100-400 price

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
Montanawildlives Contributing Member • Posts: 842
100-400 price

It's listed at $1699 on Amazon, no indication that this is a sale.  B and H has the same price but lists the regular price at $1899.  Is $1699 the new "regular" price?  Is this as cheap as the prior sale prices?

I'm not terribly interested in the TC, but I've heard that it goes on sale as a set sometimes--what has the price been for that pair?  (either TC).

Thanks!

-- hide signature --
 Montanawildlives's gear list:Montanawildlives's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D500 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +10 more
cilucia
cilucia Regular Member • Posts: 415
Re: 100-400 price

I think the biggest rebate from a few months ago was $500 off for a net price of $1400 (which is still cheaper than the current price) for the lens alone.

The most recent rebates have not included any deals on the TC, I don’t think. I believe prior sales have been something like including the TC for +$100 to the base price of the lens.

(I picked up the lens during the $500 off rebate, but I already scrubbed whether it was $1400 or $1500 from my memory; and I bought it locally instead of online this time)

-- hide signature --
 cilucia's gear list:cilucia's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +4 more
ninjagowoo
ninjagowoo Regular Member • Posts: 116

Here's the price history for just the lens

I'm not sure I've seen them officially bundled with a sale price. If they were it was usually an adorama/bh just offering the TC as an addon and listing it as its own product.

ninjagowoo's gear list:ninjagowoo's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1
Samuraidog Regular Member • Posts: 177

Get it used for a reasonable price. I think I paid $1200 for mine and it was in excellent condition.

OP Montanawildlives Contributing Member • Posts: 842

Thanks everybody! I think I'll wait for a bigger sale

-- hide signature --
 Montanawildlives's gear list:Montanawildlives's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D500 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +10 more
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 14,326

Montanawildlives wrote:

Thanks everybody! I think I'll wait for a bigger sale

You might also rethink the TC, if it's affordable.  Not sure exactly what you'll be out shooting, but for wildlife, I've found 400mm (even on a crop body) to often still be too short.  This is particularly true for birds, but also for other wildlife.  That additional 40% of reach comes in handy a lot, and I very often find myself using the TC with the lens (and it's always in my kit ready to be attached when needed).  The best part is the fact that the impact on IQ is really minimal.

Food for thought... (and no, I don't get a commission for TC sales).

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads