Photo editing on smartphone: which app do you prefer? Why?

Started Jul 17, 2019 | Polls
timdaviee New Member • Posts: 1
Re: Photo editing on smartphone: which app do you prefer? Why?

I'd go with Snapseed. This is the best editing app that will give you DSLR kinda results. I use it to edit product pictures of my Shopify store.

Patrick T. Kelly Veteran Member • Posts: 4,656

I don't edit on my phone beyond leveling the horizon and possibly cropping and I can do that in Google Photos. I used Snapseed on my chromebook.

-- hide signature --

Patrick T. Kelly
Oaxaca, Mexico

Devon Conway New Member • Posts: 1
Re: Or just upload and edit with GIMP

You're right. But based on my personal experience, I've seen a very positive change. Many photo editing applications are introducing such features that not only sharpen the image but also give a  vibe as if they are taken with a very good camera. Lately, Snapspeed has impressed me the most.

CAcreeks
CAcreeks Forum Pro • Posts: 19,533
Re: Or just upload and edit with GIMP

Devon Conway wrote:

You're right. But based on my personal experience, I've seen a very positive change. Many photo editing applications are introducing such features that not only sharpen the image but also give a vibe as if they are taken with a very good camera. Lately, Snapspeed has impressed me the most.

Could you please post examples, before and after?

Dazza9000 New Member • Posts: 9

Google Photos is good for editing and the option to create photo albums in the app is a killer feature which I use all the time.

tinternaut
tinternaut Veteran Member • Posts: 8,141

Just about mostly Snapseed, but also Lightroom.  Lightroom is pretty insane on a Tensor powered phone, breezing through sky selects about as fast as my M1 Pro Mac.  For raw photos from a big camera (and the occasional JPEG or raw from the phone), Lightroom is my go-to.

tinternaut's gear list:tinternaut's gear list
Olympus E-510 Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Olympus E-30 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +13 more
2sealsonwheels
2sealsonwheels Forum Member • Posts: 66

It's Snapseed for me... It seems real intuitive to use... After reading this thread I didn't know it did raw files, but will give it a go later... I'm learning to use the layer edits and making composite photos...

I used LR for years on the computer, but with traveling and rapidly posting on Instagram, I hardly ever go to the computer any more.

Going to start trying some basic printing to about 16x20-ish prints for framing pictures for around the house, using a full size JPEG edited with Snapseed

-- hide signature --

Just having FUN with a little camera
NIkon D3500
https://www.instagram.com/24megapixseal/

2sealsonwheels's gear list:2sealsonwheels's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D3500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +5 more
Drzewoid Senior Member • Posts: 1,169

2sealsonwheels wrote:

It's Snapseed for me... It seems real intuitive to use... After reading this thread I didn't know it did raw files, but will give it a go later... I'm learning to use the layer edits and making composite photos...

I used LR for years on the computer, but with traveling and rapidly posting on Instagram, I hardly ever go to the computer any more.

Going to start trying some basic printing to about 16x20-ish prints for framing pictures for around the house, using a full size JPEG edited with Snapseed

On smartphone screen even the worst images looks great, so editing with smartphone is waste of time. You can do it wright only with big monitor.

markyboy81 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,796

Depends. On how big your smartphone is, what resolution it is, how good your eyesight is!

Also, you can zoom in...

markyboy81's gear list:markyboy81's gear list
Sony ZV-1 Samsung NX1000 Samsung NX3000 Samsung NX1 Samsung NX500 +9 more
RiDolph
RiDolph New Member • Posts: 1

Snapseed for simplicity.  I need to experience some other apps though.  It has been some time since I tried something else.

RiDolph's gear list:RiDolph's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P7 OM-1 OM System OM-5 Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 Olympus 17mm F1.2 Pro +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads