him all he does is post his photos on Facebook for social media stuff and I know that what all these people do is look at aaaalllll these stuff on their cell phones. That’s the darn truth.

Obviously someone has not heard that "he who dies with the most and biggest toys wins!"

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +9 more
lewiedude2
lewiedude2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,476

stevo23 wrote:

Batdude wrote:

Todd Jones wrote:

biza43 wrote:

Todd Jones wrote:

biza43 wrote:

Many enthusiasts have high resolution requirements. That's why I ventured into MF film a long time ago and stayed there. You don't have to be a pro to have that "requirement"...

Why? And, for who's justification? If I want to buy a high megapixel camera to mess around with it, why shouldn't I be able to. Who cares what people buy. Just be glad that it isn't another person lost to the cell phone camera craze! ALL CELL PHONE PHOTOS ARE MUSHY!!

Any what ever else they want to shoot. This total obsession with people bashing others' use of a high megapixel sensor camera isn't healthy. Enjoy your own gear and be happy when some of the innovative technology migrates to more and more cameras.

Please...this is getting ridiculous. And not one single person has any idea as to how many people in the world that "need" high resolution cameras.

Nice assumption and a tad over-reaching.

As he should, or not. He can love it or hate it. It's his own camera to bond with. I know that if I purchased a camera, and I have, I would want to bond with it as opposed to being a serial camera returner like some in our world are.

I honestly don’t exactly know what he does with his pictures but I do know he is not a professional photographer and he doesn’t do paid jobs.

So?

He is kind of like a model and what I do know is that whatever pictures he or someone else takes of him all he does is post his photos on Facebook for social media stuff and I know that what all these people do is look at aaaalllll these stuff on their cell phones. That’s the darn truth.

Great for him! Do what ever you want with your free time.

Well that's a shame and he shouldn't be allowed to have an A7Riii. We should really institute a law that requires one to prove need for anything over 12Mp.

I totally agree now that I have written the above. No one single person that isn't a paid professional that has clients that REQUIRE high resolution imagery should be allowed to own a camera with such a high pixel count...for sure.

Also, the OP (Batdude) has a history of with his efforts to question high resolution imagery as he "down-graded" to the X-T1 for its 16mp sensor. Good for him and good for his needs. That's all we should really care about - what we need/want and what we want to do with our art or our work product.

lewiedude2's gear list:lewiedude2's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR
myotisone Senior Member • Posts: 1,905

Erik Kaffehr wrote:

A lens covering a larger image circle will always be larger and heavier so, if you crop your images a crop-size sensor may make more sense.

But, you don't crop all the time, it's only when you are forced to.

So, if you are using something like a 600mm on FF, you try and fill the frame, but when you can't get close enough, you have the fall back of cropping, while still maintaining good quality.

If you read wildlife photographers blogs, many have shifted from using Nikon D5s, to D850s, even though the D5 is a better wildlife camera, just to get the cropping fall back.

Cheers,

Graham

liggy
liggy Regular Member • Posts: 441

Pretty sad that the OP is so condescending towards an enthusiast that loves his gear but “isn’t a professional “ yet the OP claims to be a pro but has never posted anything that a cell phone couldn’t capture.

I have no illusions about the fact that my gear completely exceeds my ability

It’s not my place to make judgements on what other folks do with their money.

Megapixels - sensor size, fast glass - it’s all good.

If you don’t need it - don’t buy it.

liggy's gear list:liggy's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm XQ1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 +24 more
NottsPhoto Senior Member • Posts: 1,686

biza43 wrote:

NottsPhoto wrote:

io_bg wrote:

Those pros who need to be on top of their game and offer more than what most amateurs and other pros are capable of. The A7 IV will soon follow for those who don't need so much resolution.

Any pro who differentiates himself by his gear, is wasting his time.

Right. That is why we do not see sports photogs using the big telephotos. they can shoot with a smartphone and get Federer's expression from afar... Any pro will adopt new technology and gear if it helps him to differentiate from its peers.

your entirely missing the point.... every sports photographer at that level has access to any of the gear. He can’t base his business on buying a bit if kit, as it’s not possible to have a usp from that. It’s about the pictures....

The customers don’t care about anything in excess of their needs technically, (most don’t even know what those are btw..) they want good pictures and more importantly, good service.

Maybe your customers do not care. Have you tried submitting your 12 MP or 16 MP images to professional image banks that are requiring increasingly higher res files?

Again, your missing the point, Everyone can submit the appropriate sized images because everyone can access the gear...

they really don’t give a stuff if you use a 24mp or 60mp camera... just as long as... see above,

Right, if you say so.

they don’t, they care that you provide them with images that meet their needs.

This isn’t an argument about having the right gear, or not, it’s about that gear providing you with a usp which enables your business to outcompete others.

You cant build a business on having a particular bit of gear, but that doesn’t mean you don’t need the right gear.

What it means is your business must be based on your art.

but by all means,  go out and buy all the gear,  then bang up your website with that listed,  and see how many customers you get.

-- hide signature --

www.pageonephotography.co.uk
Striving hard to be the man that my dog thinks I am.

NottsPhoto's gear list:NottsPhoto's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +5 more
MikePennPhoto
MikePennPhoto Senior Member • Posts: 1,073

Much how you say people can buy whatever they want, the original poster has every right to his opinion without the angry discourse by those either trying to justify their purchase or whom just take offense to everything said by those who disagree. As for his opinion there are more photographers every day who are beginning to feel the same way.

Truman Prevatt

James Pilcher wrote:

I'm old enough to have seen this cycle in fact many times.  In the 60's/70's many people decided that 35 mm didn't hack it for their vision.  And for many it didn't. So they bought a medium format and used it when the genre called for a MF over a 35 mm.  The 35 mm was wonderful on the street - the Leica being the iconic street camera for the day.  The 6x7 was the cream d'la cream of MF since there was virtually no cropping to get a 8x10, 11x14 or 16x20 print.

Some moved on to 4x5 view camera to get the ultimate print quality alone with the advantages of camera movements.  Of course there were the detractors claiming there was no need for 6x7 or 4x5 was way overkill.  No it wasn't - but this envy has been going on forever.  As I used to tell my classes - after I apologized to the women in the class first - "no matter what your girlfriend tells you size does matters. Negative size matters and negative area matters. "  It still does in photography.  Today in digital since we can't make 4x5 sensors - resolution matters.  The biggest sensor with the max pixel density (within reason and reason is dynamic range) - with give the photography the max flexibility - can you say a 100 MP in the GFX 100.

If you want it for your vision - independent if you sell it or print it and hang it on you walls - if resolution matters you should buy all the resolution you can afford and not look back.

I’m glad that a 61Mp FF camera exists, just as I’m glad that a 100Mp Super FF camera exists (I am reluctant to call 33mm x 44mm medium format). I am quite unlikely to own either, but I’m glad they exist. Pushing the boundaries of technology moves the entire photographic world forward.

Absolutely!  I'm too old to tote my 4x5 over West Maroon Pass or Buffalo pass, or Frigid Air Pass - which I've done all with a 50 pound pack with my 4x5 on board - but I can sure appreciate the work of those at are willing.   If you want the resolution - for whatever reason - it's you choice and your money.  I say Go for it.

Jim Pilcher

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

John Gellings Veteran Member • Posts: 5,403

Batdude wrote:

Where, how and why did this resolution thing start to begin with?

It`s been going on forever... since digital cameras became mainstream.

I mean, who on earth needs so much resolution??? I am going to guess that only a few photographers need such cameras. I certainly don't. Most of the stuff I do is for people to post it on facebook for them to post and view their photos on a phone. Simple as that. I have shot thousands and thousands of high quality photos with my 16MP cameras and so far nobody has require that I use a high resolution camera. Like I said, I am sure there are other fields where high res images are needed and that's totally cool with me.

I'm not happy regarding where the camera industry is heading why?

1) Having to edit large files for no good reason

2) Too time consuming

Use old cameras...

3) Will have to upgrade computer system and hardware. I just did that close to two years ago and I'm already starting to feel like the system I got is too slow and I'm only PP 16MP files. Yes for sure I have noticed that storage has gone down in price dramatically but still, what's the point?

Use old cameras...

Yeah I can simply select the lower resolution file size setting in the camera, but still, what's the point? Personally I don't like the look of images that come out of cameras that have all this cramped up megapixels. Images are starting to look like when I went from Plasma TV to LCD with that nasty ugly unpleasant soap opera look. I mean come on man is that where we are heading? And regarding Fuji IQ, I fell in love with Fuji some years ago when I discovered the S5 Pro by pure accident because someone posted some photos and they did look very different than the Nikon D7000 I was using at that time. But even now I'm not seeing and feeling that same love from the images coming out of the Fuji cameras. I'm just not seeing the same thing anymore guys sorry.

Use older cameras...

Are sensors with less resolution with bigger pixels really gone forever and are we never again going to get those gorgeous saturated looking pictures?

No, you can use older cameras...

I mean a reasonable amount of resolution is fine with me I have no beef with that but man I think this is getting way our of hand and I find all this ridiculous.

Use older cameras...

John Gellings's gear list:John Gellings's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Ricoh GR III Sony a7R II Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-E3 +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads