This month with your Nikon 1 - July 2019

Started Jul 2, 2019 | Discussions
holgerlinke Regular Member • Posts: 432
This month with your Nikon 1 - July 2019

Welcome to another monthly thread! Feel free to share your work either here or through individual threads on the forum, whatever you are more comfortable with.

The rules are simple:

• Add your contribution by responding to this first message in this topic.
  • Change the subject of your message, then embed your image into the reply with whatever you’d like to say about it.
  • If you want criticism/critique (C&C) or technique feedback, say so. It’s generally assumed that you want general feedback, but direct requests make it clearer.

The title of the thread shouldn't discourage you from posting older pictures. Feel free to post anything that you found again in your archives or that you are currently working on.

Link to previous threads:

2019: June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2018: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2017: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May- April - March - Feb

Cheers,
Holger

holgerlinke's gear list:holgerlinke's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Nikon 1 V3 Sony a7R II Nikon 1 J5 Nikon Z7 +19 more
fafitz Contributing Member • Posts: 561
Re: This month with your Nikon 1 - July 2019

Taken in the back yard with the new J1 plus 70-300 AF-P.  We have an abundance of bunnies.

-- hide signature --

Frank
D300; N1 V1; S1 IS

fafitz's gear list:fafitz's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D1 Nikon 1 V1 Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +6 more
RichDitch
RichDitch Contributing Member • Posts: 763

July in Arizona - we have an abundance of heat. We'll see another 7 or 8 degree increase before the season ends.

My car just before noon.

Our shaded patio in the afternoon.

Adzor Regular Member • Posts: 499
Solar eclipse

From Santiago, Chile

Adzor's gear list:Adzor's gear list
Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon 1 V2 +8 more
RichDitch
Re: Solar eclipse

Adzor wrote:

From Santiago, Chile

That's a very interesting color for the sky.

What sort of precautions did you take in this situation to protect your eyes and your camera sensor?

Wu Jiaqiu
Wu Jiaqiu Forum Pro • Posts: 27,158
Windsurfer

Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D2Xs Nikon 1 J3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
Adzor Regular Member • Posts: 499
Re: Solar eclipse

RichDitch wrote:

Adzor wrote:

That's a very interesting color for the sky.

What sort of precautions did you take in this situation to protect your eyes and your camera sensor?

A combination of light cloud, low sun, dark moon shadow and unfortunately the Santiago smog (dust & soot & winter mist)

Another shot with similar sunset colours in Santiago

Oh, and no special protection :(. The special eclipse glasses were hard to come by, so tried to watch only through the V3 lcd and evf.

Adzor's gear list:Adzor's gear list
Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon 1 V2 +8 more
greggyh Regular Member • Posts: 157
Carhenge

Carhenge, Alliance Nebraska, USA

greggyh's gear list:greggyh's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Nikon Coolpix P7000 Nikon D7200 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon 1 V3 +10 more
RichDitch

Well, well, well. What a guy with time on his hands and some heavy equipment can do!

I hope this place is on the Nebraska tourist route. I wouldn't want to miss it if I ever passed that way.

Neat shots!

(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 1,022
Unexpected July 4th parade visitor.

A taekwondo school had this in our July 4th parade.

-- hide signature --

- JJ

FKS
FKS Veteran Member • Posts: 3,177
Walking on water

The tide was really low yesterday morning (and abnormally high in the afternoon), and there was a bit of a traffic jam.

Nikon V2 + 30-110mm (pardon the editing as I'm traveling and don't have my usual computer).

FKS's gear list:FKS's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon 1 V2 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon Z7 Nikon D5200 +30 more
yc828 New Member • Posts: 13

Nikon 1 J5 + 32mm f/1.2

-- hide signature --

Regards,
YC828

yc828 New Member • Posts: 13
My dog

-- hide signature --

Regards,
YC828

Magneetto New Member • Posts: 9

Sunset from teijo/Finland 4.7.

fafitz Contributing Member • Posts: 561

Beautiful!  Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Frank
D300; N1 V1; S1 IS

fafitz's gear list:fafitz's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D1 Nikon 1 V1 Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +6 more
OP holgerlinke Regular Member • Posts: 432
We take no prisoners!

The squirrels, like all other birds, manage to pass through the anti-pidgeon net at my bird feeder

holgerlinke's gear list:holgerlinke's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Nikon 1 V3 Sony a7R II Nikon 1 J5 Nikon Z7 +19 more
RichDitch
Re: We take no prisoners!

holgerlinke wrote:

The squirrels, like all other birds, manage to pass through the anti-pidgeon net at my bird feeder

What a hoot! Well seen and done.

Cubits Regular Member • Posts: 174

To test the low light performance i snapped a few pics at my wife's 30th on the V2 with the 18.5 and SBN5 fitted. That flash, although not strong, resolves really really nicely when bounced. For some reason i had the aperture down at 2.8, but the high ISO results still came out acceptably for the facebook/instragram crowd.

Cubits Regular Member • Posts: 174

And my acquisition of the FT-1 let me finally try the big gun 70-300 on the tiny crop sensor. I have the AFP DX 4.5-6.3 ED.

My first attempt at a moon shot came out alright, but i reckon with a little stacking it will really crisp up. I used a tripod, remote trigger, RAW capture, and electronic shutter to do my best at base ISO, but stuff like atmospheric lensing fluctuations can only be done away with by multiple exposures.

I haven't managed to get out in good light and snap some birds, but i did catch a predator at the moment before attacking the one plant i tell her not to eat...

And another B&W of a spiky plant in my back yard, just playing with isolating highlights around those points.

It's a decent lens, fairly fast to focus on the V2 as well, but obviously missing the tracking ability of the native lens off centre for BIF.

Magneetto New Member • Posts: 9

Eagle In Kustavi/Finland Last weekend

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads