what's the cheapest way to get Capture One Pro 12?

Started Jul 14, 2019 | Discussions
Danielx64 Regular Member • Posts: 129
what's the cheapest way to get Capture One Pro 12?

Good morning from Australia,

I (like a few of you) been lucky enough to get a 50% off discount. Would it be cheaper for me to get the Sony pro ( or express) edition and upgrade to the full pro or just buy pro outright?

Thank you

Aristide Rutilant Forum Member • Posts: 87
Re: what's the cheapest way to get Capture One Pro 12?

I had to make an account to get the Fuji Express version and from there, there's nothing that tells anything about upgrade price. So if you don't have a Sony of a Fuji camera, I've not idea what would be the cheapest way to get the Pro version.

Aristide Rutilant's gear list:Aristide Rutilant's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm 15-45mm F3.5-5.6 OIS PZ
jerrysdean43 Contributing Member • Posts: 975

Danielx64 wrote:

I (like a few of you) been lucky enough to get a 50% off discount. Would it be cheaper for me to get the Sony pro ( or express) edition and upgrade to the full pro or just buy pro outright?

Thank you

Buy the Fuji or Sony Pro version on sale and upgrade to the full Pro version for $99.00

OP Danielx64 Regular Member • Posts: 129

jerrysdean43 wrote:

Danielx64 wrote:

Thank you

Buy the Fuji or Sony Pro version on sale and upgrade to the full Pro version for $99.00

So do I use my 50% off on the pro upgrade or the Sony pro version?

jerrysdean43 Contributing Member • Posts: 975

Danielx64 wrote:

jerrysdean43 wrote:

Danielx64 wrote:

Thank you

So do I use my 50% off on the pro upgrade or the Sony pro version?

You will have to do the math, I do not know the current prices, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out which is the best value.  I  do know that it is an $99.00 upgrade from the Sony Pro to the full Pro version.

So if the full Pro version at 50% off is less than buying the Sony Pro version  + the $99.00 upgrade, go for it, if the Sony Pro + $99.00 is less than buy that one.

I wold suspect that if the Sony Pro version is on sale then you probably won't be able to use your 50% off on it.

Windeguy Regular Member • Posts: 437

Danielx64 wrote:

Thank you

How did you get a 50% off discount?

It seems that the Capture One discount codes sometimes can only be applied to certain purchases.  For example upgrades or new sales.  I recently got a 30% off coupon but it wasn't valid on upgrades.

I already purchased the Fuji version for $99 and an upgrade to Pro would cost $99 but the coupon I had wouldn't work.

OP Danielx64 Regular Member • Posts: 129

Windeguy wrote:

Danielx64 wrote:

Thank you

It seems that the Capture One discount codes sometimes can only be applied to certain purchases. For example upgrades or new sales. I recently got a 30% off coupon but it wasn't valid on upgrades.

I already purchased the Fuji version for $99 and an upgrade to Pro would cost $99 but the coupon I had wouldn't work.

I got the discount by email, I think you have a valid point. I am going to check the fine point to make sure that it will work on upgrades.

Edit: here the fine print

This offer is valid for:

• Capture One Pro 12 - Perpetual license, including license purchased with Styles bundle
  • Capture One Pro - 1 year prepaid subscription - Discount applies to the first billing period
Windeguy Regular Member • Posts: 437

Danielx64 wrote:

Windeguy wrote:

Danielx64 wrote:

Thank you

It seems that the Capture One discount codes sometimes can only be applied to certain purchases. For example upgrades or new sales. I recently got a 30% off coupon but it wasn't valid on upgrades.

I got the discount by email, I think you have a valid point. I am going to check the fine point to make sure that it will work on upgrades.

Edit: here the fine print

This offer is valid for:

• Capture One Pro 12 - Perpetual license, including license purchased with Styles bundle
  • Capture One Pro - 1 year prepaid subscription - Discount applies to the first billing period

Yeah that's similar to the one I got.  But mine was 30%.  My discount would not work for an upgrade.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads