Evening walk with the Botanical Lens

Started 7 months ago | Photos
alex_virt Senior Member • Posts: 1,541
Evening walk with the Botanical Lens

Peter "Flektogon" again inspired me to take my Botanical Lens out for a walk. Here are a few snapshots.

Pentax K-S1, Pentax-A 35-105mm/F3.5, OOC JPEGs reduced to 6 MP. Best viewed on black.

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Pentax K-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
flektogon
flektogon Veteran Member • Posts: 4,009
Re: Evening walk with the Botanical Lens

Yes Alex, I am somehow familiar with such pictures . I am still trying to find out what makes this lens so unique regarding the colour reproduction. For example my DA 35/2.8 Ltd. is definitely better in every aspect, but this Pentax-A lens' colours can't be beaten by any other lens. I noticed that your pictures, exactly like mine tend to be underexposed (but only with this lens). So, what if the underexposure makes the colours so much richer?

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Peter

OP alex_virt Senior Member • Posts: 1,541

flektogon wrote:

Yes Alex, I am somehow familiar with such pictures . I am still trying to find out what makes this lens so unique regarding the colour reproduction. For example my DA 35/2.8 Ltd. is definitely better in every aspect, but this Pentax-A lens' colours can't be beaten by any other lens.

It is slightly less sharp than the 35 macro and makes smaller magnifications but being a zoom it's more versatile and gives the pictures different perspective.

I noticed that your pictures, exactly like mine tend to be underexposed (but only with this lens). So, what if the underexposure makes the colours so much richer?

Actually, yes. Decreasing brightness increases saturation of all colours except yellow which gets more saturated as brightness increases. There is a scientific explanation of this phenomenon, but I can't remember it

Terry K1
Terry K1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,256

You do a great job focusing that lens. I agree, the colors are great.

Terry K1's gear list:Terry K1's gear list
Pentax KP Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA* 200mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM +10 more
OP alex_virt Senior Member • Posts: 1,541

Terry K1 wrote:

You do a great job focusing that lens. I agree, the colors are great.

Thanks! This lens is surprisingly easy to focus.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads