Z 6 and 50mm F/1.8 S (Flashpoint R2 set-up)

Started 2 months ago | Photos
BeaverGrad New Member • Posts: 16
Z 6 and 50mm F/1.8 S (Flashpoint R2 set-up)

I thought I would share my first experience using my new Z 6, 50mm F/1.8 S, and Flashpoint (Godox) R2 trigger and flash set up. The model is my daughter. We went out on father's day to scope out a place for her engagement photos. She's getting married in December :-O! I used the gear I just mentioned along with a light stand and bounce back umbrella. Edited in LR with a little bit of dodging and burning in PS. I'm loving the 50mm S and the possibilities I have in terms of the upcoming senior portraits season!

BeaverGrad's gear list:BeaverGrad's gear list
Nikon D500 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +5 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
OP BeaverGrad New Member • Posts: 16
Re: Z 6 and 50mm F/1.8 S (Flashpoint R2 set-up)

By the way, Eye AF worked great! Also, can someone tell me why the exif data isn't showing up when I post pictures? Am I doing something wrong?

Nikon D500 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +5 more
edform
edform Veteran Member • Posts: 6,292

BeaverGrad wrote:

By the way, Eye AF worked great! Also, can someone tell me why the exif data isn't showing up when I post pictures? Am I doing something wrong?

That's usually because your PP program is set to remove the Exif data.

-- hide signature --

Ed Form

edform's gear list:edform's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +1 more

Good to know. Thank you!

edform
edform Veteran Member • Posts: 6,292

BeaverGrad wrote:

Good to know. Thank you!

Yes, but did you find the setting? It's sometimes pretty obscure. 

-- hide signature --

Ed Form

edform's gear list:edform's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +1 more
mgblack74 Contributing Member • Posts: 669

I have the same combo.... It's a great set up.  Your daughter is stunning, btw. Good work mom and dad ;-). A lot of people "have a side" they prefer and I can see that she does too. Her head positioning is identical in every shot. My own daughter, even at 10, practices in the mirror. She's going to have to mix it up on wedding day! Kidding aside, great pics, nice balance of flash and ambient. Congrats and good luck on wedding day!

mgblack74's gear list:mgblack74's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E ED Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 +1 more

Thank you, so much! I hadn't even considered her head positioning, but you are right:)

Yes! I did find them in the export window. Thanks!

Handiworks
Handiworks Regular Member • Posts: 390

I am just loving the colors in the Z6!  Trying to decide between this and the A7III.
Amazing photos, great job!  Your daughter will make a beautiful Bride!

-- hide signature --

Canon RP, Canon EF 24-105 STM, Olympus OMD-EM1, & some other bits.
"The present is the only place where time touches eternity" C.S. Lewis

Handiworks's gear list:Handiworks's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads