Help: Flashpoint studio 300 R2 strobe

Started Jun 28, 2019 | Discussions
artman51164 Junior Member • Posts: 32
Help: Flashpoint studio 300 R2 strobe

Just got Flashpoint 300 R2 ? When pointed (head) downward vertically there is a slight vibration noise, buzzing. Not talking about fan noise. More pronounced front of head. Has anyone experienced this or can check yours let me know. Trying to determined if to send back to Adorama.  Thanks.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Sailor Blue
Sailor Blue Forum Pro • Posts: 15,528
Re: Help: Flashpoint studio 300 R2 strobe

If it is a high pitched whine it is likely vibration from a transformer. When vertical it could be shifting its position slightly inside the strobe so that it can move more or touch something so the vibration becomes more noticeable.

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Pattaya, Thailand. Canon 5DS R & 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5DS R Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX +9 more
OP artman51164 Junior Member • Posts: 32

Not a whining more of a rattling noise. Seems to be working fine. Noise not that loud. Just was wondering if anyone else encountered this. Won’t return it. Warranty is a year. Thanks.

Sailor Blue wrote:

If it is a high pitched whine it is likely vibration from a transformer. When vertical it could be shifting its position slightly inside the strobe so that it can move more or touch something so the vibration becomes more noticeable.

Sailor Blue

If the strobe had a fan I would have guessed that, but from what I see it doesn't have a fan.

Then I don't have any other guess.  As long as it works fine I would just keep it.

If it is a real bother then try contacting helen@adorama.com.  She is a forum member and has always been very helpful.

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Pattaya, Thailand. Canon 5DS R & 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5DS R Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX +9 more
fotowbert
fotowbert Veteran Member • Posts: 3,223
Adorama contact

Sailor Blue wrote:

If the strobe had a fan I would have guessed that, but from what I see it doesn't have a fan.

Then I don't have any other guess. As long as it works fine I would just keep it.

If it is a real bother then try contacting helen@adorama.com. She is a forum member and has always been very helpful.

According to this thread Helen Oster (dpr member HelenOster ) left Adorama April 5, 2019.

If her replacement at Adorama has come forward I must have missed it.

• John
 fotowbert's gear list:fotowbert's gear list
Canon PowerShot A20 Canon PowerShot SD870 IS Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8 Canon PowerShot S95 +15 more
Sailor Blue
Re: Adorama contact

fotowbert wrote:

Sailor Blue wrote:

Then I don't have any other guess. As long as it works fine I would just keep it.

If it is a real bother then try contacting helen@adorama.com. She is a forum member and has always been very helpful.

According to this thread Helen Oster (dpr member HelenOster ) left Adorama April 5, 2019.

If her replacement at Adorama has come forward I must have missed it.

• John

Thanks for posting the link John.  I was both away from home and having some health problems at that time and missed the post.  Sorry to see Helen isn't on the forum any longer.

-- hide signature --

HelenOster
HelenOster Senior Member • Posts: 1,188

Sailor Blue wrote:

.....Sorry to see Helen isn't on the forum any longer.

Hope you feel better.....I'm here, but only in a personal capacity.

Helen

Sailor Blue

HelenOster wrote:

Sailor Blue wrote:

.....Sorry to see Helen isn't on the forum any longer.

Hope you feel better.....I'm here, but only in a personal capacity.

Helen

Glad to see you are still with us Helen. You were always a great help to members with Adorama.  I'm sure everyone would love to have you do some postings about your own work.

It was a real bummer to be on my first  trip to Australia and Tasmania, expecting to do lots of photography, and get sick.  Totally ruined the trip.

Fortunately I am much better now and thinking about the possibility of another trip.

-- hide signature --

Nancy Miller
Nancy Miller Forum Member • Posts: 65

Hi,
This is Nancy Miller. I took over Helen's post.
Feel free to reach out to me at nancym@adorama.com. Cheers!

-- hide signature --

Nancy Miller

Nancy Miller

Hi,

This is Nancy Miller. I took over Helen's post.

Feel free to reach out to me at nancym@adorama.com. Cheers!

-- hide signature --

Nancy Miller

Sailor Blue

Glad to meet you Nancy.

Having a contact at Adorama is a great help for many members of DPReview.  I'll change my advice on who to contact at Adorama in the future.

-- hide signature --

Nancy Miller

Thanks! Always here to help you guys!

-- hide signature --

Nancy Miller

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads