Started Jun 30, 2019 | Discussions
mdavidp Senior Member • Posts: 2,303
Who will be the first?

No text.

mdavidp's gear list:mdavidp's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm GFX 50R
OP mdavidp Senior Member • Posts: 2,303
Re: Who will be the first?

Who will be the first to buy and return the GFX100?

I am waiting to see if the IQ is better than my 50s.

I want to be dead certain I want this camera.

I would feel lousy asking a camera store to refund 10000.

Mike P

mdavidp's gear list:mdavidp's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm GFX 50R
robertdc Forum Member • Posts: 63

That might be me ... but not because I am in any way unhappy with the camera in terms of capabilites, image quality etc. I pre-ordered and collected the camera last Thursday and yesterday I had to return it. The reason is that there's some sort of bug or possibly a hardware issue whereby every time I switch the camera off it loses all settings. I go straight back to the language, date/time etc menus and any custom changes I have made are also lost.

I discsussed this with the shop where I bought it and they suggested it might be the internal battery not being fully charged. We tried leaving in two fully charged main batteries for over 24 hours but the problem still persists, so reluctantly I had to take it back yesterday. It now appears that there's also an issue with the main bateries discharging at quite an alarming speed without the camera even being used.

Anyway, the store where I bought it (London Camera Exchange in Strand, London) have as always been extremely helpful and are working with Fujiflm to try to identify the problem, and to get a replacement camera for me.

Hopefully this is just an isolated issue and I can't wait to get the new camera as the limited photos I took with the faulty one were amazing.

-- hide signature --

Robert de Castro

robertdc's gear list:robertdc's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Fujifilm GFX 100 Fujifilm GF 63mm F2.8 Fujifilm GF 110mm F2 Fujifilm GF 45mm F2.8 +1 more
matteroner
matteroner Contributing Member • Posts: 696

robertdc wrote:

That might be me ... but not because I am in any way unhappy with the camera in terms of capabilites, image quality etc. I pre-ordered and collected the camera last Thursday and yesterday I had to return it. The reason is that there's some sort of bug or possibly a hardware issue whereby every time I switch the camera off it loses all settings. I go straight back to the language, date/time etc menus and any custom changes I have made are also lost.

I discsussed this with the shop where I bought it and they suggested it might be the internal battery not being fully charged. We tried leaving in two fully charged main batteries for over 24 hours but the problem still persists, so reluctantly I had to take it back yesterday. It now appears that there's also an issue with the main bateries discharging at quite an alarming speed without the camera even being used.

Anyway, the store where I bought it (London Camera Exchange in Strand, London) have as always been extremely helpful and are working with Fujiflm to try to identify the problem, and to get a replacement camera for me.

Hopefully this is just an isolated issue and I can't wait to get the new camera as the limited photos I took with the faulty one were amazing.

Yikes. That is indefensible on a camera if this caliber.

-- hide signature --

@photomat76

matteroner's gear list:matteroner's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D Fujifilm GFX 50R Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM +13 more
Chris Dodkin
MOD Chris Dodkin Forum Pro • Posts: 12,769

The internal battery issue pops up every time Fuji release a new model

Leaving a charged battery in place for a few days usually charges it - but if not then it's a return and replace

-- hide signature --

Your time is limited, so don't waste it arguing about camera features - go out and capture memories - Oh, and size does matter - shoot MF

Chris Dodkin's gear list:Chris Dodkin's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm GFX 50S Fujifilm GFX 50R +43 more

Yes, I see there were similar issues reported with the X-T20 and X-Pro-2. Seems like they got resolved before long though, so hoping that will be the case again. Maybe it’s just a firmware glitch.

-- hide signature --

Robert de Castro

Ricoh GR Digital IV Fujifilm GFX 100 Fujifilm GF 63mm F2.8 Fujifilm GF 110mm F2 Fujifilm GF 45mm F2.8 +1 more
matteroner
matteroner Contributing Member • Posts: 696

"It now appears that there's also an issue with the main bateries discharging at quite an alarming speed without the camera even being used."

This is also concerning.

-- hide signature --

@photomat76

matteroner's gear list:matteroner's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D Fujifilm GFX 50R Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM +13 more

matteroner wrote:

"It now appears that there's also an issue with the main bateries discharging at quite an alarming speed without the camera even being used."

This is also concerning.

When I was repeatedly trying to get past the initial setup, I did notice that the first battery became depleted, without me even shooting any photos but I was having to keep reconnecting to my phone via Bluetooth so I thought that might be understandable. After I dropped the camera back at LCE I received a voicemail from them to say there seems to be something more serious than just losing settings as they found it apparently discharged a fully charged battery within 5 minutes and shut down, but when they put the supposedly empty battery into a GFX50s it showed it was still fully charged. They put it back in the GFX 100, it showed it as fully charged but then supposedly empty again after 5 minutes. I’m obviously disappointed by this but I love the Fujifilm medium format image quality so I don’t regret my purchase at all. I know LCE will do their best to get me a replacement as soon as possible and I’m glad these issues appeared from the start though because at least I can expect a replacement rather than a repair later on.

-- hide signature --

Robert de Castro

Rand 47
Rand 47 Senior Member • Posts: 1,240

Great attitude, if I may say so.  Wishing you the best with the replacement.

When I took my brand new X-H1 out of the box, the shutter button fell out!  LOL  Deep breath, figured sometimes stuff happens.

The replacement H-1 has been singing along for a year now with zero issues.

Rand

Rand 47's gear list:Rand 47's gear list
Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 Fujifilm 120mm F4 Macro Fujifilm GF 110mm F2 Fujifilm GF 23mm F4 Fujifilm GF 250mm F4 +4 more
khaw
khaw Senior Member • Posts: 1,202

Good luck with getting a correctly functioning camera ASAP.

Please keep us posted.  Thanks.  K-H.

khaw's gear list:khaw's gear list
Sony a9

Thanks. Glad to hear your experience with the X-H1 ended well. I guess these hiccups are sometimes the price we pay for jumping in early. I had to really, as I’d sold nearly everything except my favorite GF lenses in anticipation of buying the GFX 100 as soon as I could after launch. Afraid my GFX 50R and 50S would drop in value if I waited. That’s my logical reason anyway but I also just wanted to get that camera!

-- hide signature --

Robert de Castro

khaw wrote:

Good luck with getting a correctly functioning camera ASAP.

Please keep us posted. Thanks. K-H.

Thanks, will do.

-- hide signature --

Robert de Castro

Just heard that my replacement GFX 100 should be available by end of the week. Very happy with that.

-- hide signature --

Robert de Castro

khaw
khaw Senior Member • Posts: 1,202

robertdc wrote:

Just heard that my replacement GFX 100 should be available by end of the week. Very happy with that.

Thanks.  That’s great news.  K-H.

khaw's gear list:khaw's gear list
Sony a9
Gerhard Hagen
Gerhard Hagen Junior Member • Posts: 48

Hi there,

just to say something positive, my GFX 100 was delivered on Friday, no problems whatsoever. Definitely no probs with internal and external batteries.

I hope Fuji gets a definite solution for the affected cameras.

-- hide signature --

Sincerely, Gerhard
gerhard-hagen-naturfotos.de

Gerhard Hagen's gear list:Gerhard Hagen's gear list
Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 Fujifilm GF 23mm F4 Fujifilm GF 45mm F2.8 Fujifilm GF 250mm F4 +8 more

Hi. Great to hear that. Hope my experience was just an exception. Enjoy your camera and looking forward to receiving my replacement very soon.

-- hide signature --

Robert de Castro

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads