Finally got a deal on the A6400

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Stan in NH Senior Member • Posts: 1,353
Finally got a deal on the A6400

I have been waiting for some deal on a USA warranty A6400 body to replace my A6000. Finally, I just got an email from Best Buy about a 48 hour sale. Checked the A6400 and they have it listed at a $100 discount with a bonus $25 Shutterfly gift certificate included. So, for $799.95 and free shipping, my new A6400 is on its way.

Very happy with the A6000's performance, but decided the improvements in the AF alone were worth the extra money. Should have it here in two days, and am looking forward to getting out with it. I'll post my thoughts about this upgrade as soon as I have some time and experience with the new camera.

Stan in NH's gear list:Stan in NH's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V Canon EOS 80D Sony a6400
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
herbert68
herbert68 Regular Member • Posts: 101
Re: Finally got a deal on the A6400

I guess several stores are matching the Amazon Prime deal available now: https://shrtm.nu/MLYR

All configurations, body only, with 16-50, or 18-135 are $100 off.

OP Stan in NH Senior Member • Posts: 1,353

herbert68 wrote:

I guess several stores are matching the Amazon Prime deal available now: https://shrtm.nu/MLYR

All configurations, body only, with 16-50, or 18-135 are $100 off.

I only find the $898 price for new ones on Amazon, even with the Prime Day sale.  Also checked all the other Sony authorized resellers and they were also still at the $898 price.

Regardless, $799 is the best price I've yet seen on a new A6400 with a USA warranty, so I didn’t hesitate.

herbert68
herbert68 Regular Member • Posts: 101

You are right @stan, I saw the reduced price this morning, but it has been removed since. Enjoy your new camera!

OP Stan in NH Senior Member • Posts: 1,353

herbert68 wrote:

You are right @stan, I saw the reduced price this morning, but it has been removed since. Enjoy your new camera!

Now I feel much better.  😂  I was sure Amazon would have had it on sale, and I looked, but nothing.  When I saw it listed in Best Buy's “Flash Sale” for $100 off, I was also sure every other retailer would have the same deal going on.  I couldn’t find anyone else with a similar deal, so my conclusion was that the Best Buy deal was, in fact, the best buy.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads