X-T20 Shutter Dial Not Responding

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
rosstex New Member • Posts: 5
X-T20 Shutter Dial Not Responding

Hi all! I'm having an issue with the shutter speed on my X-T20. I was experimenting with bulb mode, and suddenly I'm unable to switch the camera out of bulb (for manual) and 30" (for shutter priority mode). The setting is greyed out in the menu, and resetting the device did not help. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks!

Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Araldite Contributing Member • Posts: 741
Re: X-T20 Shutter Dial Not Responding

1. Does the shutter dial still turn?

2. Did you accidentally switch the lever under the shutter dial to AUTO

-- hide signature --

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS

Araldite's gear list:Araldite's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Olympus 14-150 F4-5.6 II Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Google Picasa +1 more
OP rosstex New Member • Posts: 5

Thanks for the response. Yep, the dial still turns normally. The camera is not in AUTO mode. When I turn AUTO on, the shutter actually performs as intended.

What is the Left Hand (From the rear of the camera) set to. I have tried to replicate your problem on my camera.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Olympus 14-150 F4-5.6 II Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Google Picasa +1 more

I meant to say dial, mine is se to "S" single shot

-- hide signature --

Mine is also set to ‘S’, but it appears that any setting on the left dial displays the same “Bulb” setting when the aperture is set to manual. “Bulb” appears for any setting above ‘S’ (turning clockwise) except Panorama, where the shutter speed is it 1.5”. Everything below ‘S’ (counter-clockwise) is 30”. Exposure compensation is set to C.

The “Interval Timer Shooting” setting is greyed out in the Shooting 1/2 menu.

Have you done a full re-set, if that doesn't solve the problem it might be time to contact Fuji. I just can't get my T20 to replicate the problem. There are two re-sets, I suggest you do them both. Also try a different SD card and or lens.

Sorry I can't help you any further. Let me know how you go

-- hide signature --

Just following up, I have updated the firmwares and re-flashed them both a couple times, but no luck. The shutter speed setting is greyed out in the software menu, and the speed dial is still unresponsive.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads